Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

22 minutes ago, Julie Jean said:

We’re in the same situation - can’t get through to Celebrity on the phone. Eurofins won’t let us book advance tests for under 18s. Seems like they haven’t been communicating with Celebrity. We’ve also had two slightly different and contradictory emails from Celebrity about the new testing requirements but no detail on how to book them

Celebrity will help. Direct message them via Facebook or Twitter if needed 

25 minutes ago, Julie Jean said:

Also had no reply to DMs -  the issue is that it looks like 3 tests are required. May be able to combine one with ours (although there are no available slots now), a second the day before and a third at the terminal. But that’s just how I read a rather confusing email

Yes 3 tests required. 

Jack is pretty good if on duty on social media. I am sure he will reply., 

• Like 1

Question for UK travellers re mobile phones.  Does your mobile connect to UK data allowance / mobile phone signal whilst on board or are we too far away from shore when at sea ?  I do have WiFi on board but was just wondering about phone signals.  I have been robbed too many times …… 😁

From memory you will be using cellular at sea when away from land based aerials.... and you will be robbed. I will turn my phone onto wifi and turn off roaming. Think we will be able to manage with ship wifi and accessing 3G/4G in port for a week. Should be nice to escape.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=1752

2 hours ago, Julie Jean said:

Also had no reply to DMs -  the issue is that it looks like 3 tests are required. May be able to combine one with ours (although there are no available slots now), a second the day before and a third at the terminal. But that’s just how I read a rather confusing email

I don’t think it is very clear, but from the emails I have seen posted it reads to me that under 18’s have a pcr 72 hours like the vaccinated adults, then they have an antigen test at the terminal then another antigen test on the ship before disembarking. That was my understanding of the 3 stage process. 

5 hours ago, isdoo said:

I would never do that the same day. 

For us, our holiday always starts when we walk out of the front door. Not when we are on the ship or at the hotel in another country. 

So for our cruise we actually have 2 nights in Southampton, although normally it would be just the one. And we only have a 2 hour drive! 

Thank you for your reply, very helpful for me. 

6 hours ago, Yorkshirebell said:

Question for UK travellers re mobile phones.  Does your mobile connect to UK data allowance / mobile phone signal whilst on board or are we too far away from shore when at sea ?  I do have WiFi on board but was just wondering about phone signals.  I have been robbed too many times …… 😁

Depends upon your provider. I am with Vodafone who doesn't support data at sea on regular contracts. 

Therefore I leave my phone on as normal. 

If yours charges for data turn the data off 

Calls in and out will cost you £1.50 or so per minute. Again check. 

I will have my phone on silent and not answer any calls unless urgent. I will however WhatsApp anytime calling or text via the computer to avoid costs. Then pick up voicemail in port. 

I have already set up an auto responder on my email as well. 

Hope that helps. 

9 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Put your phone on Airplane mode.

Cellular at sea kicks in pretty quickly after leaving port.

Other option dependent on provider is to implement £0 spend cap. 

Could anyone advise where I could find (link or website) the Eurofin PCR testing location list , specifically the midlands.  I'm booked on the 28th August sailing so obviously have not received notification yet from Celebrity but interested to know . Thanks in advance.

46 minutes ago, pwoodall12 said:

Could anyone advise where I could find (link or website) the Eurofin PCR testing location list , specifically the midlands.  I'm booked on the 28th August sailing so obviously have not received notification yet from Celebrity but interested to know . Thanks in advance.

The lists that have been shared are old and new locations have been opened up. 

Also no guarantee that the published ones are still operating. 

We're on 14 Aug and we're given 3 options.  I can only recall 2 though:

Birmingham Airport - Birmingham Business Park, Birmingham Business Park, 2010 The Crescent, Solihull Pkwy, B37 7YS (we have booked this one to save going into the city centre. 2 slots offered at varying times).

Birmingham City Centre, think it is in the Burlington Hotel. 

You should get the email in a couple of weeks and just punch in your locality and the options will pop up. 

Our email arrived Sun 25 Jul (15:40) for 14 Aug sailing. 

Edited by Lynnewob

1 hour ago, pwoodall12 said:

West Midlands:

Solihull My Travel PA

Birmingham MacDonald Burlington Hotel

Birminham Business Park

Just seen this on the P&O board:

“𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼-𝗮𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱

P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: We are absolutely delighted with today’s announcement from the UK Government that international cruising can resume from the UK.”

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: We are absolutely delighted with today’s announcement from the UK Government that international cruising can resume from the UK.”

Do you think this means the as yet uncancelled September and October Canary Island cruises will run?

We are on the 14th August sailing, can we now leave the ship independently or do we still have to use the Celebrity excursions?

How much longer do we leave it before they sell out?, ideally we want to go ashore on our own.

Mklions.

Just now, mklions said:

We are on the 14th August sailing, can we now leave the ship independently or do we still have to use the Celebrity excursions?

How much longer do we leave it before they sell out?, ideally we want to go ashore on our own.

Mklions.

Currently tours only. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Do you think this means the as yet uncancelled September and October Canary Island cruises will run?

🤞We are on the 18/10 Canary one having cancelled a Caribbean one (another cruise line) in November.

54 minutes ago, mklions said:

Mklions.

You can book them now, you can cancel later if things change.  I think t is 48 hours before.

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Do people think this will mean X will fully load the ships now for the UK cruises?