How do YOU define “bucket list destination”

zekekelso

7 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Have you spent much time in Brussels?

A few days, mainly passing through to other places. My abiding memory is the number of beggars pestering you - not my favourite city.

My bucket list has 1 item: live life to the fullest. 

See and do all I can so that one day, I can die knowing I lived a great life. I'm not one to check off a list only to gripe about the points I missed. Instead, celebrating the ones I hit.

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

My bucket list has 1 item: live life to the fullest. 

See and do all I can so that one day, I can die knowing I lived a great life. I'm not one to check off a list only to gripe about the points I missed. Instead, celebrating the ones I hit.

well said...... but i generally do not hit them... i stop first....lol

On 7/6/2021 at 10:09 AM, cruisemom42 said:

Actually, I would hope that I die before my bucket list is complete. I think having something to look forward to/dream about is important.

I agree.  But, our ultimate "bucket list" journey has to be what will that "eternal cruise" be like.  

On 7/6/2021 at 6:41 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Each of us (those of us who think) has his own bucket -- and an unlimited bucket is too unweildy, so it is best to not make it too large.  Every now and then you might want to swap something out - because you've already done it - or it is no longer of interest.  But, for some of us, the really special things remain in our buckets - because you can never get enough of them.

That is exactly where we are with places like Italy, Greece, Thailand, Australia, etc.  All for different reasons.

The thing is that even though we have visited some of these countries multiple times we always find new places to explore or familiar places that we want to re-visit.  So we often combine them with other trips to places we have never been