Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

11 minutes ago, 2cruisetogether said:

I have my original paper one as well, and they do want a photo id

I have uploaded my passport 👍 but they should be specific in their requirements 😂

Edited by downsmead

Oh bloody hell, now a change to our itinerary to stop at Liverpool?! We're from Liverpool and travelling all the way down to Southampton to join the 17 July cruise to then have a port stop where we started off! We won't even be able to get off on our own to pop home to water the plants! Ah well, a relaxing day onboard for us drinking I think. For those of you though who haven't visited Liverpool, you're in for a great day. The ships dock in the heart of the city's waterfront and there's loads of things to see and do. It's unfortunate though that only Celebrity excursions will let you off the ship, it's great to just wandering around on your own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Oh bloody hell, now a change to our itinerary to stop at Liverpool?! We're from Liverpool and travelling all the way down to Southampton to join the 17 July cruise to then have a port stop where we started off! We won't even be able to get off on our own to pop home to water the plants! Ah well, a relaxing day onboard for us drinking I think. For those of you though who haven't visited Liverpool, you're in for a great day. The ships dock in the heart of the city's waterfront and there's loads of things to see and do. It's unfortunate though that only Celebrity excursions will let you off the ship, it's great to just wandering around on your own.

We had an amazing day in Liverpool. We were on the QE 2 and tendered on the Mercy Ferry to the shore. Interesting place and just lovely people. I’m looking forward to another day in Liverpool.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Our cruise at the end of august only goes to Belfast and Liverpool,  love Liverpool but if we don’t get off the ship we plan to chill out, just hoping we get on board  for our cruise.  I’m sure it will be a very relaxing cruise.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

I’m looking forward to Liverpool. There may be an outside chance that we will be let off to do our own thing, if so brilliant. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, downsmead said:

I’m looking forward to Liverpool. There may be an outside chance that we will be let off to do our own thing, if so brilliant. 

Surely, if all restrictions are over when you get to Liverpool, you should be able to get off to ‘wander.’

I’m hoping so, as our granddaughter is a medical student there, so 🙏that we can arrange to see her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Oh bloody hell, now a change to our itinerary to stop at Liverpool?! We're from Liverpool and travelling all the way down to Southampton to join the 17 July cruise to then have a port stop where we started off! We won't even be able to get off on our own to pop home to water the plants! 

You gave me a laugh with this!  We chose our cruise because it had 2 Scottish ports despite stopping in Liverpool, about 15 miles from home.  Well, the Scottish ports have now gone and today we’ve been informed we’ve got Belfast instead, which we visited in 2019.  But, I’ll just be so happy to be on the ship and be waited on, that I’m past caring 😄.  I want calm seas more than anything!

• Like 2

A friend of mine who also lives in Liverpool just said she was on a cruise once that made a change to stop in Liverpool. She got a taxi to her hairdressers to get her hair done! Much cheaper than the onboard salon even taking into account the taxi fares! 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

On 5/30/2021 at 2:50 PM, talljules1 said:

Cheers - all sorted.

Thank you so very much I just came across this post after paying £102 parking and have no cancelled this got a full refund and now made a free car parking booking, cheers :-).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

OMG are we not allowed off the ship on our own??

18 hours ago, downsmead said:

The 17th July sailing has now had Inverness replaced by Liverpool and dates jigged around.

D799DFB2-A8E7-4F8D-98BD-3B8F0BE74831.jpeg

I haven’t received an email!! My celebrity app is also showing the original itinerary. But I have got free parking 😂

• Like 1

Just out of interest, has anyone on the first few sailings been contacted by the Retreat concierge yet? Usually they reach out at around 30 days with an email. We are on July 17th sailing yet and nothing so wondering if anyone on the 2 sailings before have had anything?

6 minutes ago, 38anchor said:

Just out of interest, has anyone on the first few sailings been contacted by the Retreat concierge yet? Usually they reach out at around 30 days with an email. We are on July 17th sailing yet and nothing so wondering if anyone on the 2 sailings before have had anything?

On the July 3rd in a sky suite, not heard anything yet🙂

I’ve only ever received contact when in a royal suite - I don’t remember being contacted when in a celebrity suite. 
But I’d imagine if you reached out to the concierge they’d be more than happy to help 🙂

A note on Twitter from Celebrity will hopefully help with the current confusion about PCT testing:

Hello. We have an update! To avoid confusion we are changing the timeline requirements to Three Days prior to sailing. This means you can take your test any time on either 30th June or 1st July should you be sailing on 3rd July - Jack

2 hours ago, delondin said:

I thought it was only the top suites that had contact from the retreat concierge prior to the cruise 

No, it should be anyone who is staying in the Retreat. If sailing from the US there is a number to reach out to if you want to contact them specifically but everyone in the retreat should be sent a preference email eg pillow types etc. As we are not in the US I was. told at time of booking that ALL Retreat guests will be reached out to at 30 days sailing.

I just had an interesting email from Manchester Airport to say that they now offer quick turnaround RT PCR tests. It might be of interest to people travelling from the north of the UK. Reasonable prices too.