Parking AT Miami port

Terab85

We are cruising out Miami on the Carnival Horizon in September and was trying to find information about parking at the port.  We know there is cheaper parking off site but DH wants to be right there.  I looked and see you can't prepay for it but does anyone know what terminal the Horizon might go out of?  Is there any valet or is it self serve parking?

Thanks!!

16 hours ago, Terab85 said:

We are cruising out Miami on the Carnival Horizon in September and was trying to find information about parking at the port.  We know there is cheaper parking off site but DH wants to be right there.  I looked and see you can't prepay for it but does anyone know what terminal the Horizon might go out of?  Is there any valet or is it self serve parking?

Thanks!!

Carnival uses terminals D, E and F when completed. The garages are right across the street from the terminals. A short walk.

• Like 1

Several garages are set up so you can drop your bags (and companions) with the porters, and then take your vehicle to the garage.

The arrangement is well thought out.

the Port of Miami has a tab on parking in its website. I think it is useful to study the traffic flow and know in advance the garage serving your cruise.  The roadways divide in various places based on cruise terminals.

• Like 3

On 6/16/2021 at 5:11 PM, Terab85 said:

Is there any valet or is it self serve parking?

I am not aware of any valet parking availability.

On 6/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, Cienfuegos said:

the Port of Miami has a tab on parking in its website. I think it is useful to study the traffic flow and know in advance the garage serving your cruise.  The roadways divide in various places based on cruise terminals.

This is very good advice, particularly if this is one's first time to enter the Port of Miami.  The traffic is chaotic and very congested.  One needs considerable patience.  Signage, I thought, was fair to poor.  It helps to have some knowledge of the layout of the Port before one arrives.  

• Like 2

Yes, on cruise days there can be very chaotic traffic. 

some folks prefer to enter the port via the bridge from Biscayne Blvd. That's especially helpful if you are booked to terminals F G H or J, as you are at that end of the dock.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

Yes, on cruise days there can be very chaotic traffic. 

some folks prefer to enter the port via the bridge from Biscayne Blvd. That's especially helpful if you are booked to terminals F G H or J, as you are at that end of the dock.

That's what I did.  I was driving South on US 1 from Port Everglades and Meraviglia was at Terminal H and I parked at Garage J.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 3:07 PM, rkacruiser said:

That's what I did.  I was driving South on US 1 from Port Everglades and Meraviglia was at Terminal H and I parked at Garage J.  

Hello fellow Buckeye!  I’m doing a B2B with Carnival Horizon, then MSC Meraviglia.  Do you know if MSC always docks at the eastern end of the port? I am trying to figure out my parking while there,  but I don’t know where they usually dock.  Thanks. 

20 hours ago, km3045 said:

Hello fellow Buckeye!  I’m doing a B2B with Carnival Horizon, then MSC Meraviglia.  Do you know if MSC always docks at the eastern end of the port? I am trying to figure out my parking while there,  but I don’t know where they usually dock.  Thanks. 

Meraviglia docked at the western end of Dodge Island, one of the terminals closest to the entrance to the Port.  The "eastern end" would be closer to the Atlantic; she was not docked there.  

I only began to "follow" where Meraviglia docked in the weeks prior to my cruise.  Her terminal location was consistent; Armonia also docked there.  Once the pandemic began, when Meraviglia or Armonia was in the Port, they used the same location.  However, Meraviglia's most recent Port visit found her at a different terminal one or two further down the row than she had been.  

When are your cruises?  If enough time before you sail, check the Port of Miami web cam on several sailing day to see where Carnival Horizon and Meraviglia are docking.  

Have not sailed on Horizon, but I think you will enjoy Meraviglia!  The pizza is very good!  And, the pool games around the mid-ships pool are fun to watch; entertainment is very good.  One afternoon, we had an abbreviated performance of an Opera with the male and female leads having very good opera quality voices.  This was a unique cruise experience for me!  

We were there in March 2020 and dont remember which lot we parked at, but I do know when we returned we were docked at a different spot and had a 15 minute walk dragging our bags behind us. We found out when we got to the car that there was a free shuttle circling the port for that purpose, lol. I guess we burned a few of the calories at least. The elevators at both garages didn't work either. But I would still park there again in future, much safer than what I read about off site lots in Miami.

Tony

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, disneykins said:

We found out when we got to the car that there was a free shuttle circling the port for that purpose, lol.

How did you find this out?  For my January, 2020 sailing, I learned from my pre-trip research that there was a shuttle.  But, when I asked a police officer directing traffic outside the parking garage, he denied that there was one.  While waiting to embark Meraviglia as well as when I disembarked, I didn't see any shuttle.  

On 7/4/2021 at 3:13 PM, rkacruiser said:

How did you find this out?  For my January, 2020 sailing, I learned from my pre-trip research that there was a shuttle.  But, when I asked a police officer directing traffic outside the parking garage, he denied that there was one.  While waiting to embark Meraviglia as well as when I disembarked, I didn't see any shuttle.  

I think someone at the parking lot told us. I think it was just pulling up to the lot when we got there. I don't remember if it was marked in any way, there's so many shuttles and vans there, they all look the same.

45 minutes ago, disneykins said:

I think someone at the parking lot told us. I think it was just pulling up to the lot when we got there. I don't remember if it was marked in any way, there's so many shuttles and vans there, they all look the same.

Quite correct about all of the vans, etc.  The Port of Miami is the most chaotic port that I have experienced!  I used to think the piers used by cruise ships in New York were chaotic, but Miami's situation is significantly more so.  

When I parked, there was no one connected with the parking garage to ask.  There probably was an employee taking money as people were exiting, but where was that person?  The first "employee types" that I encountered were outside the parking garage:  a police officer (I thought:  he ought know more than I do) and a baggage handler across the street working on a RCCL ship's luggage.  No shuttle, I was told by the officer; the baggage handler brushed me off.  I did not find the Port's employees "world class cruise guest friendly" that Sunday morning when I arrived.  

I've never seen a shuttle for the parking garages.  Normally we pull up to the ship/embarkation entrance, unload bags and passengers and then one person, the driver, parks the car and walks to the embarkation location to be reunited with his or her party.  

While a little chaotic, it is not rocket science and is easily accomplished.....avoiding unpleasant employees is rather effortless.