New Promo Gift Cards

Ombud

PVP just informed me that the new gift card promo is out. 50 bonus card for each 500 card purchased, can buy multiples. Screenshot indicates 5/1/22 expiration date on bonus cards. No code needed -- 

• Like 1

What will you do with the gift cards when Princess decides to change the rules and and not honor the gift cards that you have paid good money for.  Note all the recent posts on how they have taken away perks that used to be included in your fare.  Maybe you didn't actually specifically pay for the discontinued perks in cash but you can be sure that you paid for them in your cruise cost.

DON

10 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

What will you do with the gift cards when Princess decides to change the rules and and not honor the gift cards that you have paid good money for.  Note all the recent posts on how they have taken away perks that used to be included in your fare.  Maybe you didn't actually specifically pay for the discontinued perks in cash but you can be sure that you paid for them in your cruise cost.

DON

Apply them to your ship board account.

I ordered some in the Mother's Day Promotion and  used them for excursions. It took just minutes to apply them to my ship board account for 3 Europe cruises, next year.  Saved $100 and now an extra 10% off, used my Princess Credit Card and earned points for what I spent. WIN WIN! 

It's unlikely that they will not honor gift cards even in the future unless they fold. 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1

Yes I'm upset that I lost loyalty OBC!! But as Jadn13 stated, they are good as cash UNLESS they fold. I owed 1403 on my December cruise + 1200 on my April cruise. So I just owe less. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

PVP just informed me that the new gift card promo is out. 50 bonus card for each 500 card purchased, can buy multiples. Screenshot indicates 5/1/22 expiration date on bonus cards. No code needed -- 

Are you sure you can get multiples snd get the deal in each?  I saw the fine print say only 1 per customer.  Or do you just buy a larger amount in one transaction and get bonus cards for each $500 increments?

6 minutes ago, shel003 said:

Are you sure you can get multiples and get the deal in each?  I saw the fine print say only 1 per customer.  Or do you just buy a larger amount in one transaction and get bonus cards for each $500 increments?

Many posters have reported buying and getting multiple gift cards on past promos.  I did it back in 2019.  Wife and I gave each other and ourselves.  We gave friends cards and they gave us cards.  Had kids give us cards (of course I recompensed them).  It seemed convoluted at the time and not really necessary as I learned.  I think multiple orders works.  I am sure some who have done this more than once will chime in eventually.  We got a total of 7 x $1,000 cards with $100 bonuses.  Bonuses were applied to past cruise bookings (which were subsequently cancelled and the down payments turned into FCC which has since been applied to yet another future booking). 

13 minutes ago, shel003 said:

Are you sure you can get multiples snd get the deal in each?  I saw the fine print say only 1 per customer.  Or do you just buy a larger amount in one transaction and get bonus cards for each $500 increments?

I ordered 3 $500 cards to get 3 $50 bonus cards. [1 per $500 card]  Here's the bottom of my receipt. 

20210702_180455.thumb.jpg.72fba3150ca774028d072ad0e5c461b3.jpg

I don't need the other 1500 until next April so I'll buy later in the year

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I ordered 3 $500 cards to get 3 $50 bonus cards. [1 per $500 card]  Here's the bottom of my receipt. 

20210702_180455.thumb.jpg.72fba3150ca774028d072ad0e5c461b3.jpg

I don't need the other 1500 until next April so I'll buy later in the year

Much easier this way.

When Princess had to cancel because of Covid a lot of folks that had purchased gift cards received the credit back from lost cruise in the form of the gift card.  I believe people were saying not only that but if they had thrown out the gift card itself because they had received their credit had a real problem getting any money back. I would buy the gift cards for sure (in fact I had a lot of gift cards applied to my sailing that was cancelled but I grew weary of waiting for Princess to actually give a refund for a cruise paid in full so I went to the credit card company and they granted the refund). No more gift cards for me..saving $50 is great but not worth the hassle if the covid risk should raise its ugly head again.

43 minutes ago, RJAM3 said:

When Princess had to cancel because of Covid a lot of folks that had purchased gift cards received the credit back from lost cruise in the form of the gift card.  I believe people were saying not only that but if they had thrown out the gift card itself because they had received their credit had a real problem getting any money back. I would buy the gift cards for sure (in fact I had a lot of gift cards applied to my sailing that was cancelled but I grew weary of waiting for Princess to actually give a refund for a cruise paid in full so I went to the credit card company and they granted the refund). No more gift cards for me..saving $50 is great but not worth the hassle if the covid risk should raise its ugly head again.

Actually refunds defaulted to FCC unless gift card refund was requested. I requested that on 1 cancelation (had 7) so that I wouldn't be out of pocket for taxes / fees / port expenses / insurance on rebooked cruises. Yes they had to find the #s for me bc I had tossed them (were applied to 3/20 Grand Princess cruise .... ugh).

21 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

How many are you permitted to purchase?

Thanks

I bought 3 ... will spend all this year. On another thread ppl are writing that they initially deny multiples (for some ppl / not everyone), then send an email asking you to call, then ask a few verifying questions claiming the bank blocked it, then send it onto resolution, then email the cards to you. That process took an hour for me ---- I bought three $500 cards and got three $50 bonus cards