The New Moon - Adventures in Greece - June 18th through July 8th

spinnaker2

I assume it is Vicky Van Tassel who is an American CD very good at her job who was mentored by the wonderful Colin Brown. 

Vicky left Silversea for Viking so if it is the same Vicky she has been enticed back.

Bon voyage Spins.  What wonderful news that Vicky is back!!!  I will be following your great commentary closely and hope that the special protocols and changes to the normal routine are not too onerous.  I had planned on getting either an international plan or a European SIM card for our voyage this fall so will be interested how the phone app works.

Above all, have a wonderful time and enjoy Greece.

We are currently in Athens on the conclusion of our 28 day Greek island hopping trip.  Tomorrow we fly to Dubrovnik for two weeks in Croatia.  

we are staying near the airport but we are tempted to take a cab to Piraeus to see the Moon!  Probably won’t!!!  We will be boarding the Moon here in Athens on October 24th, so we will have to wait. 

Everyone sailing should be on board and enjoying the newness of this magnificent ship.  We hope you can find time to let all of us share your experiences.

It is about 7:20pm in Greece now (I think)........so Spins and Dr Spins should probably be 

1) having pre-dinner drinks or 2) dinner LOL........

Hopefully their flight arrived safely and everything went smoothly after landing😃

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

We are aboard.

Details to follow but its amazing to see so many of the crew.

Wow it's amazing !!! Your on your way !!! As I mentioned before on other threads I'm not that brave to travel at this moment ..and Greece being on our no go area  it was something we would not consider to do...so so sad as Athens us only 3.5 hours flight from London for us !!! Can't believe that the USA can go !!! 

But that said I wish all the best & hope you all have a amazing experience!!!

We in the UK are being encouraged not to travel untill most of the population is double vaccinated!!! Which thankfully won't be to long ... But it's still masks wearing in all indoor venue's & public transport..I have read the USA since  2020 the masks wearing has been very hit & miss & I hope it won't set us back by you wanting to travel so far a field ..  

Happy cruising & look forward to hearing from you & all your experiences on the moon( which I cancelled sailing in Oct 2021 feeling it was still to soon !!) 

Again wish you all happy sailing 🚢🙏😷 ..... Keep safe

I'm really looking forward to reading all about your adventures on the Moon & the excitement of seeing fellow passengers & crew. I know you will hear amazing stories.  Less interested in reading why others won't travel right now & pointing fingers on which country is doing what.  At least on this thread, let's celebrate the new Moon & its pioneering passengers !  Safe travels.

• Like 2