Sale on Princess Plus Fare ?? - Update to previous thread regarding different fares

voljeep

Different fares on Princess website for me and my wife now showing this !

5 day western Caribbean cruise November 2021

My Fares - Saver fare - $ 709 - Princess Plus - $ 859  ( $ 30 pp / pd for Plus )

Wifes Fare - Saver      - $ 759 -                  Plus - $ 859  ( $ 20 pp / pd for Plus )

and yes I am fully aware that the 'normal' plus fare is an additional $ 40 pp / pd

we re-fared yesterday at the $ 859 rate ( savings went into FCC account since cruise fare was totally paid with FCC from cancelled cruises )

also allowed to keep previous promotion OBC, not on current pricing ( $ 50 pp based on length of cruise )

which I did by calling the general 1-800 # - got a great rep, who had to get it approved by a CSR - process took about 30 minutes total including hold time(s)

Anyone else seeing Plus fares less than $ 40 pp pd ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

Different fares on Princess website for me and my wife now showing this !

5 day western Caribbean cruise November 2021

My Fares - Saver fare - $ 709 - Princess Plus - $ 859  ( $ 30 pp / pd for Plus )

Wifes Fare - Saver      - $ 759 -                  Plus - $ 859  ( $ 20 pp / pd for Plus )

and yes I am fully aware that the 'normal' plus fare is an additional $ 40 pp / pd

we re-fared yesterday at the $ 859 rate ( savings went into FCC account since cruise fare was totally paid with FCC from cancelled cruises )

also allowed to keep previous promotion OBC, not on current pricing ( $ 50 pp based on length of cruise )

which I did by calling the general 1-800 # - got a great rep, who had to get it approved by a CSR - process took about 30 minutes total including hold time(s)

Anyone else seeing Plus fares less than $ 40 pp pd ?

Thanks for the heads up!!  Just reared our December cruise on the Regal and saved a chunk!!  Now, if we actually sail?  TBD 

• Like 1

Princess has been doing price drops on many cruises.

If this is the 5-day with Cozumel on Nov 24,  a regular balcony is starting at $549. Saver and $749. for the Plus Package.  So, that is $40. per day, for 5 days.

( $749. is less than the $859. mentioned above. )

Not sure why one persons Saver fare was listed at a different fare than the other???

Everyone should check their cruise if there is any possibility that there has been a price drop.

Princess has been doing numerous targeted "private sale" offers that is tied to the Captains Circle # and/or state/city of residence.  No apparent rhyme or reason as to whom qualifies and whom doesn't and the private sale fares often don't follow normal plus/saver guidelines.

• Thanks 2

Checked all of my cruises.  No such deal for me.  I am currently booked with Princess Plus, but will probably drop it to Basic as the cruises get closer.  Hopefully, this will become a trend.

13 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Princess has been doing price drops on many cruises.

If this is the 5-day with Cozumel on Nov 24,  a regular balcony is starting at $549. Saver and $749. for the Plus Package.  So, that is $40. per day, for 5 days.

( $749. is less than the $859. mentioned above. )

Not sure why one persons Saver fare was listed at a different fare than the other???

Everyone should check their cruise if there is any possibility that there has been a price drop.

ours is not a "regular" balcony

those are priced from $ 699 forward to $ 749 midship for Plus fares.

still lots of time for more price drops as there are plenty of cabins ( whole balcony sections ) for this little 5 day ... but easily combined with short cruises both before and after ... 

• Like 1