LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

49 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

@CruiszBug

I'd just selected the water pkg a when I booked as I drink lots of water and am doing a B2B. Evian is what's delivered for the pkg; an off-brand "pure water" as my onboard amenity,; thus I was very happy with the Evian. It may depend on the departure port and where food/supplies are provided from or brands they stock.

I'd heard Freeport was doing the provisioning and saw that in many of their stores on my tour.

The package is showing $17.70 for 12 cans of Dasani or $23.00 for 24 cans (plus an additional 18%). So I'll bet it is Dasani due to the different pricing. I'll keep my ear to the ground and ask again in a month or so to find out what water package contains on Adventure of the Seas. I have to wait until September so time may not be my friend if they are using up existing stock, lol! Maybe there is a store near the wharf that I can run get some Evian before we sail?

33 minutes ago, Bette And Bill said:

We did not see you. I did meet Mark and we were there until after 9:00,

Ah man, that sucks! I'm really surprised we missed each other. Did you see @HBCcruiserat the table next to the window? @Akina13came up to me at the bar, so that's how we connected. She knew where @HBCcruiserwas and pointed her out. @HBCcruisercame over to the bar for a little bit, then we all joined @HBCcruiserat her table by the window. Guess we'll just have to meet up on the ship tomorrow!

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

We made it! Currently grabbing  food at the bar. We have barely eaten all day. Too many short layovers. 

Glad to see people arriving for their cruise. Enjoy.

2 hours ago, slease said:

Tried both Kaliks and Sands, both good in their own way.  Kaliks probably has the edge for me.

I see you made it. 🥂🛳

• Like 1

You all are making me glad we are connecting out of Miami for our flight to Nassau.  We are on the last flight, but will be checked in already in LA so should be safe.  Has to have n

been some really stressed people at the airport if they were offering $1200

• Like 1

Will be getting on Adventure a week from tomorrow. We leave for The Bahamas, Thursday and also staying at Holiday Inn Express. So good to see all I will be doing in a few days time. Thank you for all the info.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4nzics said:

Will be getting on Adventure a week from tomorrow. We leave for The Bahamas, Thursday and also staying at Holiday Inn Express. So good to see all I will be doing in a few days time. Thank you for all the info.

I'm at Holiday Inn Express right now and will be boarding Adventure of the Seas at noon today. HI Express is not too bad a hotel and is right across W. Bay St. from Junkanoo Beach (I highly recommend the Tiki Bikini beach bar & grill). Anyway, when you compare the rates with other hotels right in this same area, the HI Express stacks up very well. Nothing fancy here but a comfortable hotel that serves a free full (not just Continental) breakfast each morning. There's also a pool here but I never used it because I was always just across the street at the beach.

I tell you what, I met a couple that is on our cruise that could not find a vacant hotel room (HI Express was full) and ended up at the Margaritaville Beach Resort just down the street. Margaritaville is about $400 per night. Ouch! No thank you. A 4 night stay at Margaritaville would almost pay for an entire cruise!

Anyway, so looking forward to boarding the Adventure of the Seas tomorrow!

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Today we board the Adventure of the Seas!! I’m glad I crashed early last night. It was a super long day. Refreshed and ready to start this cruise!!

7741BB94-F87F-46A7-B2F7-B6E48FBEDF88.gif

Don't sell yourself short @HBCcruiser, you held up like a champ last night at the Hilton bar. I don't think I could've held up as well flying all the way out to Nassau,  Bahamas from SoCal (especially with 2 daughters in tow!). It was awesome to finally get to meet you after all our communications here on CC and you know where else 😉

• Like 1

Man, Holiday Inn Express dropped the ball this morning wrt their free breakfast. They picked a bad time to fall flat on their face. All the cruisers are in and the breakfast room looks like a bunch of unherded cats, looking for food. Breakfast is supposed to open at 7 am but at 7:30 (when I got here), nothing. No eggs, no breakfast meats, no pancakes and no french toast. On top of that, NO COFFEE! Aaaahhhh!! The horror!! (I get cranky without my morning coffee). But, it looks like HI Express has recovered. I smell eggs & bacon...

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

Good morning all! Happy cruise day!!! Current view from our room. 

E0B1C16A-0382-4378-8531-4D2924615DE1.jpeg

Our home for the next week! Some of you will be or have been on her longer. Can’t wait! Beautiful pic BTW.❤️

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Don't sell yourself short @HBCcruiser, you held up like a champ last night at the Hilton bar. I don't think I could've held up as well flying all the way out to Nassau,  Bahamas from SoCal (especially with 2 daughters in tow!). It was awesome to finally get to meet you after all our communications here on CC and you know where else 😉

Thank you. I agree, it was great to finally meet in person. This is going to be a great cruise. I can tell.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Bette....send us some pics if you get a chance!  Have a great cruise!!!

Good Morning, Jeff - I will. As long as I remember to carry my phone with me. I did not pack my camera. An older than dirt memory lapse on my part. I ctually remembered to pick up my phone off the desk, just not the camera.