Countdown......Fly Me to the Moon...........

Lois R

Lois,

My last name is not Spinnaker. Too funny!!!

I love to sail and did a lot of it when I was younger, including racing as a crew member.

Love the Spinnaker run. That is the reason for the name on cruise critic.

And yes Shrey is one terrific guy too. 

Tried to tempt me with the drinks of the day at the pool bar. And at the SALT bar.

It is a lovely venue. 

And the approach to the dining area sets the mood doesn’t it?

That small darkened hallway with the shadow boxes is a great touch. I meant to photograph it but I never did, perhaps you will and share it. 

Carlos also has a rolling bar and he brings his libations to the pool deck at lunch time on occasion. Fun.

Hope all continues to be spectacular!!

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I was never a big gin person before this cruise.......ahem.......love it now😁.

Welcome to the dark side! You, me, and Stumblefoot (I got him hooked on our Silver Cloud cruise).

Glad you're having a great time, and thanks for all of the live posts!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, we docked in Rhodes...easy peasy......walked up to the main area and around to that first Archway.  The only enrichment I can think of are the SALT demonstrations.......yummy food being cooked.  Guest Lecturers? There are a couple who discuss parts of Greece but I didn't attend.....found out one was today about Cyprus and one was about Photography........Don't know about how anything went.......their names are The Flemings.  Singers and Dancers...6 of them.......pretty good.....they did the Bohemian Rapsody Tribute last night. .....love those songs.😀

Love all of the fun details and background from Lois.  Almost like being able to travel along with you.  Glad that things are going well and that many of key speaker, program and entertainment options are happening.  Keep up the great sharing!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 242,262 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

On 7/13/2021 at 8:39 AM, Lois R said:

The only enrichment I can think of are the SALT demonstrations.......yummy food being cooked.😀

Enriching my tummy LOL

😄 Great that you are enjoying yourself. Just curious, is there a noticeable decrease in the size of tourists in Greece now versus pre Covid? 

18 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Are the they same couple who have a blog that is fairly well known?

Jon is currently blogging about the sites visited on this cruise (replete with photos) - I have been following along, experiencing vicariously. His most recent entry was Rhodes.

http://blog.jonfleming.co.uk/

15 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

Jon is currently blogging about the sites visited on this cruise (replete with photos) - I have been following along, experiencing vicariously. His most recent entry was Rhodes.  http://blog.jonfleming.co.uk

Great, interesting link to Jon Fleming's blog, visuals, etc.  Nice postings and bringing back enjoyable memories from our visiting Rhodes, Patmos, etc.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

8 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lois,

My last name is not Spinnaker. Too funny!!!

I love to sail and did a lot of it when I was younger, including racing as a crew member.

Love the Spinnaker run. That is the reason for the name on cruise critic.

Spins, I had a hunch that you might be a sailor based on your moniker on these boards and agree about the spinnaker run.  Seeing a fleet of racing sailboats with spinnakers flying is a gorgeous sight!  (My dad's hobby was sailboat racing - SORC, etc. - with his own sailboat and navigating for others including a12-meter...)      No wonder we love cruising so much 🙂 

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Like 1

Never mind - found the answer to my earlier query on Jon's site as he recently posted that Limassol's Old Town was pretty much devoid of tourists with many shops shuttered (exception being the waterfront). 

Edited by dogs4fun

12 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

Never mind - found the answer to my earlier query on Jon's site as he recently posted that Limassol's Old Town was pretty much devoid of tourists with many shops shuttered (exception being the waterfront). 

Wonder how much that had to do with the fires they just had in the area. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 1:15 AM, Lois R said:

Hi friends. We have a sea day today and all guests are having the covid test today.

I want to say the crew have all been wonderful during this challenging time. And someone mentioned that Seabourn pax can sit at the bars? I spoke with the Hotel Director about that at dinner last night and he said if that ship is here in the med? It is these rules from EU and CDC that SS is following. It is not how close each guest is to one another but the distance between the bartender and the guest. Maybe Seabourn has more space, I don't know

But these rules are not SS rules.

They are coming from higher authority and yes we have all been faxed but they are doing what they are told to do.

Maybe in the Carribean things are more lax

Who knows.

Still having a lovely time and going to Silver Note for dinner tonight. Elaine, will pass along your good wishes😀

Thanks for that Lois.😘

Did guests on this cruise receive branded luggage tags (along with any other customary items)?

I'm asking because I'm used to getting luggage tags and an iPad case from Seabourn a couple of weeks prior to sailing, and I haven't received anything from Silversea yet.  (My agent told me the cruise lines no longer send those out.  Not sure if he's correct?)

Edited by sfvoyage

9 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

I'm asking because I'm used to getting luggage tags and iPad cover from Seabourn a couple of weeks prior to sailing, and I haven't received anything from Silversea yet.  (My agent told me the cruise lines no longer send those out.  Not sure if he's correct?)

I may not have complete information, but I think several of the early cruisers on Silversea and Seabourn have said they did not receive anything shipped from the cruise line. I think things have been in such flux and subject to late changes that they just don't have the lead time to produce and send out packages.

1 minute ago, cruiseej said:

I may not have complete information, but I think several of the early cruisers on Silversea and Seabourn have said they did not receive anything shipped from the cruise line. I think things have been in such flux and subject to late changes that they just don't have the lead time to produce and send out packages.

That would make sense.  I won't expect anything then in the coming days.

30 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

Can Lois ,or anyone else let me know how soon before the cruise you can make dinner reservations?

Across the fleet, it is 120 days prior for the venues that allow reservations. 

It sounds like you make SALT reservations once you are onboard -- the morning of? Does anyone know how that process works?

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Unibok said:

Across the fleet, it is 120 days prior for the venues that allow reservations. 

It sounds like you make SALT reservations once you are onboard -- the morning of? Does anyone know how that process works?

Can you make as many as you want or are you limited per restaurant?

1 hour ago, fdnycruiser said:

Can Lois ,or anyone else let me know how soon before the cruise you can make dinner reservations?

Unibok is correct.  And, you can make them online up to, and including, 7-days before embarkation.

Also, you can book spa and excursions 180-days prior.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stumblefoot said:

As many as you want on different nights.  The system will not let you book more than one restaurant per night.

Thanks, I think one per night should work.  On the nights you don’t book on line, once one the ship is it pretty open or hard to get a reservation on the ship?  

3 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

On the nights you don’t book online, once on the ship is it pretty open or hard to get a reservation on the ship?  

It’s a breeze.  The only issue we’ve ever had was La Champagne (now known as La Dame) on Silver Cloud on a 7-night voyage.  Regardless, our Butler was able to get us in as some other passenger cancelled.  So, knowing 10-night cruises aren’t long enough for you, you won’t have any problems getting into all of the restaurants of your choosing.

42 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

It’s a breeze.  The only issue we’ve ever had was La Champagne (now known as La Dame) on Silver Cloud on a 7-night voyage.  Regardless, our Butler was able to get us in as some other passenger cancelled.  So, knowing 10-night cruises aren’t long enough for you, you won’t have any problems getting into all of the restaurants of your choosing.

Good to hear, thanks—-this will be the first cruise on Silverseas, been cruising Regent for a while.

• Like 2

Hi😀no reservations for SALT

It is Open seating and so is Atlantide. Just go when you are ready to eat and enjoy😀

We are in Mykonos today. Getting ready to go into town and stroll around😀

• Like 1