Fake vaccine cards

4 minutes ago, cured said:

India, Brazil, and Peru get CARES Act funding? Wow, didn't realize all their excess deaths are also faked. How do you explain their way over normal deaths, so high they are resorting to mass graves and cremation.  Oh wait, they are causing excess deaths and claiming they are all covid for the CARES Act funding.

Nobody seems to want to explain what is happening in the rest of the world. That is conveniently ignored so the alt-right group think of bad government, this is a scam, covid is not real, it is over reaction, can perpetuate.

Would love to have you in the discussion by it seems there is a lot you have to catch up on first.

I don't recall anyone claming deaths were faked so please review the rest of the thread so we can discuss the relevant stats, dimensions and policy changes.

We are all (I should hope) well aware of what's happening globally, but fradulent vax cards are mostly relevant to the United States and cruises originating here or near by.

25 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Oh, you make me laugh.  A typo....I must be a Russian agent....ayayay!  Sure, I can believe you grew up in BH.

I described the primary reason why it's just dumb.  No business is going to risk a revenue opportunity over this voluntary scheme.  Especially when non-residents, like people from Europe and other distant lands like NJ and CT, can't use it.

Can you explain how this is such a brilliant, groundbreaking, tip-of-the-spear system and why we should expect the entire global community to be deploying it next week?  Even California isn't trying this and you can bet Google or Facebook offered to do it for free (and totally not to benefit themselves).

I guess there is no sense looking into anything new to resolve a very important problem.

Maybe you or others can come up with something that would fit in and be compatible with fairly well established programs all around the world.

The last I heard I.B.M. in Armonk is pretty good at just that, going back to the 40's when my uncle travelled the world for them as a troubleshooter through Europe.

And what does BROOKLYN have to do with anything ?

OH WELL, guess there's nothing to do since even an attempt to resolve the problem get's an instant stigmata at the very mention of I.B.M. or New York.

You can continue the discussion with yourself as any other opinions or ideas are dumb.

Have a great day.

Edited by boscobeans

15 minutes ago, cured said:

India, Brazil, and Peru get CARES Act funding? Wow, didn't realize all their excess deaths are also faked. How do you explain their way over normal deaths, so high they are resorting to mass graves and cremation.  Oh wait, they are causing excess deaths and claiming they are all covid for the CARES Act funding.

Nobody seems to want to explain what is happening in the rest of the world. That is conveniently ignored so the alt-right group think of bad government, this is a scam, covid is not real, it is over reaction, can perpetuate.

Yes let's shut down cruising until covid is gone worldwide, it's the only way!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, broberts said:

Ah, I must of missed something. I agree, fake documentation should not be a concern of other passengers. 

I respectfully disagree. When a cruise is advertised as 100% vaccinated crew and passengers, the cruise probably will not require the safety protocols of a cruise with un-vaccinated passengers and crew that does not meet the 95/98% requirements. 

Given this scenario of advertised 100% vaccinated  crew and passengers, those people who boarded the ship with fake vaccination documentation, puts everyone on board who is not vaccinated and to a much lesser degree, all the vaccinated population, at risk. 

Not to mention the damage that will be caused to the cruise industry as a whole if it were to be reported that un-vaccinated people boarded a ship using forged vaccination documentation and then caused a Covid outbreak on board. What a field day the media will have with that., not to mention what the CDC may have to implement. 

5 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I guess there is no sense looking into anything new to resolve a very important problem.

Maybe you or others can come up with something that would fit in and be compatible with fairly well established programs all around the world.

And there we have it, it's just not an "important problem".  Because not enough people care about the outcome.  You can fret about that all you want, but it won't change anything.

If you want to patronize exclusively Excelsior Pass establishments, that's your choice.  But I would be shocked if you actually found one, outside Brooklyn or the Upper West Side. :)

Our parks are open and mostly mask free all on the honor system and people are just fine with that.  So if Super Virtue Coffee wants to build a virtual wall you need a passport to get through (hmm....yeah, about that...) fine, but the Starbucks in Port of Entry will still server more guests in a day no mask, no proof.

And, just to keep you up on things, IATA is working on a GDS integrated verification system to support visa/entry requirements.  But realistically, this isn't much more than what's already happening through APIS and similar schemes.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Would love to have you in the discussion by it seems there is a lot you have to catch up on first.

I don't recall anyone claming deaths were faked so please review the rest of the thread so we can discuss the relevant stats, dimensions and policy changes.

We are all (I should hope) well aware of what's happening globally, but fradulent vax cards are mostly relevant to the United States and cruises originating here or near by.

Can't answer the question, huh? 

Excuse me, but you are the one who went off on a tangent that covid deaths are inflated due to the profitability of the Cares Act.

What does that have to do with vaccine passports?

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes let's shut down cruising until covid is gone worldwide, it's the only way!

Who has suggested that? 

Having a vaxxed cruise ship would not be affected by what is happening in the world; no serious covid, no mask requirements, back to normal. Everyone vaccinated, no high viral load to pass it around, no chance of the cruise being shortened or missing ports due to a covid outbreak.

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I respectfully disagree. When a cruise is advertised as 100% vaccinated crew and passengers, the cruise probably will not require the safety protocols of a cruise with un-vaccinated passengers and crew that does not meet the 95/98% requirements. 

Given this scenario of advertised 100% vaccinated  crew and passengers, those people who boarded the ship with fake vaccination documentation, puts everyone on board who is not vaccinated and to a much lesser degree, all the vaccinated population, at risk. 

Not to mention the damage that will be caused to the cruise industry as a whole if it were to be reported that un-vaccinated people boarded a ship using forged vaccination documentation and then caused a Covid outbreak on board. What a field day the media will have with that., not to mention what the CDC may have to implement. 

So in a world where we've heard herd immunity is 60-80% vaccinated, you're quibbling over the difference between 95 and 100%?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cured said:

Can't answer the question, huh? 

Excuse me, but you are the one who went off on a tangent that covid deaths are inflated due to the profitability of the Cares Act.

What does that have to do with vaccine passports?

You didn't ask a question.  Well, sure, it was a side chat about recording outcomes...side chats happen all the time...and?  As for tangents...like India or Peru?  I'm not aware of any cruise lines working to embarke passengers there.

If you ask a question, I will answer it.

14 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Interesting point.  I would expect the cruise lines to change their messaging on this for liability reasons.

I think Royal was the only one to really advertise 'Fully Vax'd Cruise' with Odyseey but now that's scrubbed.

A more deflective branding, like "CDC Approved" works for the easily fooled and is substantially meaningless.

This includes the thread topic of vax cards.  The CDC guidelines for this are...flexible shall we say.

Edited by boatseller

19 hours ago, jean87510 said:

where exactly do you want to show your vaccine card?  In a supermarket with 18 year olds who could care less that you are?  I have been vaccinated for months and my card is locked in my safe with other things like my passport and birth certificate.  I have no idea why anyone would want to go about their day waving a vaccine card to show that they are vaccinated.  Do people carry their positive covid test to show they have antibodies?  I live in a state that was hit the hardest by covid and opened up last weekend to no masks for vaccinated people.  No one at the gym, the stores, the doctor offices asks me to show my vaccine card.  I did my part months ago with work and with getting vaccinated.  I would personally love to move on.  I feel no need to walk around with a vaccine card.  No one cares.

The ONLY venue I want to enter that requires proof of vaccination is a cruise  ship. I will cruise only on 100% vaccinated ships. From what I’m reading on these cruise forums, I’m not alone with this stance.  

I would also like to see airline travel request proof of vaccination but that is only to have the ability to fly with no mask mandate. I’m afraid that will never happen for domestic travel, however. 

Cruise lines are a MUST however, IMHO. All other venues that are on land I feel perfectly safe to attend as I have free will to be able to exit that venue if and when I ever feel my safety is compromised. For example….being seated next to someone who is coughing up a storm and has no idea how to cover their nose and mouth.  There are clueless people out there!!!

Hope I have made my stance perfectly clear. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cured said:

Who has suggested that? 

Having a vaxxed cruise ship would not be affected by what is happening in the world; no serious covid, no mask requirements, back to normal. Everyone vaccinated, no high viral load to pass it around, no chance of the cruise being shortened or missing ports due to a covid outbreak.

There's unfortunately some assumption that if there's no vaccine mandate that there won't be very many on board w/a vaccine.  I'd venture a guess there's still be a very high number of people on board with a vaccine no matter the rules. And likely more than enough to qualify for the mystical herd immunity.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jean87510 said:

where exactly do you want to show your vaccine card?  In a supermarket with 18 year olds who could care less that you are?  I have been vaccinated for months and my card is locked in my safe with other things like my passport and birth certificate.  I have no idea why anyone would want to go about their day waving a vaccine card to show that they are vaccinated.  Do people carry their positive covid test to show they have antibodies?  I live in a state that was hit the hardest by covid and opened up last weekend to no masks for vaccinated people.  No one at the gym, the stores, the doctor offices asks me to show my vaccine card.  I did my part months ago with work and with getting vaccinated.  I would personally love to move on.  I feel no need to walk around with a vaccine card.  No one cares.

I don’t keep my vaccine card with me either but I do have a photo of it on my phone. I keep my vaccine card in my passport so I will always have the original card with me when I travel, domestically or internationally. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, exm said:

Moot point. Vaccinated people will most likely not even noticed it. If they do get sick, it will be cold-like symptoms. It's time to move on from this pandemic.

For the record,  the Swine flu, also known as the H1N1 virus, is still with us. Does anyone care?

Yes there breakthrough infections for fully vaccinated people. The percentage is so low that it is essentially a non issue. How does 0.009% sound?  Yup……it is THAT low. 

19 hours ago, jtwind said:

I want this to be true.  Can you cite a reference?

I’m on my iPhone right now and I’m not very good with copy and paste on this device. Just Google “COVID breakthrough infection is 0.009%” and you will see some articles that list that data. 

Edited by coffeebean

From the Fauci e-mails. Apparently at least one person communicated to Fauci about the right way to handle Covid-19:

On Mar 14, 2020 , at 12: 19 PM, Mike Bett s (b)(6)>w rote: -------

I wanted to convey an idea I had with regard to the coronavirus. It seems to me that trying to contain the virus as we are doing at present will be futile. Since the virus can be present for many days without a person having any symptoms, you would literally need to test everyone at the same time to determine who has it--an impossible task .

I have a different thought. We know that the virus is especially dangerous for the old and/or immunosuppressed. IMO we should be focusing all of our efforts on keeping that group from becoming infected. To do so that group should be encouraged to self-isolate, to limit their social interactions and other groups should be instructed to avoid them. Sort of a reverse-quarantine idea. All testing would be done within those groups and all groups would also be encouraged to continue with the hygienic suggestions they've already received .

The problem right now is that the media has created a panic. Last night my wife and I went to the local Whole Foods and many of the shelves were empty and healthy younger people were wearing masks .

The message is not getting out that the virus is almost solely dangerous to the elderly and immunosuppressed. [Why aren't the demographics being released? That in itself could calm many people.] With my suggestion, exposures to them would be diminished, significantly reducing the number of deaths, as well as NIH-000624 the potential impact on hospitals. Any person outside of that group that was severely affected could be identified and treated. Quarantining otherwise healthy people outside of those groups who finally demonstrate symptoms--like the NBA players--is ridiculous. They are likely to get the sniffles and have also already spread the virus. As long as they're not spreading it to the endangered group we should not worry about it.

In sum, we need to isolate the vulnerable and realize that the mortality rate for people outside of that group is likely lower than the flu. Of course, while this occurs we are working on finding treatments and vaccines. But sending home workers who have next to no likelihood of being significantly impacted by this virus is ridiculous. The virus hits hardest the old and infirm, two groups that are most likely NOT to even be in the workforce!

To me, this solution is a lot simpler than what is being tried right now and is much more likely of success. To everyone besides the endangered group this virus is literally less dangerous than the flu. There is no reason that anyone outside of the endangered group should have any concern at all and we need to make that clear. Please let me know what you think.

Sincerely ,

Michael Betts

To which Fauci replied:

Sent: t, 14 Mar 2020 13:15:38 -0400

To: (b)(6) Sa Mike Betts Subject:

Re: Coronavirus response

Thank you for your note.

A.S. Fauci

Sent from my iPhone

So in mid March 2020 Fauci was given the correct way to handle Covid-19 but he chose a complete different path. 

and some of you keep worshipping this clown

Edited by NightOne
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I don’t keep my vaccine card with me either but I do have a photo of it on my phone. I keep my vaccine card in my passport so I will always have the original card with me when I travel, domestically or internationally. 

I have my vaccine status uploaded into my CLEAR app.  https://www.clearme.com/healthpass

18 hours ago, cured said:

Fain flat out said in his video a couple of weeks ago that because RCL was a family cruise line, there was the possibility that the amount of unvaccinated children under 12 will skew the numbers and they might not be able to meet the 95%. He went further and said that the ship, because of children, may be sailing at 93% or 94%. But 93% and 94% requires test cruises. So they are doing test cruises so they can accomodate unvaccinated children under 12.

To further read between the lines, he also said that they will allow medical and legitimate religious exemptions for adults, but then clarified to not worry, they would be careful not exceed the 95%. Why would he emphasize the 95% vaccinated if Royal Caribbean was not going to enforce it?

That said, things are in a constant state of flux and could change at any minute. I noticed that the FAQ question "Will I need a vaccination to cruise" used to say "For all US and Bahamian Ports" has now been amended to only include Seattle and the Bahamas.

So, who knows if vaccines will be required.  By a business perspective, they would be crazy not to require vaccines.  Their own survey showed that 85% of their customers would prefer a vaccinated cruise.  It would be a poor business decision to alienate 85% of their customers for the 15% of those scared of a vaccine.  And for most people, it is not because they are afraid of catching anything from the unvaxxed. It is because of the safety measures that would have to be included (masking) with a certain percentage of unvaxxed or the possibility of a cruise being shortened or missing ports if there is a case of covid-19 on board.

And…… to further complicate matters, exactly WHEN would any given cruise be deemed just shy of the 95/98% requirement to be able to sail without all those safety protocols which included masking? At embarkation???

What if YOUR cruise, which you expected not to require those pesky safety protocols turned out to be a cruise that actually fell short of the required percentage of vaccinated people? You will then be informed that you will have to adhere to masking, distancing and the whole slew of those safety protocols.

Surprise, surprise!!!!! Not for me. I will never cruise in a ship that does not require 100%  vaccinated crew and passengers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NightOne said:

From the Fauci e-mails. Apparently at least one person communicated to Fauci about the right way to handle Covid-19:

I wanted to convey an idea I had with regard to the coronavirus. It seems to me that trying to contain the virus as we are doing at present will be futile. Since the virus can be present for many days without a person having any symptoms, you would literally need to test everyone at the same time to determine who has it--an impossible task .

I have a different thought. We know that the virus is especially dangerous for the old and/or immunosuppressed. IMO we should be focusing all of our efforts on keeping that group from becoming infected. To do so that group should be encouraged to self-isolate, to limit their social interactions and other groups should be instructed to avoid them. Sort of a reverse-quarantine idea. All testing would be done within those groups and all groups would also be encouraged to continue with the hygienic suggestions they've already received .

The problem right now is that the media has created a panic. Last night my wife and I went to the local Whole Foods and many of the shelves were empty and healthy younger people were wearing masks .

The message is not getting out that the virus is almost solely dangerous to the elderly and immunosuppressed. [Why aren't the demographics being released? That in itself could calm many people.] With my suggestion, exposures to them would be diminished, significantly reducing the number of deaths, as well as NIH-000624 the potential impact on hospitals. Any person outside of that group that was severely affected could be identified and treated. Quarantining otherwise healthy people outside of those groups who finally demonstrate symptoms--like the NBA players--is ridiculous. They are likely to get the sniffles and have also already spread the virus. As long as they're not spreading it to the endangered group we should not worry about it.

In sum, we need to isolate the vulnerable and realize that the mortality rate for people outside of that group is likely lower than the flu. Of course, while this occurs we are working on finding treatments and vaccines. But sending home workers who have next to no likelihood of being significantly impacted by this virus is ridiculous. The virus hits hardest the old and infirm, two groups that are most likely NOT to even be in the workforce!

To me, this solution is a lot simpler than what is being tried right now and is much more likely of success. To everyone besides the endangered group this virus is literally less dangerous than the flu. There is no reason that anyone outside of the endangered group should have any concern at all and we need to make that clear. Please let me know what you think.

Sincerely ,

Michael Betts

To which Fauci replied:

Thank you for your note.

A.S. Fauci

Sent from my iPhone

So in mid March 2020 Fauci was given the correct way to handle Covid-19 but he chose a complete different path. 

March, 2020?  🤣

7 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Sincerely ,

Michael Betts

To which Fauci replied:

Thank you for your note.

A.S. Fauci

Sent from my iPhone

I just want to make it clear to everyone...I am not Michael Bretts.  Sorry if there is any confusion.  :)

Though I am shipping him a pallet of Pappy Van Winkle right now.

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

Of...sorry, that makes no sense.  You are aware of CARES Act funding for covid treatment?

The only reason CARES Act funding would enter into a medical doctors decision of what to put on a death certificate would be if money mattered more than professional ethics and legal obligations. It seems to me that to suggest such unethical behavior one must have such a motivation in life. Hence projection.

33 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Are any cruises being advertised as 100% vaccinated? I don't think so. The legal liability would be enormous.

2 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Sincerely ,

Michael Betts

To which Fauci replied:

Thank you for your note. A.S. Fauci

Sent from my iPhone

Only one problem with your "correct" solution, almost 50% of the US population would have to be isolated in a COVID free environment.

18 hours ago, cured said:

My work required us scan a copy of our vaccine cards and submit them to HR.  As did my daughter's work place.

At my work, if you do not send in a copy of your vaccine card, you have to sign a contract that you will abide by the stricter covid protocols for the unvaxxed. For instance, those that have a vaccination card on file do not have to quarantine after a vacation. Those that are not vaxxed, need to quarantine, unpaid, for 14 days after taking more than 3 days off consecutively as it is presumed to be a vacation and the person may have traveled. Basically, my work gets around actually requiring proof of vaccination by making it very, very difficult economically to work unvaccinated.  Long weekend and taking PTO? Now you have to take 14 days off unpaid.

Our local school district also just announced that all vaccine eligible students must present proof of vaccination to return in person in the fall.  Our district already offered online school pre-covid for the antivaxxers.  Now covid vaccination has been added to the list of required vaccines to attend in person school.  Medical exemptions verified by a doctor are accepted. Religious exemptions are not, they must go the online school route.

I wish I could like this post 1000 times. I would like to see these protocols implemented everywhere if only to get more people on the vaccination train.

SAFE herd immunity should be our ultimate goal as Americans!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, cured said:

Having to show proof of vaccination has been around long before covid. Many employers have required proof of vaccination. I volunteered at the front desk of our local hospital and had to show proof of vaccination. If you did not have your vaccination record, you had to submit to a blood draw to determine titers. No vaccines/titers, no work. Schools require vaccination records of students.  My kids' colleges required proof of a recent Meningitis B vaccine in order to even be on campus. Some countries still require proof of vaccine to travel.  It is not new to require proof of vaccination.

Even your state requires proof of vaccination to attend college.   https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/college-requirements.aspx

Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements for College Entry   Vaccine Requirements

All entering students at an institution of higher education* are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. See the exemptions section for more information on exemptions from these requirements.

*an "institution of higher education," for purposes of this requirement, includes a "private or independent institution of higher education" per Texas Education Code Sec. 51.9192; see Education Code Sec. 61.003 for full definitions of these terms.

Entering college students required to receive meningococcal vaccination and students not required to receive meningococcal vaccine are defined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Rules, Chapter 21, Subchapter T, §21.612§21.613, and §21.614

Unfortunately, the rhetoric goes both ways. Frankly I am tired of  hearing from those choosing to be unvaccinated that those that prefer a vaccinated cruise are just scared and should stay home. It is the go-to comeback and unfortunately a constant rhetoric. It started with masks; if you are too scared and want masks, stay home. Now it has moved to vaccines.  It can go both ways. If you are too scared of the vaccine, stay home.

Another post that I wish I could “LIKE” a thousand times!

10 minutes ago, broberts said:

Only one problem with your "correct" solution, almost 50% of the US population would have to be isolated in a COVID free environment.

That number is WAY too high but even it were accurate that is a LOT less than 100%.

14 minutes ago, broberts said:

The only reason CARES Act funding would enter into a medical doctors decision of what to put on a death certificate would be if money mattered more than professional ethics and legal obligations. It seems to me that to suggest such unethical behavior one must have such a motivation in life. Hence projection.

Don’t want to get into a debate on this but in the US, it’s not uncommon for on staff Hospital Physicians’s to have a percentage of their salary as bonus based on the amount of revenue they bring in for the employer. Lots of examples. Not applicable in socialized healthcare. 

• Like 1