Princess Gift Cards, $500 will get you $550 total

CruiseVA

12 hours ago, MarinerBoy said:

How can people justify spending $500+ during a pandemic and so much uncertainty?

You have 0 clue what will happen to you physically, emotionally or mentally months from now.. there could be work restrictions, family restrictions, government restrictions, more outbreaks, unexpected delays, cancelations.

No one is that well off financially to be able to gamble with $500, many of us are barely scrapping by after the blow to the economy from cv19.

And if by chance your gift card can be salvaged due to a cancelation you are then stuck to find another Princess cruise, locked as a trapped customer.

Can you see its a massive cash grab by Princess to help fuel the recovery and its the cruise passengers often noted for their easy tourist dollars and poor financial intelligence who are lining up to bolster Princess treasury, wake up people.

well it's my decision.  The needs of the many out weight the need of the one, and I have a lot of friend here and else where that are counting on me as I am on them.(thank you all 😉) If I'm financially willing and able to contribute to Carnival corps bottom line and they provide me/ us with a service then no harm done. 

• Like 5

On 7/3/2021 at 5:17 PM, CruiseVA said:

Time again for the Princess Girt Card 'sale' - if you buy a $500 card you'll get another $50 card for 'free' . While it indicates that there is a limit of one, I purchased 5x$500 cards and got 5x$50 extra gift cards. https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/overview/gift-cards/

Did you buy all 5 at once or in separate transactions?

8 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

We purchased $2000 gift cards each yesterday.  One purchase was 4x$500 and the other 1x$2000.  Gift cards and bonus cards received this morning.

I also made a purchase yesterday.  I received notification immediately, credit card has pending notice, but I have not received any email.  Are there codes on these?  I can't imagine just telling my TA that I have these electronic vouchers to get credit?   Must have account numbers/pin....etc?  Are they coming in a email receipt?  

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I also made a purchase yesterday.  I received notification immediately, credit card has pending notice, but I have not received any email.  Are there codes on these?  I can't imagine just telling my TA that I have these electronic vouchers to get credit?   Must have account numbers/pin....etc?  Are they coming in a email receipt?  

Card number and pin are included with the actual card.   I received 4 emails for each transaction.   Confirmation, card, bonus card and receipt.   When I checked my 2nd email address and viewed the cards I purchased using that address, it generated an email to my primary email account indicating the cards had been viewed.

Now to sprinkle them around booked cruises.   

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There are codes and pin numbers on each.
I purchased this morning and the Bonus cards came immediately!  I am having the others mailed to me as regular cards in case we decide to bring them on the cruise rather than putting them towards the cruise fare.

I am going to put the Bonus card amounts toward my April/2022 cruise since those bonus cards expire 5/1/22.
I had wanted to post them now toward my Nov/22 cruise but the rep said they won't be honored because it is after the expiration date.  I thought if I posted them NOW they would be covered since they are not yet expired, but was told "no".

Just received an email from Princess.  Order was cancelled.  They could not verify purchase.  So I called them.  Nice agent....has to get approval....waiting....waiting....waiting....to see what happens next

1 minute ago, suzyed said:

I am going to put the Bonus card amounts toward my April/2022 cruise since those bonus cards expire 5/1/22.
I had wanted to post them now toward my Nov/22 cruise but the rep said they won't be honored because it is after the expiration date.  I thought if I posted them NOW they would be covered since they are not yet expired, but was told "no".

IDK which rep (PCL or Gift Card), but believe this to be wrong.  I have applied bonus card values to bookings where sail date > bonus expiry date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just received an email from Princess.  Order was cancelled.  They could not verify purchase.  So I called them.  Nice agent....has to get approval....waiting....waiting....waiting....to see what happens next

Should be just a credit card glitch.

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Both DH and I got a text to verify our purchase immediately after we bought them. We had to text "1" to verify that we made the purchase.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

IDK which rep (PCL or Gift Card), but believe this to be wrong.  I have applied bonus card values to bookings where sail date > bonus expiry date.

I "chatted" and phoned the the Gift Card people and that is what they both told me, although on the phone call the guy then admitted he didn't understand the question!  LOL!  He gave me another number to call so when I do I will update their response.

Edited by suzyed

14 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I used our bonus cards as payments on our Dec 2022 cruise yesterday - no problem.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, suzyed said:

That’s incorrect.

They just need to be applied by that date.. 

I did this last week with my bonus card and didn’t have an issue.

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Same thing happened to me.  I had to call, and then less than 15mins later everything was approved/processed.  I was expecting a longer wait for "verification", but it was much quicker. 

14 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Same thing happened to me.  I had to call, and then less than 15mins later everything was approved/processed.  I was expecting a longer wait for "verification", but it was much quicker. 

Just received all cards (base plus bonus) electronically.  Glad that this is done with.  I sure hope this is a sign that my cruising will begin sooner than later.  E-cards came with numbers and pins.  

Now, I would like the Medallion Class App to be stable.  But that is on a different thread.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Card number and pin are included with the actual card.   I received 4 emails for each transaction.   Confirmation, card, bonus card and receipt.   When I checked my 2nd email address and viewed the cards I purchased using that address, it generated an email to my primary email account indicating the cards had been viewed.

Now to sprinkle them around booked cruises.   

17 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Related question: Do you apply gift cards to a future cruise right away, or wait until final payment looms and why?  I can see pros and cons for both.

"Spend" the bonus cards by making additional deposit payment.  Sit on the "base" gift cards until FP Date.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, MarinerBoy said:

My point is that just because you can afford to spend $500 on a gift card, doesn't mean you should and in most cases with any type of gift card its a waste. Gift cards have been economically studied for years and have been proven to time and time again benefit the corporation not the user.

Unless your cruise is next week you most definately should NOT be buying gift cards.

Any other decision will shine light on your poor money management and financially savvy mindset, yes I am calling those out who are foolish enough to partake in this ridiculous promotion.

That's Really Outlandish and Laughable Language you've chosen to use.

You do know that, don't you?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

"Spend" the bonus cards by making additional deposit payment.  Sit on the "base" gift cards until FP Date.

That was kind of my thought process, but since they credit them back if the cruise was to be cancelled it wouldn't hurt to get them applied in the extremely unlikely case they got lost etc. I would still keep one back for a possible deposit as I don't have any FCD's remaining 😒

4 hours ago, suzyed said:

There are codes and pin numbers on each.
I purchased this morning and the Bonus cards came immediately!  I am having the others mailed to me as regular cards in case we decide to bring them on the cruise rather than putting them towards the cruise fare.

If I want to bring them to be used on the cruise, I must get the "regular" cards and not the eCards?

2 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

If I want to bring them to be used on the cruise, I must get the "regular" cards and not the eCards?

You can use both on the ship, E and Plastic gift cards 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1