When do reservations open?

We paid off the balance of our Christmas cruise, but I can't remember when it opens for reservations for dining, spa, excursions, etc.  

I know you have more time if you have status, but this is only our 3rd cruise on NCL.  Anyone happen to know?  TIA

30 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

does it matter if you pay in full?  I'm in the Haven, and NCL moved the final payment to 60 days.  Will reservations still become available at 130?

That, is an excellent question.  I'll find out in a few weeks.

3 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

does it matter if you pay in full?  I'm in the Haven, and NCL moved the final payment to 60 days.  Will reservations still become available at 130?

If you try to book a specialty dining reservation, what date does it tell you to come back to book?  You will need to "select" even though it says it is too early to book in order to get the date.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Island Beachdog said:

If you try to book a specialty dining reservation, what date does it tell you to come back to book?  You will need to "select" even though it says it is too early to book in order to get the date.  

Well that right there is an outstanding pro-tip!  I just did that and it says 6/18, which I had already calculated as 120 days prior to sail.  That said, it might be a confirmation that I'll still be able to reserve dining even though the final payment date was pushed back by 60 days.  Time will tell....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

Doesn’t matter at all.

Outside the US, our final payment date has always been after reservations open up, and we can book everything no problem.

• Thanks 2

I just made dinner reservations early this morning (Wed 6/9) for our 10/17 Breakaway Haven cruise at 130 days out.  Interestingly, I was able to reserve for Le Bistro, La Cucina and Teppanyaki, but Cagney's still says "too early to book".  I don't think I've ever run into that before.  Has anyone?

5 minutes ago, cruiservictor said:

I just made dinner reservations early this morning (Wed 6/9) for our 10/17 Breakaway Haven cruise at 130 days out.  Interestingly, I was able to reserve for Le Bistro, La Cucina and Teppanyaki, but Cagney's still says "too early to book".  I don't think I've ever run into that before.  Has anyone?

Yes.  The system sometimes doesn't work consistently.  I would call them tomorrow.

8 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

Yes. We made bookings 130 days out

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I have all my dinner reservations made for my 9/26 and 10/3 sailings on the Breakaway. Still waiting for them to start listing some excursions....

I put in our dinner reservations for the Norwegian Sky but am nervous about plunking down any money for excursions, for fear that'll jinx my cruise and they'll cancel that one, too, just like the Gem! Of course, if I wait too long, they'll be sold out. What to do?

19 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I put in our dinner reservations for the Norwegian Sky but am nervous about plunking down any money for excursions, for fear that'll jinx my cruise and they'll cancel that one, too, just like the Gem! Of course, if I wait too long, they'll be sold out. What to do?

If memory serves me correct, you don't actually pay for the excursions until you have been on them. You just book them.

1 minute ago, Yinster said:

If memory serves me correct, you don't actually pay for the excursions until you have been on them. You just book them.

I just booked an excursion and it required payment.  I thought it might be just to hold the reservation, but it already showed up as pending on my card.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dreamcruiser2 said:

I just booked an excursion and it required payment.  I thought it might be just to hold the reservation, but it already showed up as pending on my card.

Yes, when I try to book excursions, I'm required to add them to my cart and pay for them on the spot.

• Like 1

If you book them via the cart, you must prepay; if you call the 800 number, you can reserve them without payment, and they will be charged to your shipboard account after the excursion is completed.  

Edited to add:  This is specifically for the US website.  Other countries' websites may be different.

Edited by trivimp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, trivimp said:

If you book them via the cart, you must prepay; if you call the 800 number, you can reserve them without payment, and they will be charged to your shipboard account after the excursion is completed.  

That is great to know!  If you book over the phone do they still show up on your on-line itinerary?  Do they send you an updated cruise confirmation?

• Like 1

Just now, CaptainWoody said:

That is great to know!  If you book over the phone do they still show up on your on-line itinerary?  Do they send you an updated cruise confirmation?

Yes & yes.

17 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Well that right there is an outstanding pro-tip!  I just did that and it says 6/18, which I had already calculated as 120 days prior to sail.  That said, it might be a confirmation that I'll still be able to reserve dining even though the final payment date was pushed back by 60 days.  Time will tell....

I am getting the same 6/18 for my 10/16 cruise. Talked to customer service and they stated that cruises leaving after Oct 10 can only book onboard. 

9 minutes ago, DanMartin8602 said:

I am getting the same 6/18 for my 10/16 cruise. Talked to customer service and they stated that cruises leaving after Oct 10 can only book onboard. 

Well that's strange.  I guess we'll find out for sure on 6/18.

39 minutes ago, DanMartin8602 said:

Don't rely on that customer service told you.

19 hours ago, Island Beachdog said:

Excellent tip!  I did mine and it said 7/23 for my 11/20 cruise, which is exactly 120 days out.  I thought Haven got 130 days?