Test Positive - Denied Borading?

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You are not allowed to fly on a commercial flight if you have tested positive for COVID. You could pay for a private medical charter ($$$$) back home (covered by some travel insurance). 

AND then there is Amtrak - Seattle to Chicago (Empire Builder train #8) or Seattle to Los Angeles

(Coast Starlight train #11) if the airlines won't accept you.

51 minutes ago, casofilia said:

With the prohibition of vaccinations from different sources and the requirements for paper documentation I would suggest that everyone scans the document they got when vaccinated and email their PCC with the document.   Ask if NCL will allow you to board using that document as there are specific requirements.

I did and have it in an email that my document is acceptable; I can prove I was vaccinated in an acceptable method.

image.thumb.png.68bedc716bb204cf2b2bc05d1d8f7106.png

Copies and scans are not valid forms of proof of vaccination. If you were to email that information and your PCC were to open and store that information (e.g., having a temp file created when they open the scan), would be a violation of HIPAA health privacy in the U.S.

And your PCC is a minimum wage marketing call center sales person. And has zero knowledge of the protocols that will be used at check in at the port. 

Stick to the official, published protocols and information sent to you directly from the cruise line regarding your cruise. 

14 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

AND then there is Amtrak - Seattle to Chicago (Empire Builder train #8) or Seattle to Los Angeles

(Coast Starlight train #11) if the airlines won't accept you.

AND there is not Amtrak.

Amtrak requires everyone to log on prior to their trip and verify that they do not have COVID, do not meet the criteria for needing to quarantine (like just testing COVID-positive).

image.png.c9f86a564658b169c04c3d9d92510095.png 

24 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

These rules are in place until when? October 31st???

Or longer to mitigate risk. Royal started with no testing, then added pre-embarkation test when they had covid aboard. And they still had covid onboard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Or longer to mitigate risk. Royal started with no testing, then added pre-embarkation test when they had covid aboard. And they still had covid onboard. 

Thanks for the info, our cruise on Oceania isn't until the end of January. My biggest fear is somehow coming up positive at the pier and then not being able to fly home. Its a long walk from Miami to Philadelphia Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Thanks for the info, our cruise on Oceania isn't until the end of January. My biggest fear is somehow coming up positive at the pier and then not being able to fly home. Its a long walk from Miami to Philadelphia Lol

That's exactly my fear for even 2 years from now- I would be doing PHL to Seattle. I actually haven't flown in 10 years since my Epic cruise to Miami- I've been cruising only from NYC as I enjoyed the Breakaway and Escape. BTW- fond memories of spending time with my grandparents in Montco in the 70's-80's. 

• Like 1

I've been thinking about cancelling my cruise in December, and it looks like this thread has convinced me to cancel.  I'm not so fearful of being denied in Florida, although that would suck.  I'm more afraid of testing positive trying to reboard at a foreign port.  Looks like it will be December, 2022 for me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Totally understandable. We were on Royal's first cruise out of Nassau. In our case, failing the embarkation test would mean being stranded in the Bahamas. Everyone came, took the test, passed the test, and had a great cruise. 

• Like 3

On 7/20/2021 at 6:55 AM, Hadacareer said:

Guests and members of their party who are denied boarding due to a positive COVID-19 test result, within 2 weeks of their sail date, will be permitted to apply the full value of all amounts paid to a future cruise credit or, at the guest's discretion, be provided a cash refund. Guests who are denied boarding due to a violation of protocols, for example not testing in advance, will not receive a refund.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/sail-safe

Keep an an eye on the link, as info seems to change frequently 

Thank you for the link!  I just made a post basically asking for this exact info so thank you!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 8:00 AM, BirdTravels said:

image.thumb.png.68bedc716bb204cf2b2bc05d1d8f7106.png

Copies and scans are not valid forms of proof of vaccination. If you were to email that information and your PCC were to open and store that information (e.g., having a temp file created when they open the scan), would be a violation of HIPAA health privacy in the U.S.

And your PCC is a minimum wage marketing call center sales person. And has zero knowledge of the protocols that will be used at check in at the port. 

Stick to the official, published protocols and information sent to you directly from the cruise line regarding your cruise. 

HIPAA only applies to so-called “covered entities”, like health care providers and insurance companies. Doesn’t apply to cruise consultants. 

• Like 2