Dinner recommendations

Calker

You should also give a bit more information, IE. what types of cuisine you like, do you want very casual or more fancy, where in Miami are you staying? Miami proper, South Beach, Mid-Beach, etc. By give people a little more information you can get better recommendations. Your initial post is to general.

10 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Happy to give you some great suggestions but what are you looking for?  Price range? 

Lots of great dining available in all price ranges and cuisines!

Agree … so many and varied places in Miami. 

Sorry - I left my post very general as we will travel almost anywhere in Miami - good way to see the city / unless the price is $100 for the entree we’re open / cuisine can be anything except the new pizza I saw today made with cicada’s as a topping / we are just looking for GOOD food

thanks to all who replied

I get food that is hard to get where I live, which means I get Cuban and Caribbean/Jamaican in FL. Also sometimes seafood that is more FL centric like Stone Crab and Pompano.

For Cuban I like Versailles and Old Havana. I am sure neither is "the best" in Miami, but it is probably like tacos in San Diego; locals will never agree on what is the actual best.

For Caribbean I love Chef Creole and Tap Tap.

On 6/17/2021 at 4:20 PM, scottca075 said:

I get food that is hard to get where I live, which means I get Cuban and Caribbean/Jamaican in FL. Also sometimes seafood that is more FL centric like Stone Crab and Pompano.

For Cuban I like Versailles and Old Havana. I am sure neither is "the best" in Miami, but it is probably like tacos in San Diego; locals will never agree on what is the actual best.

Tap Tap was great however they closed in 2019. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 4:20 PM, scottca075 said:

Scott, unfortunately Tap Tap has closed.

To the OP, for  Cuban, Las Vegas, Versailles, or Havana 1957.  Versailles in Little Havana is going to probably give you the best experience and they have the best paella I've ever had outside Spain.

• Like 1