Crew Quarantine

Roberto256

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

so, why hasn't the UK gotten their act together and vaccinated their own citizens by now ???  seems like a UK problem, not a Princess problem ( or any other cruise line )

The UK have vaccinated over 75% with one vaccine, and around 50% have had both injections, and has one of the world's most successful vaccination programmes. But, no queue jumping , which is why the crew will not be vaccinated.

Edited by wowzz

15 minutes ago, Nick&Simon said:

Their crew on uk operating ships are being vaccinated.

If you say so. Any supporting evidence, as the P&O employees on the P&O thread have not confirmed this, neither have P&O on their social media site?

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The UK have vaccinated over 75% with one vaccine, and around 50% have had both injections, and has one of the world's most successful vaccination programmes. But, no queue jumping , which is why the crew will not be vaccinated.

Factually incorrect. Crew are being vaccinated onboard when their ships call into port.

(check out the crew chat boards).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nick&Simon said:

Factually incorrect. Crew are being vaccinated onboard when their ships call into port.

(check out the crew chat boards).

So, jumping the queue? That is bad PR.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wowzz said:

So, jumping the queue? That is bad PR.

for who? certainly not bad PR for the cruise lines to announce more crew being vaccinated

it's called priority exposure ... and follow the money, of course

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, voljeep said:

for who? certainly not bad PR for the cruise lines to announce more crew being vaccinated

it's called priority exposure ... and follow the money, of course

No, bad PR if foreign crew are vaccinated ahead of UK nationals. They are not essential workers, so should be vaccinated last.

Imagine the head lines  " Cruise companies jump queue so rich can cruise". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No, bad PR if foreign crew are vaccinated ahead of UK nationals. They are not essential workers, so should be vaccinated last.

Imagine the head lines  " Cruise companies jump queue so rich can cruise". 

Ya know ... that would hardly make headlines this side of the Pond ... we have a lot of "I'm special and you're not" ... many instances here of queue jumping, and no one seems to care ... does not make it right at all!

Captain Laakkon has just posted a picture of him being the first to be vaccinated on Sky Princess just now (ship still based off Cyprus).

image.png.2592fa956d0d5c367b68475e6bcff974.png

We are booked on her for a UK seacation in about 3 months so sounds like there is a good chance of us having a vaccinated crew after all!

Edited by dides
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, dides said:

Captain Laakkon has just posted a picture of him being the first to be vaccinated on Sky Princess just now (ship still based off Cyprus).

image.png.2592fa956d0d5c367b68475e6bcff974.png

We are booked on her for a UK seacation in about 3 months so sounds like there is a good chance of us having a vaccinated crew after all!

Thanks for posting.

This is great for passengers, and for crew!

• Like 1

Just now, Nick&Simon said:

On the ship. But not sure exactly which room. 

As they won't be vaccinated in the UK, are Princess flying all the crew to Cyprus for 8 weeks (time for two vaccinations) before Sky leaves for Southampton?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

As they won't be vaccinated in the UK, are Princess flying all the crew to Cyprus for 8 weeks (time for two vaccinations) before Sky leaves for Southampton?

I am not sure why 8 weeks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Interesting - why are foreign nationals getting priority over UK citizens?

So are you saying all the foreign nationals with residency in the UK should not be getting vaccinated?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

So are you saying all the foreign nationals with residency in the UK should not be getting vaccinated?

Absolutely not. 

The UK government has not covered itself with glory over the CV19 crisis, but the vaccination programme has been pretty good. Anyone in the UK can be vaccinated,  full stop.

Clear criteria as to priorities, so that over 50% of adults now are fully vaccinated,  and 75% have received a first vaccine.

And no one can queue  jump. So, no cruise line operating out of the UK can guarantee that their crew will be vaccinated - you cannot fly in 2000 crew members into the UK and expect them to be vaccinated - not going to happen. 

But, as the US vaccination programme is falling well short of the required level for herd immunity, you won't be coming to  Europe anytime soon!

Edited by wowzz
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Absolutely not. 

The UK government has not covered itself with glory over the CV19 crisis, but the vaccination programme has been pretty good. Anyone in the UK can be vaccinated,  full stop.

Clear criteria as to priorities, so that over 50% of adults now are fully vaccinated,  and 75% have received a first vaccine.

And no one can queue  jump. So, no cruise line operating out of the UK can guarantee that their crew will be vaccinated - you cannot fly in 2000 crew members into the UK and expect them to be vaccinated - not going to happen. 

You may want to reread what you wrote in multiple previous instances and think about what it implied.

In California people can be vaccinated at port of entries even if they are not resident. (This may also be occurring in other US states). There is the single shot vaccine that can be used. The thinking behind this is that it s better to have all people vaccinated to stop the spread of SAR-CoV-2 virus no matter whether the people are residents or temporary visitors.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, brisalta said:

You may want to reread what you wrote in multiple previous instances and think about what it implied.

In California people can be vaccinated at port of entries even if they are not resident. (This may also be occurring in other US states). There is the single shot vaccine that can be used. The thinking behind this is that it s better to have all people vaccinated to stop the spread of SAR-CoV-2 virus no matter whether the people are residents or temporary visitors.

I am writing from a UK perspective- I dont need to reread anything.

• Haha 1

Just now, wowzz said:

I am writing from a UK perspective- I dont need to reread anything.

You really should reread what you posted. You said one thing originally and then when I pointed it out you said something else.

9 minutes ago, brisalta said:

You really should reread what you posted. You said one thing originally and then when I pointed it out you said something else.

Fair enough - quote my errors and I will respond - perhaps. 

How do you think we will get on in the test match against New Zealand on day 5,  as you must have an opinion on that as well.

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Absolutely not. 

But, as the US vaccination programme is falling well short of the required level for herd immunity, you won't be coming to  Europe anytime soon!

You keep railing on and on AND ON about que jumping...Princess is a US based company and almost certainly acquire their vaccines in the US and send them out all over the world for its employees so I SERIOUSLY doubt your precious que will be jumped!, Princess will just start their own que.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SheriffJoe said:

You keep railing on and on AND ON about que jumping...Princess is a US based company and almost certainly acquire their vaccines in the US and send them out all over the world for its employees so I SERIOUSLY doubt your precious que will be jumped!, Princess will just start their own que.....

Princess does not acquire vaccines in the US or anywhere else. It does nor have vaccines and thus cannot send vaccines anywhere.

Local authorities acquire the vaccines and Princess then arranges when possible for the local authorities to do the inoculations.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

you cannot fly in 2000 crew members into the UK and expect them to be vaccinated - not going to happen. 

Happened.

And until a couple of weeks ago, maritime crew were exempt from UK hotel quarantine if they came from a red list country. I say this to illustrate that there is flexibility on the part of the uk government.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick&Simon said:

Happened.

And until a couple of weeks ago, maritime crew were exempt from UK hotel quarantine if they came from a red list country. I say this to illustrate that there is flexibility on the part of the uk government.

The Sun (🤷‍♀️) reports today that the Government did not realise the loophole in the law allowing seafarers to enter the U.K. without the statutory 2 weeks quarantine and hence 600 crew were allowed in and then travelled directly to the ship. If this is true, then it was not flexibility but ignorance that allowed it. The crew movement in was shut down on May 19th once they realised the situation.

I must admit, I had a good laugh as it was popular knowledge on CC re the crew situation and seafarers clause. The ships were testing crew before and after the flights and transporting directly to the ships to be quarantined on board, thereby minimising any chance of of contact infection to others outside of the process. 

• Thanks 1