Luggage Direct - toiletries?

MogeyMan

How do you handle the last nite and morning toiletries, which will not be allowed in your carry-on bags, if you use Luggage Direct. My fella has not suffered the lockdown well, (not to mention our ages) and getting the luggage handled for us sounds very tempting

I just use the ones provided in the ship cabin or hotel and mini travel size for items not provided.  I think Luggage Direct type shipping sounds like a great idea!  Treat yourselves nicely!  😁

~Nancy

8 hours ago, oakridger said:

I just use the ones provided in the ship cabin or hotel and mini travel size for items not provided.  I think Luggage Direct type shipping sounds like a great idea!  Treat yourselves nicely!  😁

~Nancy

My dentist gives small samples of toothpaste, which fit in the carry-on allowance. 
I have a very small jar that I put moisturizer in for morning, which also fits in the little bag along with my smaller deodorant. 
I skip perfume and lipstick on travel home day to save room in the baggie. 

All those items stay in the carry-on when I get home, being replenished immediately if needed. 
That way I am ready to go next time.  

17 hours ago, MogeyMan said:

How do you handle the last nite and morning toiletries, which will not be allowed in your carry-on bags, if you use Luggage Direct. My fella has not suffered the lockdown well, (not to mention our ages) and getting the luggage handled for us sounds very tempting

Really it’s no different than if you put your luggage out the night before to be picked up and are picking it up.

The less you have for your carry on, the better.  As others have said, we use the mini sized things for our last morning.

After our first Luggage Direct experience, we were hooked!

It was the same routine, and we put our luggage out the night before. If you can't get small samples, bring partly used items, then leave what little is in them on the ship.

You can also buy TSA approved bag & bottle kits that you can fill at home. 

If you look at the cost vs. the hassle of getting a porter at the terminal, tipping him, luggage into the airport trans, tipping him, the porter at the airport, tipping him, well, it makes using Luggage Direct very reasonable. 

Please don't get me wrong... We still tip, and we tip well, we just don't have bags to tip for.

Hope this helps!