Boarding Times Switched

Has this ever happened to anyone:  During online check in one of my options was to check in at 12:00 PM.  So, I took it and printed out my boarding passes (just for back up.)  Today, I was checking my app and found out that my check in time has now been switched to 12:30 PM.  I certainly did not make that change.

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Has this ever happened to anyone:  During online check in one of my options was to check in at 12:00 PM.  So, I took it and printed out my boarding passes (just for back up.)  Today, I was checking my app and found out that my check in time has now been switched to 12:30 PM.  I certainly did not make that change.

Waiting 30 minutes extra has never happened to me ,you should get compensated for the inconvenience. What did happen to me they cancelled the Australian and New Zealand cruise season guess I will be waiting another Year 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Waiting 30 minutes extra has never happened to me ,you should get compensated for the inconvenience. What did happen to me they cancelled the Australian and New Zealand cruise season guess I will be waiting another Year 🙄

I am so sorry to hear about your cancellation.  We had 6 Alaska cruises cancelled -- have two still on the books for August and keeping fingers crossed they go.  But, as we all know, things can change at a moment's notice.  Hope changes come your way sooner rather than later.

I just got notification that my Allure sailing had it's departure pushed back due to extended check-in procedures being required by new CDC requirements. Maybe your time got pushed back by those new requirements so they could space people out more?

5 minutes ago, MikeMSD said:

I just got notification that my Allure sailing had it's departure pushed back due to extended check-in procedures being required by new CDC requirements. Maybe your time got pushed back by those new requirements so they could space people out more?

Could be, but it would have been nice to be informed about it. 

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I'd be taking my hard copy boarding pass.

I've had it happen on airline where they moved my seat from check-in with printed boarding pass to the 30 minutes prior in the app

Just now, cruisegus said:

I'd be taking my hard copy boarding pass.

I've had it happen on airline where they moved my seat from check-in with printed boarding pass to the 30 minutes prior in the app

Agree.  I already have them printed out just in case I need verification or my phone goes down.

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

What inconvenience?  I have to wait in line for other appointments, that's life if you've got one.

Thanks for quoting me 🙂 The op wanted a response to been notified of a 30 minute change .My post has obviously gone over your head .🙄🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

You were informed of it......your app told you, did it not?  Get used to the app, it is where all your info will be now, and during your trip.  

Perhaps I should have clarified my post.  I just happened to check the app, no real reason other than to see if I had a cabin assigned to me since I have a guarantee.  While I was in the app, I went over to the assigned check in time (just on a whim) and found that my original selection had been removed and I now had to pick a new one from the open options.  It would have been nice to know there was a change. 

15 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Thanks for quoting me 🙂 The op wanted a response to been notified of a 30 minute change .My post has obviously gone over your head .🙄🤣

No it didn't, YOU said it was an inconvenience, didn't you?  I rightly quoted you.  No inconvenience to me.

57 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

For those of you who can check in and get a boarding time, when  is your  cruise?    I was also notified of boarding delay for late September and late October cruises.   Can't check in yet.  

M

Serenade to Alaska--August 9, 2021.

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

Not sure I could care about a 30 minute change in time after waiting 19 months to get back on a cruise ship

I get where you are coming from --- many of us have had numerous cruises cancelled and we are all looking forward to returning.  The real issue here is the fact that my boarding time was changed without me being informed and that action caused an issue with my transportation option.  I wish people would stop reading into my post and just see it for what it is --- a few minutes delay might not mean anything to some but to others, it could be a big deal.

Edited by Italy52
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

No it didn't, YOU said it was an inconvenience, didn't you?  I rightly quoted you.  No inconvenience to me.

🤣🤣 look up " sarcasm " in a dictionary. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

I must be around it too often, "SARCASM" or maybe its these boards but I got it right away. Even had a small chuckle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

OK I get it now....so gun shy because of all the strife on here these days, sometimes hard to recognize it for real.  You know one of the definitions of sarcasm includes "to make people feel stupid".  I know because of a discussion I had with my brother weeks ago.  So he fired off the definition of sarcasm cuz he says he doesn't recognize it a lot...and I use it on him too much.  Ironic?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DeniseT said:

Might be different in a CoVID world, but we found that you can show up early and you still get processed thru. 

I think that things have changed for COVID --- below is what RCI is telling us for boarding:

"Boarding day: Honor your arrival time
Everyone will receive a wellness check before being cleared for boarding. Guests who arrive outside of their arrival time will be subject to a longer wait before being able to board."

• Like 1