Epic Spa, bar service?

SpainAlien

No bar service, just the water & tea.  If you try to sneak in a beverage from an outside bar they will stop you, because they don't want any glass in the spa area.  (I saw someone try to do just that on my last Epic cruise!)  

• Like 1

Its not a party spa and they try to relax you with zen music, orange flavored water, hot tea, and exotic scents.  The last thing the spa needs is the hot tub full of alcoholic drinks.  The main pool area has plenty of pool space and hot tubs that you can drink at.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, trivimp said:

No bar service, just the water & tea.  If you try to sneak in a beverage from an outside bar they will stop you, because they don't want any glass in the spa area.  (I saw someone try to do just that on my last Epic cruise!)  

I think the policing of alcoholic beverages in the spa must vary widely based on who is staffing the spa at the moment.  On my last NCL cruise (Jade in January 2020), there were several people in the thermal suite having beers/cocktails every day.  I think they got them from the poolside bar as they were in plastic and cans.  They were not sneaking them in as far as I know.  They were consuming them happily whilst laying in the loungers of the Thermal Suite.  Staff seemed to not care at all.   

• Like 1

You will love the spa on Epic. In my opinion it's simply one of the best spa areas at sea. I was able to bring in a frozen margarita every day after lunch. I'd grab one of the lounge chairs outside facing aft, finish my drink, and take a little cat nap. Just get if from any of the pool bartender so it's in a plastic cup and you should have no worries bringing it in.

• Like 1