Keeping perks with a replacement cruise?

Thrak

Question about perks when a cruise is cancelled. I know this must be covered somewhere in the bazillion posts here on CC but....

If I can hold out long enough I fully expect Princess to cancel our January cruises down under. I simply can't imagine Australia, New Zealand, and Tasmania to be open for cruises that soon. If I cancel the cruises myself I wouldn't expect any perks of any kind from Princess. That is understandable. However, if I wait and let Princess cancel the cruises will they transfer all perks to the replacement cruises?  We are fine with Princess offering replacement cruises - especially if they don't jack the price on the - but I am wondering about the perks.

Each of the cruises in the B2B2B has the same perks. Most are the "standard" perks from Princess Plus but there is one specific perk that has not been offered before or since. Has anybody else had a "special" or "different than usual" perk that was transferred to a replacement cruise?

Obviously this isn't a huge deal but we would really like to be able to maintain this dorky bonus. Back in February when this offer came out I went to the trouble of getting it added to my cruises - which turned out to be a bit of a pain in the neck - and would like to keep the perk.

image.png.dca8b91b3c0a0ae824bac5c05eafa4b8.png

Our perks from our cancelled July cruise* -- OBC, Specialty Dining, and Box of Chocolates Promotion -- also were transferred to our replacement November sailing.

*In addition, our replacement went from a 4-night Ruby Princess obstructed oceanview to a 7-night Royal Class obstructed balcony [extended angled balcony and *not* obstructed].

----

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our eight night cruise was cancelled and we chose the replacement cruise which left the same day but gave us two extra days (10 nights) and we kept all our perks. Also, because the cruise ship that we originally booked had ocean view staterooms they upgraded me to a balcony because the ship I am now on doesn’t have ocean view. We were very impressed. My PVP helped me chose a perfect balcony. 😁

Edited by traceytd
  • Like 1

Sounds good to me!  Now if only Princess would get around to admitting the cruises won't sail. I really don't want to get forced into making final payment on cruises that are going to be cancelled. Ah, well. There's time yet. We actually have 4 cruises booked that have the Box of Chocolates as a perk. The B2B2B down under and then a 12 day Alaska cruise in May. I was worried about that one as well since it sails out of Vancouver but it looks like Canada is opening up so we should be good to go on that one.

This will be the second time our B2B2B down under is cancelled. Hopefully Princess will be able to set us up with replacements in 2023. It seems sooooooo long to wait.

On 7/21/2021 at 7:09 PM, Thrak said:

Sounds good to me!  Now if only Princess would get around to admitting the cruises won't sail. I really don't want to get forced into making final payment on cruises that are going to be cancelled. Ah, well. There's time yet. We actually have 4 cruises booked that have the Box of Chocolates as a perk. The B2B2B down under and then a 12 day Alaska cruise in May. I was worried about that one as well since it sails out of Vancouver but it looks like Canada is opening up so we should be good to go on that one.

This will be the second time our B2B2B down under is cancelled. Hopefully Princess will be able to set us up with replacements in 2023. It seems sooooooo long to wait.

Hi @Thrak, I finally got a chance to check my cousins booking on the Emerald 2022 SYD/LA cruise that Princess canceled and offered a replacement sailing on the Majestic for 2023. They booked with the Valentine’s Day  special with the ‘gift’ of the Godiva 19 pc box. The replacement sailing ‘does’ have the Godiva chocolate as an amenity, so it did transfer along with the one specialty dinner.

The key will be if Princess will offer ‘replacement’ sailings, as you know, mostly they only offered FCC or Refund. I have seen a few more ‘replacement’ offers with the later cancellations, but I do not think you should count on it.

21 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I checked.  A 19 piece box of Godiva chocolate costs $30 at Macy's.  Princess probably pay maybe $15 for it.  Not sure that I would consider it a significant perk.

DON

It's not so much the value as the fact that it was a hassle to get it added in the first place and I simply don't like the idea of (once again) losing something that was promised.

I've had a number of cruises cancelled and replaced and on each one lost all previous perks.  My PVP says no one keeps them and I wind up with nothing.  Why is it every other PVP does it but not him?  Posters on these boards know more than he does.  I'd love to get those chocolates, Thrak!

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

It's not so much the value as the fact that it was a hassle to get it added in the first place and I simply don't like the idea of (once again) losing something that was promised.

Good for you; stand up for the principle that the right thing should be done.

6 hours ago, snoodqueen said:

I've had a number of cruises cancelled and replaced and on each one lost all previous perks.  My PVP says no one keeps them and I wind up with nothing.  Why is it every other PVP does it but not him?  Posters on these boards know more than he does.  I'd love to get those chocolates, Thrak!

I have had one cruise that was cancelled and replaced  Even though I booked with a TA, I received an email from Princess telling me the cruise was cancelled but I could pick a replacement cruise.  i believe there was a link in it to pick which replacement cruise I wanted.  I had a choice of only three.  

3 hours ago, dickinson said:

I have had one cruise that was cancelled and replaced  Even though I booked with a TA, I received an email from Princess telling me the cruise was cancelled but I could pick a replacement cruise.  i believe there was a link in it to pick which replacement cruise I wanted.  I had a choice of only three.  

Did they give you any other alternative in case none of those replacement cruises fit into your schedule?

And referring to the topic, did they say whether any perks you had on the original cruise would transfer over to the new one you picked?

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Did they give you any other alternative in case none of those replacement cruises fit into your schedule?

And referring to the topic, did they say whether any perks you had on the original cruise would transfer over to the new one you picked?

Yes.  I could get my money back (it was cancelled about 6 months before cruise date).  I don't remember if I could just get FCC.  All I had was FCD as a downpayment.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

@ontheweb, are you asking if any of the replacement cruises offered, are u able to suggest ‘others’ that might fit your schedule? My experience has been the answer is ‘NO’, Princess only recently has offered ‘replacement’ sailings and seem to be quite strict maintaining which sailings will qualify. Their answer if you prefer another sailing is take a refund or FCC and you can apply it to your non replacement offered sailing.

My experience has been any ‘perks/OBC’ in your canceled sailing , move over to your replacement sailing,  so surprise to hear @snoodqueensaying they have had a different experience.

I think it has more to do with my PVP's lack of knowledge and experience.  He doesn't even seem to know much about anything.  I've had to give him instructions on how certain procedures when booking.  I know, I know...I need to get a new PVP and I will.

4 minutes ago, snoodqueen said:

I think it has more to do with my PVP's lack of knowledge and experience.  He doesn't even seem to know much about anything.  I've had to give him instructions on how certain procedures when booking.  I know, I know...I need to get a new PVP and I will.

Sounds like some peoples TAs. Pathetic. Too many... FAR too many... of the Princess staff you will speak to on the phone not only don't know squat about cruising but have never even set foot on a cruise ship. It's like buying a suit from a kid in a store in the mall. Generally, they have no freaking idea what they are supposed to know. It's not their fault... they were just hired to "sell suits" and have no knowledge about how a suit should fit, move, etc.

Still waiting for my transfer to be completed but have been told everything will be transferred to my new cruise.  It will be as if I booked the new cruise  instead of the one that has been cancelled…..