Cruise gift 🎁

rtdiva

Thanks RU crazy,

While I’m trying to spend our kids inheritance,  losing a year of cruising saved us money. A granddaughter has just married, a grandson has graduated, cruising to the Caribbean is on sale! 
Yea! 
Ann

• Like 4

Ann you could just email me directly lol !  Free cruise gift is so generous of you. (Just teasing people)

Be aware that if you get them a gift card, if the cruise were to be cancelled, their monies would be returned to another gift card.   Also, just recently they had a promotion, which has since expired, that for every $1000 giftcard you would be gifted a BONUS $100 giftcard.   I personally think that promotion will come back...... but who knows.

Have an awesome weekend!

• Like 1

I'd also agree with gift card but maybe as a hybrid gift. If you like the current pricing or sale on a particular cruise or maybe one you want to join them on, you could purchase a deposit on a cruise and gift card the remaining balance in case their plans don't fit your suggested cruise. 

4 hours ago, rtdiva said:

How do I give a gift of a cruise?

Should I contact my TA or go directly to the cruise line?

ann

Is it supposed to be a surprise gift?  I gifted a cruise to my SIL last year but I found the cruise and booked it through my TA.  I picked out the stateroom and I had to make sure that her and her daughter's passports were in order.  Another wrinkle was making sure my niece could take that time off from work.  I also found that booking their cruise on one I was booked on worked very well for all of us.