Canadians booking cruises while government has a no cruise advisory?

Gracelyn

27 minutes ago, lynn5555 said:

For cancellation insurance, aren't NCL deposits refundable? (advisories should be lifted before final payment date)

NCL's  Peace of mind policy is really giving you "peace of mind"

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence?intcmp=pdt_sl_PEACEOFMIND

According to NCL's Peace of mind policy you and your parties will be covered if any of you got Covid 14 days before your cruise or during your cruise.

If you purchase ground trip airfare from Air Canada ( I think other airlines the same) they will provide you free covid insurance from Manual Life Inc.( for trip under 21 days or so). So you will be well protected sea and land incase Covid hit you.

I purchased RBC cruise insurance for other medical emergency issues.

Now my worry is I need to have a covid test within 3 days before my flight back to Canada, but I will still be on the cruise then. I plan to flight back to Canada right after the cruise. So I hope I will be able to have the test on the ship

• Like 1

This, from Air Canada: 

COVID-19 Insurance provided and administered by Manulife

Policy updated: February 25, 2021

As part of our effort to help Canadians travel internationally safely and securely, effective February 1, 2021, Aeroplan Members making an eligible new booking with Air Canada originating in Canada will receive complimentary Manulife COVID-19 Emergency Medical Insurance underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife).

This Manulife COVID-19 Insurance covers eligible Canadian residents, who are Aeroplan Members, when travelling internationally on a booking made with Air Canada, for travel completed by October 31, 2021. Manulife coverage will be automatically included if eligible when booking is purchased, or flight is redeemed. There are no registration forms to complete and premiums are paid for by Air Canada.

• Like 1

So 2 thoughts on this.

1. have you tried different insurance companies? Specially NCLs insurance? I can’t believe they would sell you insurance that is null and void

2. IF you have to book a cruise to use FCC before it expires and IF you can’t get cancellation insurance for that cruise, would you book without it? It seems to me like if your money will expire there’s little harm in not having insurance on it. Fair notice, I never book cancellation insurance. I’m not a big believer in it. Medical yes, cancellation no. Cancellation insurance is quite expensive compared to medical (in the US), you can be self insured within a few trips of skipping it. 

57 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

2. IF you have to book a cruise to use FCC before it expires and IF you can’t get cancellation insurance for that cruise, would you book without it? It seems to me like if your money will expire there’s little harm in not having insurance on it. Fair notice, I never book cancellation insurance. I’m not a big believer in it. Medical yes, cancellation no. Cancellation insurance is quite expensive compared to medical (in the US), you can be self insured within a few trips of skipping it. 

Yes, it’s come down to that. We are going to book anyhow. For a few reasons. We need an accessible room and yes we need to book with our FCC by December/21

ive called 5 places. Waiting for one of my hopefuls. I did call NCL their cancellation is about 600$US so that may be our option. 
we’d hate to have to cancel and lose out the 11000$.