Britannia repositioning to Barbados

devonport

7 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Hope so as well we’re also on that one

We are not, but I hope it does go as we are thinking of joining one of the early fly cruise. Last time we were on Brittania in the Caribbean we were chatting to a lady who did the repositioning cruise and the booked on board to stay for another 2 weeks, then did it again. She was then off down to the sales desk to see if she could stay on. That was 6 weeks + the initial trans Atlantic. Alright for some.🤣

41 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are not, but I hope it does go as we are thinking of joining one of the early fly cruise. Last time we were on Brittania in the Caribbean we were chatting to a lady who did the repositioning cruise and the booked on board to stay for another 2 weeks, then did it again. She was then off down to the sales desk to see if she could stay on. That was 6 weeks + the initial trans Atlantic. Alright for some.🤣

I wonder how she managed to sort out a return flight - staying on because there is a spare cabin is one thing, getting a return flight to the UK,  especially to a specific airport, could be tricky.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I wonder how she managed to sort out a return flight - staying on because there is a spare cabin is one thing, getting a return flight to the UK,  especially to a specific airport, could be tricky.

The way she was talking, I wouldn't be surprised if she stayed on till Southampton🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

The way she was talking, I wouldn't be surprised if she stayed on till Southampton🤣

Hmm - I'm not sure that an entire Caribbean season on Brittania ( or any cruise ship) appeals that much. Mind you, I could give it a go ! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Hmm - I'm not sure that an entire Caribbean season on Brittania ( or any cruise ship) appeals that much. Mind you, I could give it a go ! 

About half way through, none of the clothes would fit me.🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

About half way through, none of the clothes would fit me.🤣

None of mine would fit halfway through the second week!  My shoes and jewellery would probably be ok though 😭

• Haha 1

The situation on these or any other Caribbean cruises is a very grey area it would appear.  I spoke to Holiday Extras about insurance for one on 10th December (Azura) and was told it is uninsurable at present due to countries individual entry requirements and UK government travel advisories (nothing to do with traffic light system which only applies on return to UK. They called it "Russian Roulette booking"! My post under July 19th topic explains their reasoning.