LIVE Virtuosa second 7-day 12/6/2021

tonybecks

Hello all. 

Couldn’t be more impressed with the start of the week’s voyage. From car park to stepping aboard in 35 minutes. Every crew member is great so far. 

2.50pm and on second glass of Moët in the champagne bar and it’s actually sunny and warm. Hurrah. 

E58C747F-2F3C-498A-A703-EE926862AD3E.jpeg

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, MISSGJ said:

Have an amazing cruise! If you get a chance can you please ask if the have Veuve Rich or Veuve Rich Rose by the glass now. They had “run out” a couple of weeks ago. 

Will do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonybecks said:

Hello all. 

Couldn’t be more impressed with the start of the week’s voyage. From car park to stepping aboard in 35 minutes. Every crew member is great so far. 

2.50pm and on second glass of Moët in the champagne bar and it’s actually sunny and warm. Hurrah. 

Sounds great! Looks so good! Have a fab cruise.

Hope to hear more as your journey progresses! 
cheers! 🥂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tonybecks said:

Hello all. 

How is your cabin ? Which cabin type do you have ? So many questions 🤣 please can you let us know what the entertainment is like and if it’s worth going to butchers cut ? 

2 hours ago, wirral36 said:

How is your cabin ? Which cabin type do you have ? So many questions 🤣 please can you let us know what the entertainment is like and if it’s worth going to butchers cut ? 

We were only confirmed on yesterday and sailed today so they only had one cabin which was a 13th deck Fantastica balcony which is really nice. The bathroom is a little, er, bijoux but otherwise all good. 

They have both types of Moët but only the pink Veuve at the moment. 

Noticing silly little things like the carpets all have that ‘brand new’ bounce. Also enjoying only having the announcements once 🤣 The volume of staff is ridiculuous - it’s like being on Oceania on a massive ship. Hah. I’ve just witnessed the dinosaurs being wiped out on the ceiling of the main atrium as we sailed past the Jurassic coast. Nice touch 🤣🦕🦖💥

Edited by tonybecks
Add pic
  • Like 4

Yeah. We must have been waitlisted and someone cancelled last minute. I guess the Glasgow cancellation may have worked in our favour. 

There’s less than 800 on board and it’s a surprisingly young crowd - but everyone seems under for it and is in good spirits that I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

We are back onboard on Saturday so hope the champagne bar is restocked. One question if you get time, is the thermal area of the spa still basically closed with no saunas, bubble pools & stream rooms working. When we were on in May only a couple of heated beds, shower and salt room were open. Thanks. 

Edited by Stu UK

16 minutes ago, NightWoman said:

Are you on this cruise? 

No, but my balance on my August cruise from Greenock is due on Wednesday.  However, I work on cruise ships in another Scottish port, have at least one that is due in the next few weeks, and wonder if MSC have any further information other than the next planned Scottish Government review on the 28th June.

55 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

No, but my balance on my August cruise from Greenock is due on Wednesday.  However, I work on cruise ships in another Scottish port, have at least one that is due in the next few weeks, and wonder if MSC have any further information other than the next planned Scottish Government review on the 28th June.

I see and I understand your dilemma, we are on the 23rd June cruise and still don't know what the position is 🤔

12 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Can anyone currently on board Virtuosa confirm what decision has been made for Wednesday 16th instead of Greenock?

Thanks   🙂 

hey

Greenock has been replaced by overnight and extra day in Liverpool.

Now leave Liverpool at 16:30 on Wednesday and head to Belfast

• Like 2