What to drink on Premium package?

Bruin Steve

On 7/6/2021 at 10:26 AM, patty1955 said:

We use our Premium Package to have the sommelier choose appropriate wines for our dinner. The first time, they did an excellent job and were tipped appropriately at the end of the cruise.  The second time (on a culinary cruise) they picked the lowest priced wine that was white for fish or red for beef. We're not wine experts but we could tell the difference. We did not tip them.

Having only been to the MDR 3 or 4 times it was my experience that the sommeliers were extremely overworked.  Specialty dining does better.  However I would just choose some of the more expensive wines and see what your taste buds like.  IMHO even the premium package comes up short with wine.  I always end up spending more.

Does the Edge stock Limoncello?  I didn't see it on the beverage listing. On other cruise lines, we've had in an Italian specialty restaurant and another offered it at an additional cost at the end of a meal (with a keepsake shot glass).  

2 hours ago, CarolCoupon said:

Does the Edge stock Limoncello?  I didn't see it on the beverage listing. On other cruise lines, we've had in an Italian specialty restaurant and another offered it at an additional cost at the end of a meal (with a keepsake shot glass).  

I am not sure.  We always had this in the Tuscan restaurant on S class.  However it did not match up with typical Italian limoncello purchased on land.

I was never offered any limoncello in the specialty restaurants on Edge.

Edited by NMTraveller

3 hours ago, CarolCoupon said:

Yes.  The problem is Limoncello varies from delicious to dreadful.  European cruises have had a selection of them.  American departures few and sometimes not available. 

Thinking of upgrading to the premium package and wondered if any of the flavoured Gins are available..?

Very popular in the UK are full strength infused Gins at the moment.

Beefeater do a nice blood orange gin and Gordon’s do a lemon one as well.

Just a couple of the vast array of popular infused gins currently available.

chin,chin.

bottoms up!

mklions..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mklions said:

Thinking of upgrading to the premium package and wondered if any of the flavoured Gins are available..?

Very popular in the UK are full strength infused Gins at the moment.

Beefeater do a nice blood orange gin and Gordon’s do a lemon one as well.

Just a couple of the vast array of popular infused gins currently available.

chin,chin.

bottoms up!

mklions..

They’re not listed. This came up once maybe two years ago, and no one had seen them onboard. The US market, which is what Celebrity seems to pull from and mimic, has tended to flavored vodka. There are some infused gins theoretically for sale around here, but I don’t know that I’ve seen one in the store. 

Louis XIII with Red Bull as a chaser    You just have to pay the difference over the limit plus 20% gratuity.    It will be a experience you will never forget 

Drink up and go for it.  🍹🍺🍸🍷🥤🤷‍♂️🥃