John announced Vista cruisers

jimbo5544

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

JH said today there was 2948 cruisers sailing tomorrow on Vista, 888 first time Carnival cruisers.  Very interesting

This is 75% capacity. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, KurtJ said:

It’s also worth noting that this means a maximum of 147 unvaccinated passengers so there will be very few under 12 aboard.

Most unvaccinated will be under 12. Considering the circumstances, don’t think that’s too bad

1 minute ago, geaux_aces said:

75% of double occupancy but only about 60% of max occupancy. It should feel pretty empty for those on board. 

Fast forward a month - I wonder if they have any upper limit in mind for when the Mardi Gras starts sailing.

I'll continue to wonder no doubt. At any rate, it is what it is !!

Tom

29 minutes ago, Soxfan04 said:

Most unvaccinated will be under 12. Considering the circumstances, don’t think that’s too bad

I read that there will be no exemptions given for unvaccinated children.  The FB pages are filled with disappointed families who requested exemption and denied.  I think John responded by saying that until after August, these first cruises will be 100% vaccinated cruises.  So no children under 12.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, June Bug said:

I read that there will be no exemptions given for unvaccinated children.  The FB pages are filled with disappointed families who requested exemption and denied.  I think John responded by saying that until after August, these first cruises will be 100% vaccinated cruises.  So no children under 12.  

There are several posts I've seen of exemptions for children and grandchildren.. so I wouldnt expect 0. 

To qualify as a vaccinated cruise they only have to hit 95%. Vaccinated doesnt mean 100%.

Edited by firefly333

Just now, June Bug said:

Which cruise, though? 

Since only july and august cruises have allowed exemptions, we know it's one of those. Read the multiple threads and I've seen posts elsewhere. There will be some children. Wait for the pictures. 

9 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Fast forward a month - I wonder if they have any upper limit in mind for when the Mardi Gras starts sailing.

Tom

Our family of 4 (two vaccinated teens) is on MG on 9/4.  I would love for it to be 60% of max occupancy! I'm sure by then they'll start moving that number up if these first several weeks are successful.

13 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

I am not sure there is an upper limit.  

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

There are several posts I've seen of exemptions for children and grandchildren.. so I wouldnt expect 0. 

To qualify as a vaccinated cruise they only have to hit 95%. Vaccinated doesnt mean 100%.

Vaccinated are the only ones they can NOW do

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Since only july and august cruises have allowed exemptions, we know it's one of those. Read the multiple threads and I've seen posts elsewhere. There will be some children. Wait for the pictures. 

In a statement, Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, said, “We appreciate the progress and support for our U.S. restart from the CDC and other key federal agencies; however, the current CDC requirements for cruising with a guest base that is unvaccinated will make it very difficult to deliver the experience our guests expect, especially given the large number of families with younger children who sail with us.  As a result, our alternative is to operate our ships from the U.S. during the month of July with vaccinated guests only.”   

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, June Bug said:

In a statement, Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, said, “We appreciate the progress and support for our U.S. restart from the CDC and other key federal agencies; however, the current CDC requirements for cruising with a guest base that is unvaccinated will make it very difficult to deliver the experience our guests expect, especially given the large number of families with younger children who sail with us.  As a result, our alternative is to operate our ships from the U.S. during the month of July with vaccinated guests only.”   

Nice job quoting a live news interview rather than written confirmation of facts from a corporation. 

5 minutes ago, June Bug said:

This certainly makes it sound like the second they are out from under the CDC requirements it will be back to normal regardless of vaccination status, and they are on the edge of their seats just waiting for that to happen since they haven't released any information on sailings beyond August. Interesting...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not for July cruises.  John Heald posted on FB that they’ve made a difficult decision to deny all exemptions for July.  

125D3B0A-5F16-4BEE-8A30-BFF682C78091.png

6 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

This certainly makes it sound like the second they are out from under the CDC requirements it will be back to normal regardless of vaccination status, and they are on the edge of their seats just waiting for that to happen since they haven't released any information on sailings beyond August. Interesting...

Right.  I think this has taken many that we’re cruising in July by surprise, as several with children are having to cancel their Vista cruise.  It’s on a Carnival Galveston FB page I’m on.  

8 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That's so true - as I know that there's additional space on the lifeboats too!   😄

Tom

Waiting a long time for that cha ching sound

11 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

Nice job quoting a live news interview rather than written confirmation of facts from a corporation. 

Go to FB, John Heald’s page.  He states July cruises are vaccinated ONLY.  This is the message no matter the source.  I’m cruising on Vista in July and am just wanting to share current info with others.  I’m sorry it’s disappointing as I understand, but your attitude towards me giving the info is puzzling.  

13 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Not sure I would say all bets are off, but they will have the advantage of watching the lines that are open to non vaccinated cruisers.  Interesting times for sure

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, June Bug said:

Not for July cruises.  John Heald posted on FB that they’ve made a difficult decision to deny all exemptions for July.

They said this originally but there are people on my July Vista roll call that have received exemptions for their children under 12.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1