Ship capacity?

Davevics25

9 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

the safe sail email received today, I believe stated since vaccinations required, ship (Bliss) will have 100 capacity available, no masking or social distancing, buffet open.  this is for Oct. 24, 2021

That language has been unchanged for a while now. I think the reference to capacity under the 100% vaccination section specifically refers to capacity in venues, rather than ship-wide capacity. Further down the page there is a reference to ship capacity:

• No Capacity Restrictions
    Appreciate the full Norwegian experience — all venues and experiences are entirely open.

Then further down the page it says:

• Controlled Guest Capacity
    We will initially control the guest capacity onboard each ship to provide even more space per guest.

• Like 2

?? beyond me to figure out, but hopefully will find out in  October.  would hopefully like  not to start out cruising again  on a 100 percent passenger ship, but will wait and see.  Have thought the venues would be under a limit, but haven't figured out the Ship capacity if any limits yet.  

On 7/1/2021 at 4:51 PM, Old & Retired said:

At 40% capacity, NCL will be losing lots and lots of money.

Losing some money is better than losing lots of money. If this is what it takes to get cruising started then I’m all for it.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:22 PM, PTC DAWG said:

I would think even 60% would look very empty...sounds glorious.  

I just sailed the RCCL Adventure of Seas out of the Bahama's in June.  We were at just under 30% capacity.  Official count was like 1050 people for a ship that holds about 3500 people.  It was awesome, but maybe could have about another 300ish people on board so you had a little more hustle and bustle.  But always a seat at every show, always a lounger right next to the pool, no lines at the bars.  Kind of like a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Edited by bstel
typo
  • Like 6

On 7/1/2021 at 9:10 PM, bkrickles1 said:

I've also been told by 2 different ncl cruise consultants that they are booking up to 60% capacity right now and that includes my sailing on the Joy in January.

Of course I understand that could change but it appears most are hearing that  60% number and I'd be super happy with that.

Hey bkrickles 1, I am on the 22 Jan 2022 Joy sailing.  Is that perchance the same as you?  I'd love to be at 60% capacity.  

1 hour ago, WarfRatWA said:

Hey bkrickles 1, I am on the 22 Jan 2022 Joy sailing.  Is that perchance the same as you?  I'd love to be at 60% capacity.  

I'm on the January 15th sailing and really excited for it. My last 2 cruises have been on the Escape and Encore and the Joy might be, for my needs, even better.

My pcc, who has been terrific, just emailed me yesterday saying that they are still not booking any sailings to full capacity.

She added that all the information right now is good until October 31st and that NCL will announce new info by August/September regarding sailings after that. Capacity limits, protocols, etc.

Bottom line, I don't think anyone really knows what capacities will be in January, but I'm optimistic that our sailings will not be at 100%.

IMO these sailings that have been going out the last couple of weeks at 30-40% are probably awesome in 1 way, but I think 60-70% would actually be a better capacity for the sake of the vibe in the various venues. Again, my opinion.

WarfRatWA, is your profile name a Grateful Dead reference?

Even if it's not, I'm going to happily think it is. Lmao!!

Happy sailing!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I'm on the January 15th sailing and really excited for it. My last 2 cruises have been on the Escape and Encore and the Joy might be, for my needs, even better.

My pcc, who has been terrific, just emailed me yesterday saying that they are still not booking any sailings to full capacity.

She added that all the information right now is good until October 31st and that NCL will announce new info by August/September regarding sailings after that. Capacity limits, protocols, etc.

Bottom line, I don't think anyone really knows what capacities will be in January, but I'm optimistic that our sailings will not be at 100%.

IMO these sailings that have been going out the last couple of weeks at 30-40% are probably awesome in 1 way, but I think 60-70% would actually be a better capacity for the sake of the vibe in the various venues. Again, my opinion.

Happy sailing!

Thank you for that information.  I am in Germany and can't seem to get the chat feature going (maybe its a time thing) on NCL.  Perhaps I will give it a try later tonight and see whats what.

I can't tell you how good it feels is to have someone recognize the reference on these boards.  Knowing someone who has been on the bus might be sailing along side is most comforting.

You never know. I'll be arriving and you'll be departing...we could easily meet up "Way down down, down by the docks of the city..."

Peace and Happy sailings to you and yours....

13 minutes ago, WarfRatWA said:

Thank you for that information.  I am in Germany and can't seem to get the chat feature going (maybe its a time thing) on NCL.  Perhaps I will give it a try later tonight and see whats what.

I can't tell you how good it feels is to have someone recognize the reference on these boards.  Knowing someone who has been on the bus might be sailing along side is most comforting.

You never know. I'll be arriving and you'll be departing...we could easily meet up "Way down down, down by the docks of the city..."

Peace and Happy sailings to you and yours....

Been a Dead fan since the late 70's and saw them with Jerry about a dozen times.

I've since seen just about every incarnation including Dead & Company for just about every show they've done in the NY area. Gonna see them twice next month, in fact. 

I was stationed in Germany for 3 years, 1985 - 1988, and loved every minute of it.

Half of my life
I spent doin' time for some other _ucker's crime

• Like 3

On 7/2/2021 at 7:09 PM, NW Pacific said:

the safe sail email received today, I believe stated since vaccinations required, ship (Bliss) will have 100 capacity available, no masking or social distancing, buffet open.  this is for Oct. 24, 2021

Hey NW Pacific, I just booked the 10/24 Bliss sailing today! I started a roll call if you're interested.

6 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Happy sailing!

When you say  "She added that all the information right now is good until October 31st", do you mean just about capacity etc or that there will be no further suspensions by NCL (that are within their own power) of sailings up to Oct? Thanks.

10 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

When you say  "She added that all the information right now is good until October 31st", do you mean just about capacity etc or that there will be no further suspensions by NCL (that are within their own power) of sailings up to Oct? Thanks.

Here's the applicable part of her email to me:

As of this moment, we have only gotten the full safety protocol information for sailings up to October 31st 2021. We have been very proactive in communication of changes this past year with due time for guests to plan accordingly. Our 100% vaccinated cruises starting this August through October 31st will not have mask mandates. It’s hard to speculate at this moment on what will be required for January 2022. I'm sure we will be announcing the safety protocols for our sailings after October 31st by August/September.  We are still currently not filling any ship for any date/destination at 100%.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2021 at 1:12 PM, toddw2u said:

I was told by an NCL rep that on September sailings aboard the Epic for the Western Med, capacity would be limited to 60%

Is NCL still going to hold out for 100% vax on 2021 sailings?

57 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

looked but did not see your roll call post, will keep checking, have so many questions to ask you and others; having one darn time getting online registration

Because I was looking in September not October. Geesh, embarrassing! I asked the admins to delete the one I created with the September date 😳 

Edited by Shellbelle28

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2021 at 7:55 AM, DarkStar8081 said:

Fare Thee Well, Levi Stadium, 2015.

Rats I couldn't upload a photo, but I don't think it would have posted anyway because I'm restricted.

So just Fare Thee Well, then.

I was at Levi for both shows...couldn't make Chicago.  First show was at Boreal Ridge in '85.  So pleased to see other cruisers from my tribe.

Peace!

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 6:24 AM, bkrickles1 said:

Been a Dead fan since the late 70's and saw them with Jerry about a dozen times.

I've since seen just about every incarnation including Dead & Company for just about every show they've done in the NY area. Gonna see them twice next month, in fact. 

I was stationed in Germany for 3 years, 1985 - 1988, and loved every minute of it.

Half of my life
I spent doin' time for some other _ucker's crime

Other hand, I've heard it said, its just as hard for the weight of lead.  Loved those days. Spring and fall tour season in New England. Living in Olympia now, but haven't seen their new incarnation 

On 7/1/2021 at 8:47 AM, JamieLogical said:

So far, the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity sailings have been around 40% capacity,

I need to book one of them, so I can enjoy more the ships goodies with no chair hogs 😄.  I'm on the NCL Bliss in January. I personally hope it sails with a reduced cap.