Platinum Debarkaton

Is there a area for Platinum quests to wait for debarkation? I heard there may be a lounge with a continental breakfast provided? Can you take your luggage down early and leave it there?  We seem to get stuck and can't get down to the gangway due to the crowds.  The elevators are packed. Thanks for any help!

There wasnt a area for platinum and diamond to board, only for suites I read. 

There are only 2 ships that so far set sail, and vista got in very late, 930 ish. They called areas, but not sure exactly how it was done with such late arrival back in Galveston. 

Only been 2 times they have done debarkation. They need some time to get a system sounds like. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FloatingSunGoddess said:

Is there a area for Platinum quests to wait for debarkation? I heard there may be a lounge with a continental breakfast provided? Can you take your luggage down early and leave it there?  We seem to get stuck and can't get down to the gangway due to the crowds.  The elevators are packed. Thanks for any help!

Usually one of the dining rooms is designated for platinum and guests with early flight times.  Diamond sometimes assemble in a private dining room or a roped off area in the atrium.  There is usually a letter detailing the procedure sent to the cabin the night before.  In many cases there are morning beverages and rolls, buns, croissants, etc. available.  

This was my experience pre COVID, may have changed since the resumption has started.

Edited by evandbob

5 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Plats and Dia all met in midship DR for self assist and zoned debark. No coffee or food offered. Fairly well organized, however. Vista yesterday

What about embarkation? Did Plat and Dia get called first, or was it all done by boarding time?

2 hours ago, canes20 said:

What about embarkation? Did Plat and Dia get called first, or was it all done by boarding time?

We weren’t in the terminal then, so don’t know. First guests to board Vista. We cut the ribbon w Christine Duffy and Captain Andrea Catalani. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

We weren’t in the terminal then, so don’t know. First guests to board Vista. We cut the ribbon w Christine Duffy and Captain Andrea Catalani. 😀

That is awesome!  How did you get lucky enough to be chosen?

4 hours ago, canes20 said:

Plat. and Diam. were permitted to check in to get boarding times a day before the masses. They should have been given earlier check in times.

14 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

That is awesome!  How did you get lucky enough to be chosen?

This was Jerry’s (DH) 200th Carnival cruise. 😊❤️ Corporate called and emailed us to set it all up. It was great! Also, television interviews and some nice perks and gifts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 2Shoes2Go said:

This was Jerry’s (DH) 200th Carnival cruise. 😊❤️ Corporate called and emailed us to set it all up. It was great! Also, television interviews and some nice perks and gifts. 

I am impressed!  What an amazing experience!!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Wow 200th cruise .. 1000 loyalty lets approx wow?  Had to think what 5X diamond meant. I'm impressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

That's an amazing accomplishment. I hope that, when/if Carnival gets around to updating their loyalty program that they don't use that (5X level) as the next rung in the ladder -- LOL !!!

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2021 at 11:38 AM, canes20 said:

We never waited anywhere.  Right on the ship.  No need to wait for the turn around from the previous cruise.