Bahamas Health Visa came quickly

8 hours ago, auntjoy036 said:

In preparation for an upcoming Adventure cruise out of Nassau I applied for a Bahamas health visa tonight. I received approval one hour later. I am impressed with the efficiency of this relatively new system. 

Not aware of this Health visa.  Can you tell me about it?  Thanks

8 hours ago, auntjoy036 said:

In preparation for an upcoming Adventure cruise out of Nassau I applied for a Bahamas health visa tonight. I received approval one hour later. I am impressed with the efficiency of this relatively new system. 

back in December I traveled to the Bahamas and had to have the negative covid test plus the health visa.  My covid test results were available 430 am.  I uploaded them on the way to the airport to the health visa website.  Had my health visa by 515am.  Boarded my plane at 610am.  

Mind you, I don't recommend that scenario but this visa was new due to the increased covid cases.  

https://travel.gov.bs/login?session_expired=true

Grandma Gail, as part of their Covid protocol, the Bahamas require a health visa for travel to or within the Bahamas. There is a fee (mine was $40. I have also read $60). You apply on line at the link jean87510 posted. Click the X on the “timed out” pop up to reach the home page. The process includes uploading a photo of your passport id page and vaccine card if you are vaccinated with approved brands of vaccine. Unvaccinated people have to provide proof of negative Covid test shortly before entry into the Bahamas and again a few days later. The website reads as if all travelers must get tested, but I am vaccinated and the visa I received said no test was necessary. Like everything everywhere, the procedure is evolving. 

13 hours ago, auntjoy036 said:

Give them money, you get a visa. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, auntjoy036 said:

Does it have an expiration date for fully vaccinated persons ?

On 6/19/2021 at 11:34 AM, auntjoy036 said:

Grandma Gail, as part of their Covid protocol, the Bahamas require a health visa for travel to or within the Bahamas. There is a fee (mine was $40. I have also read $60). You apply on line at the link jean87510 posted. Click the X on the “timed out” pop up to reach the home page. The process includes uploading a photo of your passport id page and vaccine card if you are vaccinated with approved brands of vaccine. Unvaccinated people have to provide proof of negative Covid test shortly before entry into the Bahamas and again a few days later. The website reads as if all travelers must get tested, but I am vaccinated and the visa I received said no test was necessary. Like everything everywhere, the procedure is evolving. 

Checked with Carnival yesterday and they said it was not required at THIS time.  Things change daily.

On 6/19/2021 at 3:44 PM, BirdTravels said:

You pay for the duration you need. 

To clarify my question:

If your cruise is in November for 3 days in the Bahamas, will the visa be good in November  or does it have a certain expiration date from when you apply?

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

To clarify my question:

If your cruise is in November for 3 days in the Bahamas, will the visa be good in November  or does it have a certain expiration date from when you apply?

You can only apply 14 days before you arrive in The Bahamas. We applied for ours on June 18th for our July 3-10 cruise (arriving in The Bahamas early) and it expires on July 16th. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

You can only apply 14 days before you arrive in The Bahamas. We applied for ours on June 18th for our July 3-10 cruise (arriving in The Bahamas early) and it expires on July 16th. 

You can pay for a longer one. But why? 

Just now, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You can pay for a longer one. But why? 

I guess if you were stating longer 🤷‍♀️.  I’m not sure why ours has the 16th as the expiration date but we did only pay the $40 fee not $60. 

• Like 1

Canadian here.

Anyone who's gotten a Bahamas health visa know if mixed doses are accepted?  This is the scenario for many Canadians right now.  We are sailing to Bahamas in October.  I can't find anything concrete online. 

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Thanks for answering my question.👍

• Like 1