How many cancelled your RCL cruise and booked w/ Carnival?

19 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm not a fan of Carnival or NCL but we have little choice in the Northeast so I would consider them now because they are sailing fully vaccinated. However, Celebrity would be my first choice. Princess has no presence in the northeast except for Canada / New England and we know those aren't happening.

When the NCO expires and then looking a few years forward I think we'll all look back and think how foolish we were during this time frame of the re-start of cruising. Regarding the exrtremisms we all read on these boards.. I believe will be laughed at one day soon. But right now everyone is trying to find their balance on the re-opening of their lives.  

As a nation of Royal Caribbean loyalists, I do wish us all the best. Well except those that are so vile and every so gloating their bigotry. Some of these people are truly the turds in life's fishbowl. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

When the NCO expires and then looking a few years forward I think we'll all look back and think how foolish we were during this time frame of the re-start of cruising. Regarding the exrtremisms we all read on these boards.. I believe will be laughed at one day soon. But right now everyone is trying to find their balance on the re-opening of their lives.  

As a nation of Royal Caribbean loyalists, I do wish us all the best. Well except those that are so vile and every so gloating their bigotry. Some of these people are truly the turds in life's fishbowl. 

I'm not loyal to any one line. The bottom line is the best onboard experience that my wallet can buy and a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Florida doesn't fit that bill.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm not loyal to any one line. The bottom line is the best onboard experience that my wallet can buy and a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Florida doesn't fit that bill.

Well there you go. At least you have choices. Six months ago... you didn't. Life is improving.

• Like 4

I don't think RCI needs to worry that much about the loyalists, but a lot of people aren't.  Personally, we look at 5-6 cruise lines, then make our picks based on itineraries and costs.  The only cruise we have booked right now is with RCI out of Barbados.  We're hanging onto to the reservation because it's still a vaccinated cruise.  For us, we'll just look for vaccinated cruises and won't bother with RCI out of Florida or Texas for the time being.  (Carnival will still be pretty far down the line for us.) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I have a feeling there is more bark than bite on these message boards.

I'm sure a few have, but I seriously doubt all this talk and posting about RCL and vasccinated cruising. I think most are venting their frustartions.

You can't quit Royal.... and you know it. 

Message board warriors are fun!

Do be aware carnival has only said july cruises from only Galveston will be vaccinated. And if you have minors you have to apply to be among the 5%.

I wouldnt book for august and beyond until the policy comes out.

We have sailed with RCCL maybe 5-6 times and CCL about twice that many.  It's whatever fits our schedule, budget, and itinerary.  It wasn't until about the 4th time we had been to Cozumel when we said, "Let's try a different itinerary."  We were booked on HAL for Alaska before the pandemic 😞

As far as RCCL's approach to reopening cruising, not concerned at this time.  Or I should say, not concerned enough at this time to look elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I'm sure a few have, but I seriously doubt all this talk and posting about RCL and vasccinated cruising. I think most are venting their frustartions.

Actually, we have 8 (all fully vaxxed) going on our first Royal Cruise this Sept out of Canaveral.  Looking forward to it, and I agree, some of these folks on here are cray cray acting...I hope it's not that way onboard.  

I'm more a Celebrity guy, but this cruise fits the younger demographic we have going on this trip.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

You realize Princess is a Carnival Cruise Lines subsidiary.

And booze cruises happen on every cruise lines.  NCL has that Free Drinks promo vs. Carnival's expensive drink package.

"included" alcohol does not equal "booze cruise" 

The differential between the 2 has more to do with the customers than the offerings

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

More bark than bite - such is life my friend !

• Like 1