Jumping from NCL to HAL

craig01020

Hello all. I'm currently booked on a Norwegian cruise from Athens in October. The cruise is 100% vaccinated and had been advertised as mask-free. Well, that recently changed due to new restrictions in Europe. So...I'm thinking of sailing on Holland America to the Mexican Riviera in October instead.

HAL also advertises mask-free cruising. For anyone booked on a Mexico cruise, have they heard anything different, or can we expect to be mask-free? Thanks.

A lot can change between now and October.  Even if the cruise is mask-free now, that could change.

Edited by Roz
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I don't believe HAL has resumed sailing yet. But I could be wrong.

Hal  first cruise starts this Saturday from Seattle to Alaska.  Some cruisers may be doing live post so pay attention to next weeks post here on Cruise Critic.

4 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Yes, I know a lot can change. I was just asking if anyone has heard anything. Mexico's protocols have been pretty consistent for the last year, unlike Europe, so I'm hopeful.

Mexico has had some credibility issues. Pretty wide open, but very poor testing, reporting and vaccinating stats, and a fair amount of evidence Covid has been a serious problem in Mexico. I would suggest caution. I would expect HAL's precautions to be high, as they are just resuming in October to this area, as you are boarding. I would take very seriously the concept that October is a long time from now, in Covid years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1