Impossible to Obtain Full Cash Refund on RCI Cruise

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

This was my favourite when I was living in Newcastle in the early 70's. 😉🥂

BP0473.gif

I liked the Tooth’s old .

Someone sent me a screenshot shot of the current price from Hell A to sydney. That’s $US too.

image.png.81c42786d34b5b075a1b9cde07c4ce25.png

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Old is my draught beer of choice when having a pub lunch at the Orana, Blacksmiths.

Year ago, Tooheys had a Regional brewery at Mudgee, NSW.  The old beer they produced there was nicknamed 'Mudgee Mud.'  I tried it when there once, but it was the same Tooheys Black Old. Now  Black old is mothers milk, grow babies in it, put it in your sandwiches, it was that good, still is, I sneak a middy of it now and again, bugger the gluten.🤣

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I liked the Tooth’s old .

Someone sent me a screenshot shot of the current price from Hell A to sydney. That’s $US too.

image.png.81c42786d34b5b075a1b9cde07c4ce25.png

OMG, that is all I can say, couple of years ago it was AU$999 return, now USD$17,778 why I ask?

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, NSWP said:

OMG, that is all I can say, couple of years ago it was AU$999 return, now USD$17,778 why I ask?

It's called 'supply and demand' pricing. 🙂However, from what I have seen, international airfare prices seem to fluctuate wildly at the moment.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:59 PM, Aus Traveller said:

It's called 'supply and demand' pricing. 🙂However, from what I have seen, international airfare prices seem to fluctuate wildly at the moment.

I think its weirder than that - when the travel bubble was announed with Oz Sydney prices went from something like $800 o'/w to $300 - not dirt cheap but not stupid .

The december price has now dropped significantly 

1419260599_2021-07-1214_49_21-LosAngelestoSydney_GoogleFlights.thumb.png.b815e547a67f16b8476729be4b369323.png

1 hour ago, lissie said:

I think its weirder than that - when the travel bubble was announed with Oz Sydney prices went from something like $800 o'/w to $300 - not dirt cheap but not stupid .

The december price has now dropped significantly 

1419260599_2021-07-1214_49_21-LosAngelestoSydney_GoogleFlights.thumb.png.b815e547a67f16b8476729be4b369323.png

Interesting .

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got an email to say my cruise has been cancelled. This should mean I’ll get a 100% refund.

To access the refund page I need to login of course. Then go to account. Then FAQs. Enter “cancel” in search. One of the search results takes me then to the cancellation page. They don’t provide a direct link ;).

Problem: they’ve converted my cruise from a 12 (iirc) day NZ cruise into a four day local cruise.

So..  trust the online form and expect a refund for the original cruise? No option but to call really lol.

Reply to myself lol… just off the phone. Under 10 minutes to request the refund. 30-45 days should appear at my bank.

Contrasts markedly to my previous experience where, despite my best efforts, the call centre worker outsmarted me with word selection and obfuscation.

No word games this time. I asked, he delivered. How it should be for customer service.

Made a point of posting this as it’s so easy to talk about bad experiences and it’s important to report the good ones too

Edited by ChrisOz
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, ChrisOz said:

Reply to myself lol… just off the phone. Under 10 minutes to request the refund. 30-45 days should appear at my bank.

Contrasts markedly to my previous experience where, despite my best efforts, the call centre worker outsmarted me with word selection and obfuscation.

No word games this time. I asked, he delivered. How it should be for customer service.

Made a point of posting this as it’s so easy to talk about bad experiences and it’s important to report the good ones too

Good to see a happy ending.

Theres a link in the email to cancel it , I canceled a couple and it only took a few minutes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just an update as I believe that if I start a thread like this then I should give a fully transparent and accurate conclusion.

It's obvious from the above that I finally managed to ask over the phone for a full refund on or a day after the 7th August.

I was told to wait about 45 days for processing so I made a mental note to revist towards the end of September. I might have rolled my eyes cynically at the time too!

Noticed a "problem" with my credit card for September. I was way over paid... Checked back...

FULL REFUND PAID 12TH AUGUST.

That's a maximum of FIVE days only. In two parts. the total correct to the last cent.

Now to use a bit of good old Aussie vernacular.... that's bloody brilliant!

Who gets a refund in up to five days from a majot corporation these days?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ChrisOz said:

Who gets a refund in up to five days from a majot corporation these days?

How about less than 24 hours for a refund from China Airlines to reach my Paypal account, then another two days to go across to my credit card. I was very impressed.

Good to hear you got your refund OK.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ