Port Canaveral

LMHSRN

The big Celebration is Mardi Gras!  People are coming from all over the Country to Welcome her and there will be festivities.  Very exciting whether you sail Carnival or not!  CDC approved Ships to sail from PC!  It was announced by Christine Duffy on Good Morning America that CCL will be requiring 100% Vaccinated, too.  

She's a bit big for us but definitely would like to Sail her!  Beautiful Ship!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Is the Mardi Gras the LPG powered ship?

Roy

Roy- yes she is. That is one big ship.

There are a lot of ships there today, just like the old days!

3 hours ago, idiebabe said:

Yes, LPG.  Here's an Interview with Christine Duffy this morning.  Carnival Cruise Line president talks restarting cruise industry Video - ABC News (go.com)

Thanks for posting   the video .That was a terrific & positive interview 

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

So feeling old.....the original Mardi Gras was our first ever cruise in 1989...We just may have to put our Mariner days on hold and book the new Mardi Gras.....no, maybe not...we are fine with HAL now. 

• Like 2

My TA and some of her coworkers were there for the arrival of Mardi Gras (she's a top seller w/Carnival) and toured the new Terminal 3.

I like the hull paint (and apparently Carnival is going to use that design on the rest of the fleet) but she's too large for me.  The biggest ship I've been on to date is MSC Divina (which I thought was a beautiful ship).

Unless I'm on a trans-somewhere sailing with lots of sea day, I just can't see paying a premium for a big, new ship when there isn't enough time to actually explore all the venues.  I sail to relax, not spend 20 hours a day running around a ship trying to see and do everything there is to see and do.

I'm on a quasi B2B on NCL Bliss for April/May 2023.  I know that's too much ship for me but at least we'll have many sea days to explore and still have time to relax.