Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

19 hours ago, NownZen said:

If you ask for the same time every night in the choices, it only shows private tables. If you choose the next option, you can specify shared tables as well. The first night, ask to have the same table assigned and they will do that.

Thank you again- your suggestion worked! I wasn't able to get my preferred later time and settled for the latest available which was 620p in the aft dining room. Sadly the poorly designed app took an hour plus to accomplish it. I'll probably book a different cruise line for next cruise as this aggravation is not needed and we have Elite status on several lines. Hopefully posting below what I did will help anyone who wasn't able to booked shared dining: 

*Cancelled all my previously booked dining.

*Went day by day and clicked on times displayed until options came up showing shared table was available and booked that time. Of course Princess could show some consideration for their passengers and fix all of the problems we're encountering- in this case by telling how to navigate their touted app.

*Repeated this for each day & was fortunate to get the same time every night as . Will ask the maître 'd on nite 1 about getting the same table, servers & mates every night as on all our numerous prior sailings; but at least it won't be necessary to chase him or wait on lines.

Hope this helps other cruisers.

21 hours ago, ehogan said:

Can’t link my booking number in the app.  I get “this booking number has already been claimed”.  However in the cruise personalizer all is fine.  Anyone had this problem?

Ignore it. Just log in with username and password. This is also a common issue when people try to use the online version. Linking the booking gives that same error. Again, I simply ignore it and log in with username and password and all is well - at least on my phone and Laptop.

20 hours ago, NownZen said:

If you ask for the same time every night in the choices, it only shows private tables. If you choose the next option, you can specify shared tables as well. The first night, ask to have the same table assigned and they will do that.

That's not the way mine works. When I choose a time (there is no choice for "same time every night"), it displays the MDRs that are available. Some have private table AND shared, some only shared. Never seen only private.

We easily checked in for our first Celebrity cruise which took about 10 minutes on their app with no issues adding photo, passport, chargecard & to select a boarding time after our TA added our dining request…so easy unlike with the Princess app we’ve used many times. Another nice thing was viewing the daily menus to decide when we’d go to a specialty dinner.

Hopefully eventually Princess will provide a reliable app but after 5 years I’m not holding my breath.

• Like 2

So, my medallion app issues are somewhat unresolved, at least I can log in again, but cannot get past the blue zone (was previously green zone, then the unexplained meltdown 2 weeks ago merging my acct with my cabinmates account, which is still unresolved on the website...I log in and her info displays, weird, huh?.), but CS was personable and tried. I think the problem is that the code is clunky and not all scenarios have been addressed. I'll be the one wearing a sun hat at the desk, trying to check in in two weeks. Wish me luck.

3 minutes ago, andimark said:

I'm sure this was answered somewhere before, but I'll ask again anyway! ... can you reuse you medallion from a previous cruise? Thanks, Andrea.

No.  They have a sail date on them and they are inactivated after disembarkation. The same as the old cruise card.

Edited by t&atravel

23 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That's not the way mine works. When I choose a time (there is no choice for "same time every night"), it displays the MDRs that are available. Some have private table AND shared, some only shared. Never seen only private.

On the Dine My Way opening screen, the first choice is "Reserve for the same time each day". On this, I see only private tables.

Update: If I choose 5pm, it gives me a shared table option.  At 5:40pm there is only a shared table. 8:20pm has only private tables. So, as with all things on the app, YMMV.

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

We'll be on a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Ruby in Feb. Since vaccination will no longer be required may we ignore the part of the medallion app that requires uploading proof of vax? Thanks! 🙂

Why not just upload it & be done? Things can change in the 4 months until Feb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NownZen said:

On the Dine My Way opening screen, the first choice is "Reserve for the same time each day". On this, I see only private tables.

Update: If I choose 5pm, it gives me a shared table option.  At 5:40pm there is only a shared table. 8:20pm has only private tables. So, as with all things on the app, YMMV.

Wouldn't it considerate if Princess included an info screen for each segment of the app they've forced us to use so their paying customers would not have to do all the guessing we're forced to do!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

I keep trying & have had no luck. That's why I'm hoping I can ignore it. Lol.

in that case, I'd simply ignore ir and bring the document to the pier. IMO it's not right for Princess to burden us with their poorly designed app.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, NownZen said:

I wonder why different people get different choices (especially in DMW). I don't have "reserve for the same time each day". I have to go through each day individually. It's a PITA... 2 of my cruises are 15 days and one is 28 days.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 1965 said:

We'll be on a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Ruby in Feb. Since vaccination will no longer be required may we ignore the part of the medallion app that requires uploading proof of vax? Thanks! 🙂

Bring the docs to the port, just in case (if you decide to ignore the upload).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I wonder why different people get different choices (especially in DMW). I don't have "reserve for the same time each day". I have to go through each day individually. It's a PITA... 2 of my cruises are 15 days and one is 28 days.

This is what I see using the Apple version of the app…are you using Android?

4D223699-B93A-4851-B0C8-33D4E17875E9.jpeg

E39BC789-BE27-4B96-AB11-52A5C2185F49.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Update for Apple iOS devices:

C25ED05B-43AA-4A8E-BC5E-BF5F76CD7B57.jpeg

Okay, so I clicked "open" and got the following screenshot, but cannot go further. What am I missing? If "we've improved ..." means you are a Princess person, I'm thrilled to see the company is reading comments. However, most passengers seem to be very unhappy with the Medallion app. Completing passenger info & requests should be a simple process as it was before we were forced into this "improved" system.

C25ED05B-43AA-4A8E-BC5E-BF5F76CD7B57.jpeg.ff594049f8094a16b6aafcb44ea0ba7f.jpeg

7 minutes ago, luvdaislands said:

Okay, so I clicked "open" and got the following screenshot, but cannot go further. What am I missing? If "we've improved ..." means you are a Princess person, I'm thrilled to see the company is reading comments. However, most passengers seem to be very unhappy with the Medallion app. Completing passenger info & requests should be a simple process as it was before we were forced into this "improved" system.

C25ED05B-43AA-4A8E-BC5E-BF5F76CD7B57.jpeg.ff594049f8094a16b6aafcb44ea0ba7f.jpeg

Sorry…that was just a screenshot so you’ll need to go to the Apple App Store to download & install the update.

Maybe they need to use Celebrity’s developers whose app was trouble free at check-in when adding the required info 45 days prior to boarding.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Update for Apple iOS devices:

C25ED05B-43AA-4A8E-BC5E-BF5F76CD7B57.jpeg

Just noticed that the update is Update for Apple iOS devices and therefore does not work on my desktop, non Apple system. Hopefully the improvements will be systemwide soon. Sad however how much time & effort is needed for what once was a simple thing.

Just now, luvdaislands said:

Just noticed that the update is Update for Apple iOS devices and therefore does not work on my desktop, non Apple system. Hopefully the improvements will be systemwide soon. Sad however how much time & effort is needed for what once was a simple thing.

I completely agree…after 5 years it’s still an unreliable app for too many passengers.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

This is what I see using the Apple version of the app…are you using Android?

4D223699-B93A-4851-B0C8-33D4E17875E9.jpeg

E39BC789-BE27-4B96-AB11-52A5C2185F49.jpeg

The above appears to be the ON SHIP version of DMW which doesn't include the "Book Same Time for the Entire Voyage" option.  I have seen that option still there when OFF SHIP today. 

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The above appears to be the ON SHIP version of DMW which doesn't include the "Book Same Time for the Entire Voyage" option.  I have seen that option still there when OFF SHIP today. 

I am OFF SHIP & those app screenshots are from the Apple iOS version of the app.