Classic beverage package suggestions

crimsonbird

We are elite plus and will be on the Edge in August.   In the past there has been no need for a liquor package but with the new pricing we now have a classic package.  Any suggestions as to what to order?  Is Baileys included?  We used to order sidecars from the Captains club menu.  Are non alcoholic drinks included?  Any tasty info will be appreciated by these 2 Classic newbies.

• Like 1

Here is a link to Celebrity’s website showing the things included with the beverage packages. The Classic package has a $9 limit so any drink at or below that price is covered. If a sidecar can be made with the liquors listed o under tge Classic package it is covered

Baileys isn’t covered by the Classic package.  The price used to be $10. So if you order a Baileys you will be charged $1 for the price difference and .20 for the gratuity on the price difference.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/05_07_SP_Beverage-Package-Flyer_051721.pdf

• Thanks 1

Try the classic for a day or so.  One BT told us that the classic was the best deal as most drinks that people drink are covered under the classic.  If there is a drink that isn’t you pay the difference over the allowed cost plus 20% gratuity.    If you are spending more than $12/day on those than upgrade.  

if you do upgrade do it with a BT or server that you like as they get the gratuities from  the upgrade.   Just a word to the wise as they will normally give you a little extra if you purchase it from them.  Eg. You drink wine at dining.  The server will really take care of you, or the BT will make special drinks 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 2

For me, it makes sense to pay the $10/day more for premium, mostly as the wine selection is not great under classic. But I also like Vitamin Water, San Pellegrino, Baileys. I also like the convenience of it. 

But DH would RARELY use premium so he sticks with classic. He sticks with beer or frozen drinks.

Appreciate that Celebrity allows just one of us to upgrade.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I like the martini bar so I always upgrade.

Laura

We were just looking at the menus on the Silhouette and saw the martini prices were $16 now. Was surprised to see they were more than the $15 premium "limit". 😞

If the ship is sailing out of Southampton then the price on the menu must include the gratuity.  So the Martinis would still be included as the Premium pig limit with gratuity is about $18.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owensjro said:

We were just looking at the menus on the Silhouette and saw the martini prices were $16 now. Was surprised to see they were more than the $15 premium "limit". 😞

We were on the Edge recently and every martini we ordered at the Martini Bar was covered under the premium package.  I think they were listed at $15 but didn't take a photo so I could be mistaken.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, owensjro said:

I hope that is not true.

13 hours ago, owensjro said:

12 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I hope that is not true.

Since the Silhouette is sailing from Southampton, the price shown on the menu includes the gratuity.  This will be covered by the Premium Package.

• Like 1