CDC Significantly Relaxes Cruise Rules for Vaccinated Passengers

coffeebean

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Dr. Fauci:  "... we say when you get vaccinated, you not only protect your own health, that of the family, but also you contribute to the community health by preventing the spread of the virus throughout the community. And in other words, you become a dead end to the virus. And when there are a lot of dead ends around, the virus is not going to go anywhere. And that's when you get a point that you have a markedly diminished rate of infection in the community. And that's exactly the reason…of why we encourage people and want people to get vaccinated. The more people you get vaccinated, the safer the entire community is."

That's pretty much the equivalent of "going away completely".

LOL, Fauci, that is funny.One word.  EMAILS.  His days are NUMBERED.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, aquasea said:

It is never going away completely. You do realize this?

According to who?  All I can say is those that make a choice not to get vaccinated against Covid are not helping.  What is the better alternative?  Should we have done nothing and try to achieve natural herd immunity?  On what are you basing your opinion?

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 5:40 AM, jcu1210 said:

That segregation comment is extreme. People have their reasons for not getting vaccinated for covid like other vaccines, It really isn't a new phenomenon, just more visible now due to covid. While I disagree with many of the reasons that fall on the conspiracy side, everyone has a right to do what they want. So does NCL and the cruise lines. If they require vaccinations, so be it. All these cruise lines are itching to make a profit again, and no one wants to be the cruise line who has another outbreak that suits down the industry again. I personally will only travel on a fully or 95% vaccinated ship, but that is my choice. We all have a right to make them, both the individual and company.

People should be free to choose, and we'll all hope they don't get sick.

The difference on a cruise is that passengers with symptomatic COVID-19 might get the entire ship quarantined for two weeks. Even though I am fully vaccinated and would not get a serious case of COVID-19, the anti-vax or vax hesitant person CAN cause me hardship.

So I'm with you; I'll only cruise with a "all eligible passengers must be vaccinated" rule or until we've had a few months of sailings without a single quarantine taking place on any cruise ship.

• Like 9

My family all got Covid in December. My daughter was recently tested for antibodies and they are still present. We choose not to get the Covid vaccine because we have already caught it. The millions that have caught and beaten the virus naturally need to be counted towards this "magical herd immunity" 

As far as unvaccinated on cruises have you flown recently? Just spent 3 hours on a plane. You are required to wear a mask for your safety but if you eat a snack the entire flight you are somehow magically protected from Covid. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2021 at 12:05 PM, RocketMan275 said:

No, DeSantis is wrong.  His formulation assumes we're forcing people into one class or the other.  Both those groups of citizens chose their class.  One chose to get the vaccine and the other didn't choose wisely.

I agree with you. You are absolutely correct.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 4:25 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Dr. Fauci:  "... we say when you get vaccinated, you not only protect your own health, that of the family, but also you contribute to the community health by preventing the spread of the virus throughout the community. And in other words, you become a dead end to the virus. And when there are a lot of dead ends around, the virus is not going to go anywhere. And that's when you get a point that you have a markedly diminished rate of infection in the community. And that's exactly the reason…of why we encourage people and want people to get vaccinated. The more people you get vaccinated, the safer the entire community is."

That's pretty much the equivalent of "going away completely".

This can also be accomplished through recovery.  To say that people know for sure that recovery immunity is short lived is hype for the vaccine, no one knows for sure.  I am vaccinated, but know several people that have had bad reactions to it.  My father in law, 78, had covid and recovered.  He then later got the vaccine and it landed him in the ER with a high grade fever that lasted days.  The vaccine is not for everybody.

I agreed with the vaccine rush 2 months ago to get this under control.  But now I think we need to incorporate common sense.  Florida has for all intents and purposes declared the virus over, and we are only 50% vaccinated.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KennyFla said:

This can also be accomplished through recovery.  To say that people know for sure that recovery immunity is short lived is hype for the vaccine, no one knows for sure.  I am vaccinated, but know several people that have had bad reactions to it.  My father in law, 78, had covid and recovered.  He then later got the vaccine and it landed him in the ER with a high grade fever that lasted days.  The vaccine is not for everybody.

I agreed with the vaccine rush 2 months ago to get this under control.  But now I think we need to incorporate common sense.  Florida has for all intents and purposes declared the virus over, and we are only 50% vaccinated.

Despite what desantis wants people to believe covid pandemic is far from over.  I agree with you we need to all use common sense in dealing with the continued threat of covid.  In other words continue to wash hands and wear masks when it makes sense and get vaccinated if you have not already done so.   Unless you have consulted with your family doctor and he or she advises against it. 

Expanding common sense further it does not make sense to go on a cruise unless that cruise line requires all employees and passengers to be fully vaccinated IMO.  Allowing the unvaxed aboard cruise ships at a time when covid is still spreading,  mutating, infecting and killing people,  makes no sense to me.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

Despite what desantis wants people to believe covid pandemic is far from over.  I agree with you we need to all use common sense in dealing with the continued threat of covid.  In other words continue to wash hands and wear masks when it makes sense and get vaccinated if you have not already done so.   Unless you have consulted with your family doctor and he or she advises against it. 

Expanding common sense further it does not make sense to go on a cruise unless that cruise line requires all employees and passengers to be fully vaccinated IMO.  Allowing the unvaxed aboard cruise ships at a time when covid is still spreading,  mutating, infecting and killing people,  makes no sense to me.

sunscreen.thumb.png.c015b5c301867876e29d9b007e18e756.png

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, KennyFla said:

Agreed, it's not for everybody but many are just contriving excuses not to get the vaccine.

I've seen recent results that show comparable immunity from the vaccine and from immunity acquired from catching the virus.  Your FIL's experience is unfortunate and I expect there will be better guidance not recommending that those recovering from COVID do not need the vaccines. 

That said, in the vast majority of cases, the vaccines provide a safer and simpler route to immunity.  While I know many who have received the vaccines, I know of no one who experienced a reaction more serious than one might receive from a flu shot.

One needs to remember that all medicines have side effects.  Just watch your typical drug commercial on TV when it lists the possible side effects.  Are we too reject the good these drugs accomplish because they have some rare side effects?

6 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

One needs to remember that all medicines have side effects.

Perhaps that should read "all medicines have potential side effects."

I had both shots of the pfizer vaccine and had ZERO side effects.  My arm wasn't even sore.  I believe that some people do have legitimate side effects from the vaccine.  I also believe that some people just make up crap.

• Like 4

On 5/28/2021 at 10:42 PM, cscurlock said:

Yeah that persons view is the extreme.  I mean some people can't even get vaccinated because of medical reasons.  What are these people lepers?  I do believe the cruise lines should provide choice and allow cruisers to choose the vaccinated vs unvaccinated cruising.  That way people can pick what they want.  It seems like some cruise lines will have the unvaccinated cruising.  As long as Florida law doesn't impact anything which I don't think it will,  I believe everyone will be happy picking what they want to do.

ha ha. If I was unvaccinated I would choose the vaccinated cruise out of Florida. I can't be asked about my vaccination record and my chance of contracting Covid would be slim to none unless of course it winds up being a ship full of people with the same thought process. What a mess. I will cruise with unvaccinated because I trust my vaccination. My husband gave blood and has antibodies produced by the vaccine so I am going to assume I most likely also have antibodies to fight the virus. On the same token I won't be getting too close to others who may or may not be vaccinated.