CDC Significantly Relaxes Cruise Rules for Vaccinated Passengers

coffeebean

3 hours ago, cscurlock said:

Yeah that persons view is the extreme.  I mean some people can't even get vaccinated because of medical reasons.  What are these people lepers?  I do believe the cruise lines should provide choice and allow cruisers to choose the vaccinated vs unvaccinated cruising.  That way people can pick what they want.  It seems like some cruise lines will have the unvaccinated cruising.  As long as Florida law doesn't impact anything which I don't think it will,  I believe everyone will be happy picking what they want to do.

Spot on! Great post that makes sense.

8 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Until we are completely through with Covid the only common sense way for cruise lines to resume safe cruising is for both employees and cruisers to be fully vaccinated.  No exceptions.  If you do not want to get the shots wait till the pandemic is over.   

We will never be completely through with Covid the pandemic will never be over.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

We will never be completely through with Covid the pandemic will never be over.

Sad to say but you may be right.  We have a surplus of amazing vaccine available to anyone in our country that wants protection from covid.  In some parts of the country you even have a chance to win a million dollars just by being willing to get  vaccinated.  But we also have a plethora of opinion heads and conspiracy theorists that are making it hard to get enough vaccinated to expedite herd immunity.

Couple this with the fact that the majority of the world is not nearly as fortunate as we are in terms of having access to a covid vaccine.  It may take years to get enough of the 7.9 billion on our planet vaccinated to reach  world herd immunity.  In the meantime the coronavius is churning,  replicating itself, new variants are emerging, and for now anyway there appears to be no end in sight.

Until then,  for me anyway,  I will find my experience on a cruise ship much more relaxing,  knowing that everyone aboard, including crew members, are fully vaccinated.  

• Like 6

That segregation comment is extreme. People have their reasons for not getting vaccinated for covid like other vaccines, It really isn't a new phenomenon, just more visible now due to covid. While I disagree with many of the reasons that fall on the conspiracy side, everyone has a right to do what they want. So does NCL and the cruise lines. If they require vaccinations, so be it. All these cruise lines are itching to make a profit again, and no one wants to be the cruise line who has another outbreak that suits down the industry again. I personally will only travel on a fully or 95% vaccinated ship, but that is my choice. We all have a right to make them, both the individual and company.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, winterbliss said:

I'm guessing my little anecdotal example of the yoga lady wasn't relatable with you. Actually, your sentiment is very common right now. We speak in absolute anonymity on these boards but whoever you are, perhaps at some point you'll see things differently and.....perhaps you won't. 

I doubt my view will change.  Why would I want to be around people that make poor choices about their health....and that put me at greater risk of catching COVID?  It's common sense plain and simple.

I don't know who you are either but perhaps at some point you will see things differently regarding the vaccine.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MichiganBound said:

I doubt my view will change.  Why would I want to be around people that make poor choices about their health....and that put me at greater risk of catching COVID?  It's common sense plain and simple.

Couldn’t agree more. You’re part of the solution or the problem. If the latter I’d very much chose to not spend my vacation around you. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, winterbliss said:

This appears to be really important.  I'm befuddled as to how it hasn't come into my view until today. For anyone struggling with the should I or shouldn't I, is it worth printing off and discussing the contents with someone you trust? I doubt many doctors have even seen it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645850/ Informed consent disclosure to vaccine trial subjects of risk of COVID-19 vaccines worsening clinical disease

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ijcp.13795  May find this version easier to read

Another article of interest in general, and in particular to some cancer patients, it might be of benefit to read https://www.medpagetoday.com/radiology/diagnosticradiology/92800 Lymph Node Findings on PET: Post-jab radiotracer uptake could prompt unnecessary biopsies....

Look, I know this is a cruise board, but if there is one person on here that this can be helpful for, so be it!! Hopefully, happy cruising to you all and perhaps we will be back on these boards next year this time discussing all the beautiful ships and wonderful places we've been. Adios....

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33113270/

Your links didn't work for me.  Hopefully this one does.

I agree- the information is important, even if it's just to better understand hesitancy.

Informed consent SHOULD inform

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

The pandemic can be brought to its knees if more people decide to get vaccinated.

There is a contingency of people that seem to be fearful of the vaccine. These people mostly reside in the south and less inhabited areas of our country. These people have been found to be less educated than folks that have chosen to get vaccinated. 

Generally (I’m NOT saying all) their fear exists mostly due to either misinformation, conspiracy theories or simply lack of knowledge about the vaccines. 

All the lotteries and freebies probably won’t sway these people. They have a genuine fear of the vaccine. 

This kind of generalization is insulting.

Many well informed people from all over the country/world choose not to get it. There are facts, not conspiracy theories and misinformation, that lead people to different decisions.

It's not up to any of us to decide what risk level is acceptable for other people.

Obviously it needs to be said again-----

Vaccination is not the only path to immunity

• Like 5

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

All the lotteries and freebies probably won’t sway these people. They have a genuine fear of the vaccine. 

I've spent a lot of time debating the anti-vaxxers and it's MHO that many have a fear the vaccine because they are fearful of the government.

43 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Many well informed people from all over the country/world choose not to get it. There are facts, not conspiracy theories and misinformation, that lead people to different decisions.

We know all about those "alternate facts".  Even Sean Spicer gave up trying to defend those.

Meanwhile, keep the un-vaccinated off my cruise ships.  I wish the authorities could keep them off my flights and out of my hotels/restaurants as well. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MichiganBound said:

We know all about those "alternate facts".  Even Sean Spicer gave up trying to defend those.

Meanwhile, keep the un-vaccinated off my cruise ships.  I wish the authorities could keep them off my flights and out of my hotels/restaurants as well. 

What year is it where you are?

Facts are facts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

True, one can choose to get the virus instead of the vaccine.  

Most thoughtful people would think the vaccine is the better and safer path.

What about the 33+ million people that have already had it? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeTec said:

What about the 33+ million people that have already had it? 

The recommendation is that people that have had COVID-19 should still get vaccinated.   There are guidelines on how long they should wait between recovery from COVID and getting the vaccine. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

This kind of generalization is insulting.

It's not up to any of us to decide what risk level is acceptable for other people.

Obviously it needs to be said again-----

Vaccination is not the only path to immunity

I said "a contingency of people", NOT all people who refuse the vaccine; therefore no generalization was made. Are you not aware of that "contingency of people"? They have been addressed a few times in the MSM. If you don't use MSM as your news source, maybe that is why you are unaware of this contingency of people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I've spent a lot of time debating the anti-vaxxers and it's MHO that many have a fear the vaccine because they are fearful of the government.

Sounds like the Clampetts. Not very bright.

On 5/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, JamesIowa said:

Couldn’t agree more. You’re part of the solution or the problem. If the latter I’d very much chose to not spend my vacation around you. 

DeSantis is correct. We have developed two classes of citizens. It will be a long time before we look at anyone and wonder......"vaccinated or un-vaccinated?" Just like....... does she or doesn't she? Remember that? If you don't, take a look at this........

Does she or doesn't she?

Edited by coffeebean

3 hours ago, MichiganBound said:

ROTFLMAO!!!!

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

DeSantis is correct. We have developed two classes of citizens. It will be a long time before we look at anyone and wonder......"vaccinated or un-vaccinated?" Just like....... does she or doesn't she? Remember that? If you don't, take a look at this........

Does she or doesn't she?

I was going to reply to this but I just deleted everything and have a good night 😄

7 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I was going to reply to this but I just deleted everything and have a good night 😄

You’re not alone. I’ve done the same thing more times than I can count. My posts contain words that wind up looking like asterisks. Then I delete them and I feel better just having written my thoughts down. I imagine many people do the same thing. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, MichiganBound said:

I think we should keep all Michiganders off airplanes and out of restaurants; just as arbitrary.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coffeebean said:

DeSantis is correct. We have developed two classes of citizens. It will be a long time before we look at anyone and wonder......"vaccinated or un-vaccinated?" Just like....... does she or doesn't she? Remember that? If you don't, take a look at this.......

No, DeSantis is wrong.  His formulation assumes we're forcing people into one class or the other.  Both those groups of citizens chose their class.  One chose to get the vaccine and the other didn't choose wisely.

• Like 10

On 5/28/2021 at 10:00 PM, seemoreroyals said:

Until we are completely through with Covid the only common sense way for cruise lines to resume safe cruising is for both employees and cruisers to be fully vaccinated.  No exceptions.  If you do not want to get the shots wait till the pandemic is over.   

It is never going away completely. You do realize this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aquasea said:

It is never going away completely. You do realize this?

Dr. Fauci:  "... we say when you get vaccinated, you not only protect your own health, that of the family, but also you contribute to the community health by preventing the spread of the virus throughout the community. And in other words, you become a dead end to the virus. And when there are a lot of dead ends around, the virus is not going to go anywhere. And that's when you get a point that you have a markedly diminished rate of infection in the community. And that's exactly the reason…of why we encourage people and want people to get vaccinated. The more people you get vaccinated, the safer the entire community is."

That's pretty much the equivalent of "going away completely".

• Like 4