Requesting table for 2 in main dining room

groundloop

8 hours ago, soremekun said:

Are tables for two near a window a big ask?

No, you can most certainly ask.  A lot of people like to sit by the window and it may or may not be accommodated though.  

4 hours ago, wemjam said:

No, you can most certainly ask.  A lot of people like to sit by the window and it may or may not be accommodated though.  

I seem to remember in MDR that big tables are at the windows, like tables for 8.  Maybe it's different now after Covid restart.

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I seem to remember in MDR that big tables are at the windows, like tables for 8.  Maybe it's different now after Covid restart.

Some are, some of them they have split into like 4 tops and 2 tops.  About 6" apart, but they are apart lol

• Like 1

A little off topic, we have seven of us sailing and my father has difficulty hearing with a lot of excess noises and we would like a round table so he can look at peoples mouths as they are speaking.  I would like to ask John Heald to help with our request but can't figure out how, any one know the process? Thank you.

31 minutes ago, jamie717 said:

A little off topic, we have seven of us sailing and my father has difficulty hearing with a lot of excess noises and we would like a round table so he can look at peoples mouths as they are speaking.  I would like to ask John Heald to help with our request but can't figure out how, any one know the process? Thank you.

John will probably just say the best thing is to get in touch with the Matre D' on embarkation day.  But if you want, ask in his Visitor / Community Posts area of his FB page.  You will see other asking him similar requests.

But he has asked you wait until tomorrow (Sat), as he is doing Carnival HQ stuff today.

6 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

John will probably just say the best thing is to get in touch with the Matre D' on embarkation day.  But if you want, ask in his Visitor / Community Posts area of his FB page.  You will see other asking him similar requests.

But he has asked you wait until tomorrow (Sat), as he is doing Carnival HQ stuff today.

Thank you! 

9 hours ago, jamie717 said:

8 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

.  John does not have any authority over the Maitres so your direct request has probably more weight.  

On 7/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, groundloop said:

We've had YTD a couple of times when we booked too late to get early dining.  Maybe it was just the ships we were on but it was our experience that dinner seemed to take longer with YTD, plus it was generally nice to have the same wait staff each evening and to get to know them a bit.  

As far as not having any obligation to carry on a conversation with folks at a table next to yours, the only time I had a bad experience was with YTD.  We we next to someone who insisted on showing us photos of all their kids, grandkids, bragging about how little he paid for the cruise, and even bringing up politics.  I understand that's not the norm, and thankfully we never saw those folks again for the rest of the cruise.

However, with all that being said, we may still consider YTD.

You can have the same wait staff with YTD every night.  All you have to do is ask.

I can relate.  I have a hard time hearing when there is so much back ground noise.  It is embarrassing to have to say huh over and over again.  I wish that Carnival would incorporate your dining room seating request into your online set up requests.  Do you want a booth, table for two or no preference.  A simple programming would be needed.   They usually try to pair you up based on demographics so why not go a little further?

• Like 1