Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

I have the app on my phone and iPad but my phone is quite big and I don’t carry a handbag ( purse to those over the pond) on a cruise. We have a little older Iphone could I put the app on that as well so I can carry it around or do I indeed need to carry it on the ship if I have the medallion on and we could just use Husband’s phone to book or look anything up. 

15 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I'm having fun...NOT.

Since the new "improved" update, I once again have a middle name (I actually don't have one) and it's DH's middle name. My DOB is now switched with DH's DOB. This makes our passport info incorrect and, of course, the app AND the web version won't let me fix it. I mean, what do I know?

Had to fight w/the app to log in, finally got in and get the white screen for health status.

We're both Elite, but DH has the little blue thing on his picture.

Did I mention that the app and the web version ate ALL of our previously loaded pictures (security and personal).

Sent an email to the app fixers and got back a quick response with a request for more information. Now, I'm waiting for them to fix it. 🤞

Luckily, we have until November.

We had a similar issue probably ten years ago when adding a second cruise to an already-booked cruise to do back-to-back cruises.  After the second or third time of switched DOB, middle names and passport numbers, we realized that if one of us booked the first cruise and the other booked the second one, the booking agent would assign lead passenger as whomever was booking it and that seemed to be the trigger for the switch.  It made no sense at the time - they were separate reservations with different booking numbers, why wouldn't we each have independent profiles with our unique data regardless of who the lead passenger was - but the IT "fix" was telling us to make sure whenever we booked our cruises to use the same lead passenger, problem solved.  We've been relying on that "workaround" ever since.  Now that we're having mega issues with getting the MedallionClass App to work, I'm thinking that it could well go back to this corruption within the POLAR database contributing to our snafu.  (Thanks to @Steelers36 for correct terminology!)  I've talked with several Ocean Navigators about it, but to date have not had any follow up to get it resolved.  I would be grateful if you would come back to this thread to share your progress, please and thank you!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 2:18 PM, atexsix said:

Can somebody please clarify when we submit our health status?  It allows us to complete the health documentation in which you swear you've received the vaccination in time; but not the health assessment in which it asks if you have any covid symptoms or rather it lets you answer the questions but won't let you check the "I certify the info is correct" box.

The email from Princess this morning states "no later than 24 hours" but our dear Medallion app states "within 24 hours" so is this part of the issue and Princess misstated it?  

Within 24 hours, the app will let you check that box. I think it is a bug they haven’t corrected yet.

2 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

I have the app on my phone and iPad but my phone is quite big and I don’t carry a handbag ( purse to those over the pond) on a cruise. We have a little older Iphone could I put the app on that as well so I can carry it around or do I indeed need to carry it on the ship if I have the medallion on and we could just use Husband’s phone to book or look anything up. 

IF your "older" phone will let you load the app...yes. As a general rule, you won't even see the app as being available for your phone, if it's too old for the app's requirements. At least this is true for Android, not sure about iphones.

2 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

You can just use one phone with the app. We both just use my iphone.  

11 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Does everything look good on the website for your 2 world cruises? 

I would get customer relations involved with this one.  I have had issues in the past and they have called me to help.

You have emailed IT, I assume?

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

I would email customer relations for help.

Give your full names

booking numbers

ship and sailing dates 

Explain what happened and you need their help to straighten this out!

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

I’ve been emailing customer relations and the medallion email address since 4/26.  I’ve emailed them several times.  Between the Medallion not working, the nonexistent customer service and the really pathetic food we had on our two week Emerald cruise in February, I would really just like to cancel our two World cruises. They sure take the fun out of it. Our great roll call and the ports are making us hang in there, but we may not make it to final payment. 
Thanks for your help.  I just emailed customer service again.  The last time I talked to customer service it was a Thursday.  She said my problem would be escalated to the front of the line.  If they couldn’t fix it on Friday, they definitely would on Monday.  That was weeks ago. 🙄🙄🙄 

Edited by jeno

43 minutes ago, jeno said:

I’ve been emailing customer relations and the medallion email address since 4/26.  I’ve emailed them several times.  Between the Medallion not working, the nonexistent customer service and the really pathetic food we had on our two week Emerald cruise in February, I would really just like to cancel our two World cruises. They sure take the fun out of it. Our great roll call and the ports are making us hang in there, but we may not make it to final payment. 
Thanks for your help.  I just emailed customer service again.  The last time I talked to customer service it was a Thursday.  She said my problem would be escalated to the front of the line.  If they couldn’t fix it on Friday, they definitely would on Monday.  That was weeks ago. 🙄🙄🙄 

Wow!  Sorry to hear it’s not fixed yet.

If it looks good on the website, then I’d just do what you can ahead of time on the website and forget the app for a while.

Hope they can fix it for you.  
Take care.

8 minutes ago, amajaa said:

We are on a British Isles cruise soon and the Medallion App seems to think Portland ( Dorset , England) is in the United States . It’s got itself in a muddle there 🤣🤣

It is in the US.  We’ve moved over here from the UK!  😂

13 minutes ago, amajaa said:

We are on a British Isles cruise soon and the Medallion App seems to think Portland ( Dorset , England) is in the United States . It’s got itself in a muddle there 🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

THEY are in the US - at least 18 states have a town named Portland. 🥴  (And the majority are in landlocked states, go figure!)

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

51 minutes ago, kamelia said:

THEY are in the US - at least 18 states have a town named Portland. 🥴  (And the majority are in landlocked states, go figure!)

I assumed there must be places called Portland in the US as well, just thought it was funny the app thought the ship was going to sail over the Atlantic in a day and then back again in a day. Also that it hadn’t been programmed to differentiate. 

The other one that seems to confuse some TA websites as well as the Cruise Line websites is Santiago the maps always show the ship sailing from Spain to South America and then back to Spain in a day. There is another one like that, a popular cruise port in Spain that they confuse with somewhere in South America but I can’t think of the name , it will come to me tonight I’m sure. 

12 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I assumed there must be places called Portland in the US as well, just thought it was funny the app thought the ship was going to sail over the Atlantic in a day and then back again in a day. Also that it hadn’t been programmed to differentiate. 

The other one that seems to confuse some TA websites as well as the Cruise Line websites is Santiago the maps always show the ship sailing from Spain to South America and then back to Spain in a day. There is another one like that, a popular cruise port in Spain that they confuse with somewhere in South America but I can’t think of the name , it will come to me tonight I’m sure. 

Fingers crossed the app is fixed by December when we're supposed to be docking in Santiago, Chile, not Spain... 🤭

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

It also doesn't like the picture of my vax card

I don't know if it does or doesn't like our pics of our Vax cards.  I can see the pics but it just says "pending approval" for 4 days now.  Anyone have experience of how long it takes to get approval?

1 hour ago, DiRonT said:

I don't know if it does or doesn't like our pics of our Vax cards.  I can see the pics but it just says "pending approval" for 4 days now.  Anyone have experience of how long it takes to get approval?

That might be until the actual agent checks your documents at the port.  I questioned IT and they said don’t worry about it, just download if you can and leave it.  
Some have suggested it could be once you do the health questionnaire 24 hours before on the app.  
Please let us know if it updates after your 24hour update to the health secton or when you check in.  TIA

9 hours ago, jeno said:

Fantastic News! My medallion is fixed! I received a call from Chantelle from the medallion staff to say they worked on it today.  I checked and it appears to be in good working order. 
Thank you Cruise Critic friends for all of your help. 

4 hours ago, riffatsea said:
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, jeno said:

Fantastic News! My medallion is fixed! I received a call from Chantelle from the medallion staff to say they worked on it today.  I checked and it appears to be in good working order. 
Thank you Cruise Critic friends for all of your help. 

That is great!!!  Thanks for letting us know the great news!

Yeah!!!

23 hours ago, General Agent said:

Trying to upload my vaccine certificate but the app does not seem to accept PDF file.  Is this correct??

It would be helpful if the app would tell you what file formats it will accept....

Noted that as well. Seems to require a photo file format such as JPG, TIF, PNG etc. and attempting to use another format such as PDF results in a little error message saying "SNAP".  I had to convert my 2 page PDF document into a side by side photo and it accepted it, though the thumbnail image shows as very distorted.  It is still pending approval as well.

My wife and I will have to bring our test results to the port, as I won't be able to enter them digitally. Perhaps the online personalizer would let me do it tomorrow afternoon for our Saturday sailing, but I won't have computer access. I can't do it on the app, because since LAST SEPTEMBER the app has continued to put us on the wrong ship. Right date and location, but wrong ship. It's because on September 1 they cancelled the Sapphire and put us on the Royal. I have had multiple two- and three-hour sessions with Princess people at various levels. They finally DID at least get the medallion itself correctly connected to the right booking, but still have not fixed the database issue in the app.

At least we were able to do most of it online, but we can't do the final covid testing stuff, or set an embarkation time, or try to reserve anything else, because the app thinks we'll be on the Sapphire. I wonder if we'll even be able to use it for anything on the ship.

We get to Vancouver tomorrow and intend to get to the port early on Saturday. We're in a suite, so perhaps that will help. And we'll have all our documentation. I'm not worried about any of that, and we are really looking forward to a vacation. But I must say, I have never in my life had any experience even close to this one in terms of pre-vacation stress. It has been months, and lots of promises that have not been realized. At least our 2023 cruise looks to be accurate in the app as well as online, at least so long as they don't switch ships on us again. 

I am known to be very easy-going. I've used a lot of apps that have caused at least some degree of frustration, and have always managed workarounds or simply given up on the app. But this Medallion app is by far the worst app I have ever had to use.

5 minutes ago, Grislap said:

My wife and I will have to bring our test results to the port, as I won't be able to enter them digitally. Perhaps the online personalizer would let me do it tomorrow afternoon for our Saturday sailing, but I won't have computer access. I can't do it on the app, because since LAST SEPTEMBER the app has continued to put us on the wrong ship. Right date and location, but wrong ship. It's because on September 1 they cancelled the Sapphire and put us on the Royal. I have had multiple two- and three-hour sessions with Princess people at various levels. They finally DID at least get the medallion itself correctly connected to the right booking, but still have not fixed the database issue in the app.

At least we were able to do most of it online, but we can't do the final covid testing stuff, or set an embarkation time, or try to reserve anything else, because the app thinks we'll be on the Sapphire. I wonder if we'll even be able to use it for anything on the ship.

We get to Vancouver tomorrow and intend to get to the port early on Saturday. We're in a suite, so perhaps that will help. And we'll have all our documentation. I'm not worried about any of that, and we are really looking forward to a vacation. But I must say, I have never in my life had any experience even close to this one in terms of pre-vacation stress. It has been months, and lots of promises that have not been realized. At least our 2023 cruise looks to be accurate in the app as well as online, at least so long as they don't switch ships on us again. 

I am known to be very easy-going. I've used a lot of apps that have caused at least some degree of frustration, and have always managed workarounds or simply given up on the app. But this Medallion app is by far the worst app I have ever had to use.

Don’t stress over it.  The app just had an update, it’s not fully working yet for the vax and test updates, per IT.  
Anyway, definitely carry your docs with you.

Here’s an answer to what is acceptable:

The following formats are acceptable proof of a COVID-19 test: paper COVID-19 test results (original only; no photocopies accepted), digital or emailed COVID-19 test results; or record of COVID-19 testing from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification or personal electronic health record.

The negative COVID-19 test result must include:

• Where the test was administered, including name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test
  • Type of test (indicating it is a NAAT or antigen test)
  • A specimen collection date within the necessary time frame before cruise departure
  • Guest’s name and either date of birth, age, or passport number
  • A negative test result using words or phrases including: 
    • Negative
    • Undetectable
    • SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected
    • SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected
    • COVID-19 not detected
    • Not reactive

Test results marked “invalid” are not accepted.

You’re in a suite, you have priority boarding.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

I laid 3 A4 sheets of vaccination records on the floor and took a photo. The app seemingly accepted it although you would need a magnifying glass to actually read the documents!.

What a total waste of time and effort!

If it takes as long to get a drink through the app I will die of thirst!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, General Agent said:

If it takes as long to get a drink through the app I will die of thirst!

It could. DH ordered a drink while sitting on the aft "patio". Waited 30 minutes with the drink "in process". Finally flagged down a server & she delivered it in about 5 minutes.

He tried "bellying up" to the bar and that took just as long. There was no one at the bar who was dedicated to the people standing/sitting there.

Edited by JF - retired RRT