Back2Back question

luv2travel90266

We will be ending a cruise in Copenhagen arriving at 7AM and starting the second cruise departing 5PM on same day, same ship & same room #. Would like as much time as possible to spend in the city. Do you have to go through the registration process a second time or just get to the ship 30 minutes before they leave? I am a newbie on Azamara so don't know their process. 

You will go through registration on the ship the day before the first one ends :).  I believe the drill does not have to be done on the second cruise as you're not changing sectors on the ship.  I personally wouldn't wait that long to get back on the ship though

• Like 2

Thank you.  I never cut it that close. Just trying to determine how much time we might have to tour. Glad they have figured out a better way to shorten the lines for the new passengers boarding and allow those continuing on more time in town.

45 minutes ago, laurieb said:

You will go through registration on the ship the day before the first one ends :).  I believe the drill does not have to be done on the second cruise as you're not changing sectors on the ship.  I personally wouldn't wait that long to get back on the ship though

Yes, we almost always do B2B and can confirm @laurieb's post. An information meeting will be held the day before for all B2B cruisers at which information packages plus new keycards are handed out.

My only addition is . . . you need to sign off the first cruise with the keycard from that cruise and sign on the second cruise with the new keycard.

However, you cannot sign on to the second cruise until all departing passengers from the first cruise have signed off.

The sign off and on can be done at either a pre-arranged time for all B2B cruisers (around 9 or 9.30), usually in the Cabaret Lounge,

or

if you wish to go exploring before that time, sign off the first cruise as you leave the ship (ensuring you have your new card with you) and simply sign on to the second cruise as you re-board after exploring.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Sometimes and depending on the port it's all very straightforward. Others, not so much and occasionally it's a real pain. The nice thing is you know you are staying on for the next cruise!

I wish they'd find a way for b2bers to be issued with a key card that does for their whole trip. There must be a way to do it  

Phil 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Great information as we are doing B2B on our first Azamara cruises. 
Are we able to sign up for specialty restaurants that last morning of the first itinerary before we disembark and return on the second? 

Usually can make specialty reservations at the b2b meeting on the last full day of the first cruise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, laurieb said:

Yes ... one of the joys to us of a b2b is skipping the muster drill lecture on the 2nd leg! ... 🙂 ...

• Like 2

Thanks!  So it sounds as if there is not an actual policy but knowing these suggestions is helpful. 
Regarding the B2B ‘meeting’. Is this an actual attendance gathering that occurs? 
We have sailed B2B on Viking and they do change your key card for the following itinerary, but it’s an easy process. I don’t remember it being a big issue on HAL either. I agree Phil, it would seem in today’s world of technology they could figure this one out. 
and I agree that missing the muster is a genuine bonus!

9 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Thanks!  So it sounds as if there is not an actual policy but knowing these suggestions is helpful. 
Regarding the B2B ‘meeting’. Is this an actual attendance gathering that occurs? 
We have sailed B2B on Viking and they do change your key card for the following itinerary, but it’s an easy process. I don’t remember it being a big issue on HAL either. I agree Phil, it would seem in today’s world of technology they could figure this one out. 
and I agree that missing the muster is a genuine bonus!

Yes the b2b meeting is an actual meeting venue varies depending on the number of b2b passengers but often in the library.

As Phil says the procedure on the day varies this is dependant on local regulations, some ports require all passengers to disembark and pass immigration others don’t.

As to the key card this is possible due to the folio number for each cruise being different for the onboard account.

You can have a leisurely breakfast in your cabin while the departing passengers leave the ship. As you are usually centrally docked you can wander into town and explore. Passengers start embarking from about noon but you can eat out, sightseeing and have fun knowing g your belongings are safely installed and there is no unpacking to do. B2b is a greater experience and b2b2b is even better!!!

• Like 2

I have never had to attend a B2B meeting, and we have sailed on a number of them on different lines,  so this is a new one. In the past we received written communication on what we needed to know.  Thanks for the clarification. 
I would love to do a triple B2B but we will be leaving our now 18 month pup for our first extended trip. 

On 7/4/2021 at 9:54 PM, Vineyard View said:

Are we able to sign up for specialty restaurants that last morning of the first itinerary before we disembark and return on the second? 

I don’t remember whether it was the last morning, but yes you could do it before the end of the first cruise.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 10:57 AM, Vineyard View said:

have never had to attend a B2B meeting, and we have sailed on a number of them on different lines,  so this is a new one. In the past we received written communication on what we needed to know.  Thanks for the clarification.

We were on the a Pursuit B2B in Jan-Feb 2020. There was no B2B meeting. We got a packet with our new cards. There was no meeting on the last day/first day in Buenos Aires to check in/out. Our butlers organized our move and we had access to the cabin all day. We did have to attend muster because we were in a different muster station. YMMV!

59 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

We were on the a Pursuit B2B in Jan-Feb 2020. There was no B2B meeting. We got a packet with our new cards. There was no meeting on the last day/first day in Buenos Aires to check in/out. Our butlers organized our move and we had access to the cabin all day. We did have to attend muster because we were in a different muster station. YMMV!

I like this method a lot. Thank you for sharing. 

2 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I like this method a lot. Thank you for sharing. 

There's always been a meeting on all the b2bs I've done, but you aren't forced to attend them. It's just useful to go if you are unsure of the detail or want to ask a question. I must admit, I don't bother going now as I know what to do. Just wait for the key card and instructions pack in the door. 

Phil 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you Phil for that clarification. Good information 

Where they hold the meeting is also very dependent on how many people are doing b2b cruises. I've had them held in the Drawing Room with so few and in the cabaret lounge when there were many!  It is actually quite nice and exciting to go to them and see others who you will run into again. 

Phil 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Where they hold the meeting is also very dependent on how many people are doing b2b cruises. I've had them held in the Drawing Room with so few and in the cabaret lounge when there were many!  It is actually quite nice and exciting to go to them and see others who you will run into again. 

Phil 

I agree!  It is nice to see who else is staying on

• Like 1

Different question. We reserved a Continent suite on our B2B. What would the process be to change staterooms between itineraries- meaning would all hanging items need to be repacked along with all else, or could they be transferred on hangers? Trying to determine if worth the hassle. Thank you