Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

1 hour ago, CambsCruiser82 said:

Just to add, I've had my email too! The company they are using is called Eurofins and the site isn't very helpful. Maybe they're very busy but the booking button isn't even working :D.

I might just go for the book your own and get a refund option.

We had the same issue.

I found if you clicked on one of the boxes above and then pressed tab it would eventually go down to the booking button.  Then press enter and it booked our tests.  That was the only way I could get it to work. 

Just now, Eglesbrech said:

Had a quick look at the site and presuming I have the correct company (as I don’t have a link from Celebrity as yet) they have a banner up saying.

**We have temporarily suspended sales of our COVID testing kits as we are out of stock. Please try again later.**

Its not kits, its booked appointments.

I haven't had my email yet as we're not sailing until 17 July but I've just been looking at Eurofins. It would be more convenient for us to go to a centre of our choice which is nearer for us and easy to park at, so if Celebrity let us choose our own centre we'll do that. But what is the difference between 'PCR Fit to Fly' testing and 'Standard PCR' testing? They're both the same price, does it matter which to book? And if we sail on a Saturday when should the test be done - Wednesday or Thursday?

I’ve had a quick look, we live Gloucestershire Forest of Dean, would this be correct, our closest place for PCR is coming up Southampton or Biddeford?? 120 miles to travel ?? Surely not. Maybe we’ve not worked the site correct ??

• Like 1

My wife and I are also booked on this cruise departing 3rd July. Received the testing instructions earlier and tried to book the appointments as you would normally on any other system. Try as I may, I just couldn't get the 'save the appointment ' button to work.

So, if it helps, those of you who, like me are having difficulty the trick is quite simple.

Select the location, select the date, select the time, then with the cursor arrow over the 'save the appointment' button , press your tab key and then press 'enter'

19 minutes ago, Caribean03 said:

I’ve had a quick look, we live Gloucestershire Forest of Dean, would this be correct, our closest place for PCR is coming up Southampton or Biddeford?? 120 miles to travel ?? Surely not. Maybe we’ve not worked the site correct ??

I am waiting with baited breath to see just how far away any testing centre is from me! 

Add to that the fact that some folks will need to take time off work to manage to get these tests in the narrow window and it all seems a bit cheeky, particularly as it was added as a requirement after most people on these early cruises had booked and paid in full. Other lines are not demanding this so it does not appear to be a legal requirement.

17 minutes ago, Caribean03 said:

Have you registered on the site from the link Celebrity sent? Without registering I did not have access to the locations and I could not find a list on the testing company website. The drop down menu you have access to when booking is very varied, and I am sure not always close to everyone, but 120 miles I agree is ridiculous. I would look it up for you, but now I have booked my test I cannot get back to the list.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mim Lloyd said:

I haven't had my email yet as we're not sailing until 17 July but I've just been looking at Eurofins. It would be more convenient for us to go to a centre of our choice which is nearer for us and easy to park at, so if Celebrity let us choose our own centre we'll do that. But what is the difference between 'PCR Fit to Fly' testing and 'Standard PCR' testing? They're both the same price, does it matter which to book? And if we sail on a Saturday when should the test be done - Wednesday or Thursday?

From other cruises it is within 72 hrs from your embarking time, not from the ship sailing time. So if  you are boarding at 2pm on Saturday it would be 2pm Wednesday onwards.

• Thanks 1

We are not sailing until 21st August and hopefully things may have changed by then.

Just for  your information Eurofins were a shambles organising PCR tests for football fans flying to Portugal for the recent Champions League final. Many were struggling to get results back on time and had to pay through the nose ( no pun intended) for alternative urgent tests to enable them to travel.

We certainly won’t be using them

1 hour ago, CambsCruiser82 said:

Celebrity have said on their twitter that, for example on the 3rd July cruise, you can take the test any time of day on the 30th and it will be fine. So I wouldn't worry too much about a specific time for the 30th.

I always worry with this kind of answer. It clearly states too early and will not be acceptable. The trouble is shoreside are not the same as head office. A few year’s ago we flew to USA to board with an esta. The checking in agent insisted on seeing an actual visa stamp in our passport. We explained that we had an esta and she was adamant she needed a stamp. Luckily another check in agent  stepped in and we were allowed to board. 

4 hours ago, Caribean03 said:

Hi Caribean03

Just managed to get an appointment for 01/07 at Aztec West, Bristol.

That is probably closer to you.

Unfortunately I can't  get back on to their list of locations (unless I cancel this one)

but I think that there are about 60 places to select.  Good luck.

Jeffess…..thank you for your reply, yes…that would be closer for us, not had the email yet so can’t book. We sail 31st July.

We tried to look up ourselves earlier, obviously didn’t navigate the site properly. Thanks again…that sounds more do able for us.

7 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

I think the Fit to Fly is the best bet as it covers Fit to travel, which I suspect is what Celebrity is after. I know when I checked with one company, they supply a different certificate. If you go on the website of the company you are looking at, they will probably say what the difference is between the two. The one I looked at charged more for their Fit to Fly certificate. Google may also help.

Again though, best to get confirmation from Celebrity. Their Twitter or FB people tend to respond relatively quickly.

Edited by downsmead
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, delondin said:

I always worry with this kind of answer. It clearly states too early and will not be acceptable. The trouble is shoreside are not the same as head office. A few year’s ago we flew to USA to board with an esta. The checking in agent insisted on seeing an actual visa stamp in our passport. We explained that we had an esta and she was adamant she needed a stamp. Luckily another check in agent  stepped in and we were allowed to board. 

We had exactly the same!!! Practically got accused of being illegal "aliens".

Hi Everyone,

after receiving my link from Celebrity yesterday, for 3rd July Cruise, inviting me to book a PCR test via their partner, I proceeded to register with them. When this was completed it went through to Trustone app page where the available test centres appeared with available appointments for either June 30th or July 1st. There was a fairly big choice of centres across the country but you would need to be lucky not to have to travel too far. I chose a centre near Heathrow and tried to book but was not very successful on my ipad, it would not complete the transaction, so decided to download the Trustone app to my phone and then signed in using registration details. I was then able to choose a centre and successfully make an appointment, it was a bit of a palaver all round. You will need to do each member of your party separately as each link enables one booking for that person.

You would probably be better to book your own near to you and claim the money back, which is the other alternative they give you. I hope that might helpful to someone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thameside said:

Hi Everyone,

after receiving my link from Celebrity yesterday, for 3rd July Cruise, inviting me to book a PCR test via their partner, I proceeded to register with them. When this was completed it went through to Trustone app page where the available test centres appeared with available appointments for either June 30th or July 1st. There was a fairly big choice of centres across the country but you would need to be lucky not to have to travel too far. I chose a centre near Heathrow and tried to book but was not very successful on my ipad, it would not complete the transaction, so decided to download the Trustone app to my phone and then signed in using registration details. I was then able to choose a centre and successfully make an appointment, it was a bit of a palaver all round. You will need to do each member of your party separately as each link enables one booking for that person.

You would probably be better to book your own near to you and claim the money back, which is the other alternative they give you. I hope that might helpful to someone.

So does it solve the query of whether it is 72 hours before boarding or sailing time, by giving you the choice of only acceptable times? 

On 6/16/2021 at 7:26 PM, Mim Lloyd said:

Thanks for the tip. I tweeted them earlier and just got a reply back. They say all passengers must have officially issued photo ID which means a passport for children.  Bit mad really as the 3 year old had his passport issued when he was 3 weeks old to go on holiday 3 weeks later. So his photo is of a new born baby and he looks nothing like that now!

Just for clarity, in case anyone is confused, its "All guests must have a passport that is valid for 6 months following the end date of the cruise or a valid UK Driving License".

No help for children as you have said, but the Driving License option may help someone.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, delondin said:

Where during online check in do I find the bit you tick regarding celebrity not doing the exchange rate on the credit card. Thanks 

It comes up automatically on screen once you add a credit card number.

16 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It comes up automatically on screen once you add a credit card number.

I couldn’t see it. I added it on the app. So I went back on computer but even if I edit card I can’t see that box 

4 minutes ago, delondin said:

I couldn’t see it. I added it on the app. So I went back on computer but even if I edit card I can’t see that box 

I did it in a desk top and it came up just below the card details as a tick box option. If I remember correctly you have to click to opt in to them doing it which we did not, we are leaving it to our bank instead.

Perhaps others can’t confirm if that is indeed the case.

21 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

The free included WiFi ... is it per passenger or per cabin?

This is from the Always Included info:

We know staying in touch is important, so we’ve included internet access for all guests. Browse the web, check email, and use messaging apps.

• Thanks 1