Royal's start up vs carnival's

According to a live report on carnival board. There is around 2900 passengers onboard horizon that sailed yesterday out of Miami. Pretty much the same as Vista out of Galveston so I guess the difference is not Texas vs Florida

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Small percentage. Most are not getting them. My sept roll call is waiting hoping to get their kids onboard.  Dont know the percentage but it's small. Lol crashed the system so many applied, so they are spacing it out, to get exemptions.

firefly333 is this the Vista cruise?  I was on that one b2b  9/11 - 9/25 but cancelled back in may. 

28 minutes ago, zpdw484 said:

According to a live report on carnival board. There is around 2900 passengers onboard horizon that sailed yesterday out of Miami. Pretty much the same as Vista out of Galveston so I guess the difference is not Texas vs Florida

This is why I am kinda glad I turned down my free balcony this summer on Carnival for Freedom. They have no social distancing going on. Still got crowds and lines from you tube blogs? I have enjoyed my Carnival cruises and just did Horizon in 2019 but I wouldn’t put it past some people to have used fake documents? But honestly that could happen on any line but maybe safer if still at 25 percent capacity. 

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

firefly333 is this the Vista cruise?  I was on that one b2b  9/11 - 9/25 but cancelled back in may. 

Yes I'm still booked and added another carnival solo rate end of oct for breeze which had a better rate, rest are rcl. In my signature. I forget now why you cancelled its been so long. Cant wait.

1 hour ago, Thenagers said:

They have no social distancing going on.

Don't need it if everyone is vaccinated

as far as kids less than 5% (have heard of NO adults that were granted exemptions) and according to the pro Anti-vaxxer's own postings, they are nothing to worry about.

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes I'm still booked and added another carnival solo rate end of oct for breeze which had a better rate, rest are rcl. In my signature. I forget now why you cancelled its been so long. Cant wait.

It was because of the uncertainty of the dreaded mask wearing and rumored ship only excursions for all.  I'm looking at September 2022 same ship.  

1 hour ago, Thenagers said:

This is why I am kinda glad I turned down my free balcony this summer on Carnival for Freedom. They have no social distancing going on. Still got crowds and lines from you tube blogs? I have enjoyed my Carnival cruises and just did Horizon in 2019 but I wouldn’t put it past some people to have used fake documents? But honestly that could happen on any line but maybe safer if still at 25 percent capacity. 

Am I the only person who this sounds really appealing to? Back to normal for a week, no masks, no social distancing, etc and the added benefit of Caribbean sun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Am I the only person who this sounds really appealing to? Back to normal for a week, no masks, no social distancing, etc and the added benefit of Caribbean sun.

Sounds very appealing to me. I want to go have fun. I want to go socialize, I want to go meet people,  I want to venture off in Port without the ship bubble, I want as close to a normal experience as I can possibly get. I have no desire to pick up another face diaper EVER. Lower occupancy sounds great in a way but I really have no desire for a situation where everyone stays to themselves in their own little groups and acts scared too death of each other. That's just not what a  Royal Caribbean cruise is all about to me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

None of the ships are registered in the US. Why not have passengers provide copies to the ship's chief health officer electronically while in international waters? This would require a cutoff prior to the previous sailing returning to port. I have no idea if that would actually work but the entirety of the transaction would be outside of the state of Florida. 

This does not seem to be necessary. Celebrity Edge sailed from FLL with greater than 95% vaccinated passengers on board. They did it so other lines can do it too. As far as I'm aware, Florida did not say "boo" when Celebrity was asking their passengers to VOLUNTEER their vaccine proof.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2021 at 2:43 PM, John&LaLa said:

Hold Harmless 🤣

We sailed Carnival a lot in the 90's never heard of that

I didn't know any better or any other circumstances, but I can tell you we have other friends who travel on Carnival and have a wonderful time.  

• Thanks 1