Canadians Looking to Sail With Princess...Check The FAQs!

ceilidh1

2 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Here you register with your medicare number if you wish to do so. It then gets sent back to the health dept. If you choose not to use your medicare # (as long as you are a Canadian resident you can get a vaccine) you always have the paper documentation. There will be many people using paper documentation as proof of vaccine - think of older people who dont or cant or wont use a cell phone with QR codes etc. There's going to be plenty of those folks relying on paper or a card.

In ON, the vaccination is registered in the provincial system at the clinic/location and the patient is emailed a copy.  You can also access the system online anytime to obtain your records.  If the system cannot store the info for a third shot, it leaves us with nothing official.  I wouldn't want to rely on a piece of paper filled out by someone at the clinic, for example, to work as a proof by international authorities.  I am thinking they won't update the system until/unless a third shot becomes a recommended thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here are a couple of slides from the Princess 7/27 webinar.

3FF79453-5759-47E3-AABC-00CC8B795AB2.jpeg

06B1B74B-626A-4F15-A147-5B668518499A.jpeg

Thanks for the info! Is Princess enforcing any timeframe on vaccines? For example, RCI is reported to be insisting on no more than 42 days for mRNA vaccine mixture.

19 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Thanks for the info! Is Princess enforcing any timeframe on vaccines? For example, RCI is reported to be insisting on no more than 42 days for mRNA vaccine mixture.

You’re welcome…they didn’t state anything about any timeframe on vaccines during their webinar.

Nor have I read anything about a timeframe on their CruiseHealth FAQs webpage.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here are a couple of slides from the Princess 7/27 webinar.

3FF79453-5759-47E3-AABC-00CC8B795AB2.jpeg

06B1B74B-626A-4F15-A147-5B668518499A.jpeg

I was on the webinar.  It was a confusing slide.   Does not make any sense to show the AZ and 2 mRNA vaccines.  Also missing the 2AZ vaccines and the J&J vaccine, which they acknowledged on the call. They also said on the call that this was for US cruises.   They did not talk about vaccine requirements for European cruises, even though the presentation was about European cruises.  

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 3:26 PM, Steelers36 said:

Not sure why you say didn't have a choice in ON.  I didn't question the poster from NL as I am not familiar there, but we certainly had choices in ON.  You just had to check what a location was offering.  We knew we wanted mRNA and got Pfizer where we went.  When booking second shot, Pfizer was offered as that is what we had first shot.  I know Canada considers you fully vaccinated, but does the rest of the world?  Have heard there might be third shots later on for folks in your position.

I’m in Ontario and my sister had Moderna for her first shot. Then they called her up to come in for her second shot. It wasn’t until she got there that they told her they only had Pfizer. I suppose she could have walked out of the appointment at that point and tried to find someone with Moderna but she just decided to go ahead with it.

52 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

I’m in Ontario and my sister had Moderna for her first shot. Then they called her up to come in for her second shot. It wasn’t until she got there that they told her they only had Pfizer. I suppose she could have walked out of the appointment at that point and tried to find someone with Moderna but she just decided to go ahead with it.

Two mRNA's isn't a big problem as most places are recognizing that as fully-vaccinated (if not all now or soon).  Our second shot was going to be a last-minute swap as well, but we didn't want to have any travel issues.  

• Like 1

Just got this note from Princess Customer Relations:

The vaccination requirements for voyages that are outside the U.S. will be different and will be based on the local jurisdiction’s requirements.

Outside the U.S. (for now), the mixing of one AZ vaccine and one mRNA vaccine is acceptable, and we would follow that guidance. But for the U.S. voyages, we would observe the CDC’s requirements.

So it looks like Princess is now allowing mixed vaccines outside of the US.  Their website has not been updated yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tert333 said:

The vaccination requirements for voyages that are outside the U.S. will be different and will be based on the local jurisdiction’s requirements.

Outside the U.S. (for now), the mixing of one AZ vaccine and one mRNA vaccine is acceptable, and we would follow that guidance. But for the U.S. voyages, we would observe the CDC’s requirements.

So it looks like Princess is now allowing mixed vaccines outside of the US.  Their website has not been updated yet.

Last week I sent an email to Jan Swartz stating that HAL accepts mixed vaccination for cruises outside the US and that the same should apply to Princess out of Southampton. Sounds like someone is listening.

Just yesterday I cancelled a transatlantic cruise on the Sky for November departing out of the UK because Princess would not accept AZ/Moderna as fully vaccinated. When the reason for cancelling was given the Princess rep did not mention a change in policy. Since the cruise ends in Florida the CDC requirements may still apply. 

Today the USVI announced that all cruise passengers over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated. Since the cruise stops there I would assume the CDC requirements would apply.

I cancelled because there were too many other protocol issues that would have to change before the cruise.

18 hours ago, tert333 said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-cruises/

The page for the UK cruises is pretty long.  It refers to "currently approved" vaccines -  in the UK.    This has always been the case. 

The other page is for the US departing only cruises. 

22 hours ago, Barry H said:

Today the USVI announced that all cruise passengers over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated. Since the cruise stops there I would assume the CDC requirements would apply.

A couple of days ago the CDC raised the threat level for the virus in USVI to Level 4 (basically saying do not go there).

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 8:07 AM, cruisintoddler said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-cruises/

The page for the UK cruises is pretty long.  It refers to "currently approved" vaccines -  in the UK.    This has always been the case. 

The other page is for the US departing only cruises. 

Has anyone checked with Princess in regards to Southampton cruises starting on September 30, whether they accept mixed vaccines?  I received an email from princess in late July saying they would, but since then the UK has stated they are not accepting them without quarantine.

We cancelled a November cruise out of Southampton to Florida due to having mixed vaccine and changing protocols. If you have a mixed vaccine you might be permitted to go straight to the ship. Otherwise you will have to quarantine in a hotel until the ship leaves plus pay for covid tests on the 2nd and 8th days, even if you leave the country and don't use them. Too many hoops to jump through.

I would consider cancelling under the Princess Cruise with Confidence.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:57 AM, Steelers36 said:

Two mRNA's isn't a big problem as most places are recognizing that as fully-vaccinated (if not all now or soon).  Our second shot was going to be a last-minute swap as well, but we didn't want to have any travel issues.  

Good on you.  We never dreamed or even thought about it when we were pressured to accept a different vaccine on the second jab.  Travel wasn’t on our mind when we allowed it to be done.  Silly us but I think we’re out of the woods on our next two cruises if they both sail.  One from San Fransisco (Princess) and one from Amsterdam. (Norwegian)

On 8/22/2021 at 1:17 PM, tert333 said:

Has anyone checked with Princess in regards to Southampton cruises starting on September 30, whether they accept mixed vaccines?  I received an email from princess in late July saying they would, but since then the UK has stated they are not accepting them without quarantine.

Any update on UK requirements for Canadians?

quarantine, vaccination, testing?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cjpj said:

Just updated. Want to do a UK to Florida transatlantic? Mix doses acceptable.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

Good to see it finally updated.   I cancelled the September 30 cruise as I was concerned about stopping in France/Spain and then needing to quarantine when I got back to the UK.  You may want to check the quarantine rules.   I believe it is especially important for Canadians as they do not recognize our vaccinations yet as being fully vaccinated.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 7:32 PM, tert333 said:

Good to see it finally updated.   I cancelled the September 30 cruise as I was concerned about stopping in France/Spain and then needing to quarantine when I got back to the UK.  You may want to check the quarantine rules.   I believe it is especially important for Canadians as they do not recognize our vaccinations yet as being fully vaccinated.  

Sorry to hear that 

I just saw on fb UK , US, updated re: requirements for flights easing up in October and Canada on green list pre departure test not required  day 2 test still needed at this time 

On 9/8/2021 at 11:41 AM, cjpj said:

Just updated. Want to do a UK to Florida transatlantic? Mix doses acceptable.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

Are you certain? After all.it says mixed doses acceptable for cruises outside of the US. A cruise that ends in the US is not outside of the US.