Celebrity FCC - Need to use by 30th Sept 2022?

gordylad

1 hour ago, gordylad said:

Is this date set in stone with Celebrity as it rules out any transatlantics?

Thanks

Is that the book by date or sail by date.

I remember both being extended ,but as I’ve now used ours, I’m not up to date with any extensions.

Edited by upwarduk

They've pushed the date back once.  It had been early May 2022.  We were having a hard time finding a cruise on which to spend $700 remaining FCC, but then Oceania cancelled Sirena's 2021 TA and we switched to Silhouette Nov 1, 2021.  She arrives in the UK Sunday to begin her summer with the Brits, so I think hers and Apex's TA will go.

I was able to use my FCC for an October 2022 TA.  But, that was because the person at Celebrity made a mistake in applying it to that cruise and they decided not to go back on the booking.

I hope that they extend the date again.  We are talking about 15 months to use more than a year of cancelled cruise FCCs.

• Like 1

We have FCC received from a pre-pandemic sailing (disembarked March, 2020) and wanted to use it on a Oct 3, 2022 NE/Canada sailing... lift & shifted from a similar Sept 2021 sailing.  The Celebrity rep was adament that we could not use it on that cruise... just a few days after the "sail by" deadline.  Rather than start barking up the management chain, we just decided to book a short sailing in Nov 2021.  This is presumably just what Celebrity hopes to accomplish... i.e., get cruisers to book sailings and get their pipeline started.

With Celebrity's latest Infinity cancellations, I've got FCC that are useless to me now with the time constraints..  I"m not letting go of my MSC YC fjord cruise next May, to book a Celebrity cruise that may or may not go at the last minute, considering just doing a little Alaska cruise in September, or just asking for full refunds & putting that $$ to next year's MSC.  So it's HAL in November, & MSC in May...  first time in a long time that Celebrity won't be earning any of or vacation dollars.

I realize that of course celebrity would love to have all ships sailing, but the way that the Constellation & Infinity cancellations over the last 3 years have been handled has left me with some sour grapes, if they had been treated like S or E class cancellations, I would be fine.    For now, I think I need a little break. 

Well, I ended up biting the bullet, & calling Celebrity today, after a 2+ hour phone call, I am booked on Millennium to Alaska in September.   The agent was incredibly patient, & managed to work things so that I could book & pay  the difference between what my 4 FCC will be & what I owe.... when my FCC are available from the cancelled cruise, I will call & they will apply them 

I really appreciate the agents help 🙂  

Note:  the cruise I booked is already at final payment.  

Celebrity need to extend the sail by date for Australians. We have a closed border, probably mid next year it may open. But the ships don't arrive for the season until late October (Celebrity usually sail October to April).

No cruises to book. We also sail from foreign ports but who knows when our border will open?