Royal Up Suite Benefits

1 hour ago, WeatherFx said:

If you bid on and get Grand Suite with RoyalUp, do you get the suite benefits with the upgrade such as the concierge lounge? (I know you don't get the C&A points.)

I was told if you royal up to a suite, not booked originally you do not get suite benefits.

I read the opposite of the last post. Hmmm 

Shame about the pts to me.

Edited by firefly333

56 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I was told if you royal up to a suite, not booked originally you do not get suite benefits.

Shame about the pts to me.

Unless the rules have changed, you definitely DO get the suites benefits - including a Genie if you’re upgraded to Star Class as well as all of the SC perks - drinks and food packages.  I doubt this has changed post-COVID.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

You don't get the double points if not already in a suite, otherwise you get all the perks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

The previous post is correct.  The only thing you do not get is the Double pts.

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Unless the rules have changed, you definitely DO get the suites benefits - including a Genie if you’re upgraded to Star Class as well as all of the SC perks - drinks and food packages.  I doubt this has changed post-COVID.

Great news. Maybe they meant you dont get suite pts. 

Awesome

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

You get the perks, but not the extra points.

You get the points from your original booking but you cannot RoyalUp to SC unless you are already in a suite so the points will be the same.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

You get the points from your original booking but you cannot RoyalUp to SC unless you are already in a suite so the points will be the same.

I am booked in an OB-D2 and have the option to bid up to GS.

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Not true. You can do a Royal UP to any of the suite classes from any cabin category. You would only get the points associated with that original booking. You'd get double points if you did a bid from a JS or above.

Edited by orville99

18 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Then you will get the points associated with OB-D2

I know that, stated in my original post. Was asking about the suite perks if I RoyalUp to suite. The only reason I replied to your post was because you said I had to be in SC to RoyalUp to higher SC, unless I misunderstood your post.

45 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not true. You can do a Royal UP to any of the suite classes from any cabin category. You would only get the points associated with that original booking. You'd get double points if you did a bid from a JS or above.

I have never seen a RoyalUp offer to Star Class from any non-suite category.  Not saying it can't happen...just never heard of someone in a non-suite getting an offer to RoyalUp to Star Class.

17 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I have never seen a RoyalUp offer to Star Class from any non-suite category.  Not saying it can't happen...just never heard of someone in a non-suite getting an offer to RoyalUp to Star Class.

We have on several occasions, but we never bid unless we are already booked in a JS.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

With RC cruising at a limited capacity, they probably have more to offer with Royal up

• Like 1

It used to be explained somewhere in the "Royal Up" FAQ that you cannot go from non suite to Star , there is a limit to how many categorize you can jump. On the cruise that we were upped to Star,  our "Genie" told us only Sky can be Upped to Star , but that was prior to Covid. Suites for our cruise have been sold out for a while although one or two lofts keep popping up. I would think with the possibility of quarantine that the suites would go faster than usual for the size and balcony alone.

34 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

There was a limit to the number of categories that you can jump in the Royal Up FAQ. Dont know if still true. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Great news. Maybe they meant you dont get suite pts. 

Awesome

Yup. When we went from Sky to  Star  they refunded our dining plan and deluxe beverage plan as well as for a bottle of Cliquot we had ordered ; they refunded to the original form of payment instead of to our on board account . This was a nice surprise! 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 1:44 AM, forgotmyCCname said:

Yup. When we went from Sky to  Star  they refunded our dining plan and deluxe beverage plan as well as for a bottle of Cliquot we had ordered ; they refunded to the original form of payment instead of to our on board account . This was a nice surprise! 

Did you have to call to initiate this refund or was it automatically done? If so any upgrade bid here should take the unlimited dining package into account for what you would pay to bid I guess.