Vaccine Passports Still Required in Europe, Mediterranean, UK.

And thank goodness for that.

With vaccine uptake in Europe currently excellent, at above 95% where available, and local laws prohibiting travel without proof of immunity in the form of a Vaccine Passport with QR Code being recognised by all European countries, and soon to be linked to the UK's very similar system, this will come as a big relief to many.

Even as someone who had Covid last year, and is now also double dosed. I would still never sail on a ship being sold to the un-vaccinated due to the risk of disruption when they spread it amongst themselves. A ship is an absolutely perfect super spreader environment.

This is definitely a culture thing. I'm so glad I got all of my beautiful Caribbean cruising from Florida done years ago.

When cruises inevitably start being disrupted by outbreaks among the un-vaccinated, quarantines, emergency medical offloads, and even more deaths. The cruise industry will most certainly suffer the same fate.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Board_Shorts said:

My apologies, but I don't quite understand what you meant?

Some threads recently, for some reason, just have lots of activity and post whoring, while others like yours simply dies without any input.

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some threads recently, for some reason, just have lots of activity and post whoring, while others like yours simply dies without any input.

Ah I see. Thank you. Probably due the fewer number of Europeans using this site and the fact that the vaccines are not a political/conspiracy theory/hoax or some kind of statement over here.

Cruising re-started months ago in Europe, but only with vaccines, and therefore digital Vaccine Passports; these are linked to our government healthcare systems and are easily accessible via our regular healthcare app. It's actually incredibly easy, especially as they're recognised by all European countries.

Happy cruising!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Being from the Uk and having a cruise booked in late Aug from Barcelona i am extremely happy at vaccine passports for travel. Cant wait to hear what RCLs on board protocols are and what requirements are needed to cruise. At the moment its all speculation and hatred.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Being from the Uk and having a cruise booked in late Aug from Barcelona i am extremely happy at vaccine passports for travel. Cant wait to hear what RCLs on board protocols are and what requirements are needed to cruise. At the moment its all speculation and hatred.

You and me both my friend! Let me guess... Harmony?

Awesome! 😃 If so, I'll be seeing you there.

What are your dates?

Can't wait! 😎🥰🏝️🍹🍽️🌅🌊

12 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

And thank goodness for that.

With vaccine uptake in Europe currently excellent, at above 95% where available, and local laws prohibiting travel without proof of immunity in the form of a Vaccine Passport with QR Code being recognised by all European countries, and soon to be linked to the UK's very similar system, this will come as a big relief to many.

Even as someone who had Covid last year, and is now also double dosed. I would still never sail on a ship being sold to the un-vaccinated due to the risk of disruption when they spread it amongst themselves. A ship is an absolutely perfect super spreader environment.

This is definitely a culture thing. I'm so glad I got all of my beautiful Caribbean cruising from Florida done years ago.

When cruises inevitably start being disrupted by outbreaks among the un-vaccinated, quarantines, emergency medical offloads, and even more deaths. The cruise industry will most certainly suffer the same fate.

I have no idea where you are getting these figures. Europe lags way behind the UK.

In France 41% have had 1 jab and 20% have had both.  In the UK the figures are 76%/53%

17 minutes ago, little britain said:

I have no idea where you are getting these figures. Europe lags way behind the UK.

In France 41% have had 1 jab and 20% have had both.  In the UK the figures are 76%/53%

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to point out here? The figure is 95% where vaccines are readily available. Europe is sourcing all the vaccines they can and they're being snapped up like hotcakes. Of course, the tremendous success in the UK goes without saying.

The intra Europe Vaccine Passport for the fully vaccinated is a huge step forward. Once the UK is linked, it will be a world beating system

I'm curious to know 'Little Britain,' are you vaccinated? Do you plan to cruise within the next couple of years?

Edited by Board_Shorts
Edit: Typo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, little britain said:

UK stats are better than I suspected ... as you say ... but ... it depends on where you get your figures ...

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations 

shows UK at 40.75%/18.66% for percentage vaccinated  2 jabs/1jab as of June 5, 2021

Edited by GlobalMethod

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Uptake is very high. That is the percentage of people who are choosing to take the vaccination when it is made available to them. I don’t think the op said anything that contradicts that. 
Uptake and the percentage of the population vaccinated are two different items. 

2 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

You and me both my friend! Let me guess... Harmony?

Awesome! 😃 If so, I'll be seeing you there.

What are your dates?

Can't wait! 😎🥰🏝️🍹🍽️🌅🌊

Yes harmony, 29th Aug for the week. Roll on the sunshine. 

6 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

Cruising re-started months ago in Europe, but only with vaccines, and therefore digital Vaccine Passports

I believe MSC is operating a hybrid system on their Med sailings, taking both vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers. It will be interesting to see what approach Royal takes when Harmony starts sailing again. We are due to sail on her at the end of September so will be watching closely to see what happens on the first few departures.

5 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Uptake is very high. That is the percentage of people who are choosing to take the vaccination when it is made available to them. I don’t think the op said anything that contradicts that. 
Uptake and the percentage of the population vaccinated are two different items. 

Thank you. Yes, that's exactly what I meant. The outlook is getting better every day!

As for the fully vaccinated guy who is actually posting from a cruise right now; go out and enjoy yourself! There's no way I'd be on Cruise Critic, especially with all the unpleasantness at the moment. It would depress me!