Royal Caribbean Blinks. Won't require proof of covid vaccination.

Just now, ziggyuk said:

Keep up no foreign ports needed now, Alaska is the hot 😂 spot now.

They still might go south you know? Make a different trip out of it? Why not go down to Portland then a couple of days at sea to Alaska take back the day you lose at Vancouver?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I didn't know where he was sailing? Could have been going south? And I thought Alaska sailings where cancelled?

Slow down there brother.  The reinstatement of Alaska cruising has been the talk of this forum for weeks now.  Alaska, Washington, the CDC and NCL all agree that we're doing it 100% vaccinated.  That makes us all happy.  Might be time for some kum-ba-yah (and yes, this salty old sea dog did have to google to spell that right).

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Agree, however since Royal C. cruises appeal a lot to families with kids, I can understand they taking a different approach

And NCL doesn't? Why because they have racetracks and rope courses instead of dodgems and merry go rounds?

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CaptainWoody said:

Slow down there brother.  The reinstatement of Alaska cruising has been the talk of this forum for weeks now.  Alaska, Washington, the CDC and NCL all agree that we're doing it 100% vaccinated.  That makes us all happy.  Might be time for some kum-ba-yah (and yes, this salty old sea dog did have to google to spell that right).

I haven't really read it to be fair. How are they making up for the day/night lost in Vancouver?

Just now, ace2542 said:

I haven't really read it to be fair. How are they making up for the day/night lost in Vancouver?

By steaming on past it and spending more time in Alaska and I can't wait 🤩

• Like 2

Just now, ace2542 said:

But I thought the larger ships like the Bliss can only get into a few places?

This is mine after ship changed last week, old on Bliss > New on Encore:

image.png.fe645bbc3cf7d19bd2bb943f2b86e0da.png

9 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

They still might go south you know? Make a different trip out of it? Why not go down to Portland then a couple of days at sea to Alaska take back the day you lose at Vancouver?

I know you are from the UK, so might not know, but no American in their right mind wants to go anywhere near Portland right now.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, CaptainWoody said:

I know you are from the UK, so might not know, but no American in their right mind wants to go anywhere near Portland right now.  🙂

I know yet it usually a very safe city.

9 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I've done the Alaska cruise twice.  Not stopping in Vancouver is a gain (not a loss) at this time.  There's just more time to sail around the good places.  

1 hour ago, bbnmom said:

The only requirement being discussed is vaccine verification. As far as I know FL is the only one so far opposed to 100% vaccinated ship population. Although I could be wrong. I am not too inclined to worry about it until the end of september when I have to pay up.

Texas

• Like 2

We have three cruises planned (b2b2b). If NCL changes its position and goes with cruising without the being vaccinated we will not cruise. Cruising is not important to us.

We will not allow anyone to use us as their political pawn. I could care less about the DeSantis’ political career. My only concern is for the well being of my husband and myself. I know far to many people who contracted this deadly disease and way to many who are no longer with us. Please don’t bother to respond with idiotic response that Covid is not real or that no one has or is dying from Covid. Keep that foolishness to yourself. 

I just wish there was a way DeSantis was force to personally pick up the medical tab for anyone who gets Covid while on these RCC ships or at least require that those who get infected to stay in Florida where 100% of all medical needs will be provided free of charge. 

Happy cruising to all you brave souls willing to be use by DeSantis to make his political point. For now DH and I will sit back and watch how this all plays out. We still have time to cancel.

• Like 10