How do you sign up for the 4 MD rooms on the Edge?

TreeCity

I know this has probably been posted but I can not find the post. I know there are 4 different main dining rooms on the Edge, menus are about 25% different. I called Celebrity and they thought you signed up through cruise planner, then they came back and said no, you are assigned one MD room and have to sign up after the first day for the other MD rooms if there is available space.

Anyone currently on the Edge or has sailed on the Edge that can clarify for me? Thanks

If you are booked for Traditional Dining, either early or late, you will be assigned to one of the four MDR’s.  If you have Select Dining, you can go to any of them.  If you wish to make reservations for a specific restaurant and time for various nights, that is, indeed, made through the Cruise Planner.

• Like 1

Call and ask for select dining, if you already do you can make reservations online.  Book something around the time you want to go and adjust on board if you want.

FYI, reportedly, all their food comes from the same kitchen so you're allowed to pick the MDR exclusive items in other MDR restaurants.

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Call and ask for select dining, if you already do you can make reservations online.  Book something around the time you want to go and adjust on board if you want.

FYI, reportedly, all their food comes from the same kitchen so you're allowed to pick the MDR exclusive items in other MDR restaurants.

So if I am reading this correctly because I have 6pm dining that is why I can not make reservations for the other MDR online? I will check into changing to select dining. Thank you.

We had traditional dining at 6pm and selected Cyprus. After dinner the 1st night, we stopped and talked with the Madre de and was set up with one of the other MDRs, and we then set up one after another, dining in all 4.

No problem; no issues with ‘enough room’ and so on. Everyone is moving to the various MDRs so it is just standard to do. This was in Mar-Ap 2019 and you might be able to book earlier prior to getting on board, but I’d not be concerned, you’ll be able to dine at all.

See if anyone else who was on board Edge more recently.

Den 

Edited by Denny01

I liked trying the different dining rooms...but DH prefers going to one because he likes having the same wait staff... likes the rapport you develop over the course of a cruise. I like being exposed to a different dining room. Also more variety in menu... since the restaurant menu specialties don't change over the course of the cruise.

Thank you all. I called and changed to Selected Dining. The MDRs all showed up under dining after that to reserve.  I like having the same wait staff but since we can't table share yet this is a good time to give all the restaurants a try.  

@Bo1953 I couldn't use the cruise planner while having traditional dining. I was told when I called that traditional dining is one set MDR that they assign you to for the cruise, then if you want alternate MDR's you have to do so upon arrival the first day if there is availability (they failed to mention that with Select Dining you could do it yourself which is where all of you were so helpful).

Thank you all again  for your help!!

Anyone thinking of reserving do so now,  some days were already blocked as full for a couple of the restaurants.

• Like 1

We had select dining (before my wife  upgraded us to Aqua), and I was able to book reservations for the four main dining rooms before the cruise in the Cruise Planner. 

I normally enjoy Traditional Second Seating, for the same table, table mates and wait staff every evening, but with four different main dining rooms to chose from, Traditional was NOT our choice!

Keep in mind that all four of the Edge’s MDRs offer their specialty menu, also the regular Celebrity menu, but you can order any of the four menus from any of the four restaurants.  Meaning, even if you have traditional early or late dining and are assigned one of the four restaurants, you may order food from any of the other three.  We sailed Edge December 2019 and we’d be at Cypress and order a dessert from Normandie.  And we didn’t have to say “the tiramisu (or whatever) from Normandie”…we’d just say “I’ll have tiramisu” and the waitstaff knew what you meant.  They all share a kitchen and this is no problem.  We LOVED the four restaurant concept!!!  Each venue felt like a specialty restaurant!!

Also, I'm not sure when menus populate in the app, the sailing I'm on has had two MDR menus for day one for at least six weeks.  On night one X usually offers prime rib which is showing in the menu, to my surprise Normandie's exclusive offering (which can be ordered in any MDR) is tenderloin.  I have no choice but to order them both.  ha ha