Unvaccinated children wearing masks?

Hi,

we are trying to figure out if we need to postpone our trip on October. Has anyone been recently with children? And if yes did the children (I’m taking unvaccinated under age 12) have to wear their masks the whole time? Im also concerned as our 11 year old turns 12 two days before our cruise so he obviously won’t be fully vaccinated in time if we should also postpone because of that. I’ve called royal Caribbean and they won’t give me an answer as to if he will even be allowed in the cruise.

Thanks everyone! 

There are a couple of threads with people who cruised recently with children. Anyone who is unvaxxed has to wear their mask. Even vaxxed have to wear their mask when not eating or drinking and/or not in 100% vaxxed areas. The protocols for Sept/Oct have not been released and without knowing where you are sailing from, I cannot say if it will be 100% vax cruise....but RCG is not operating that way because they are allowing unvaxxed children to sail.

Where is the trip out of in October. Currently every state besides Florida requires those 12 and over to be vax. If that rule still stands in October (I personally think it will) then I don't think they'd make an exception if the kid turned 12 two days ago and couldn't have been fully vaxed by then. 

Royal's currently rule is anyone not vaxed has to wear a mask with the exception of those under I think 2. So yes, by rule as unvaxed he would have to wear a mask. There's varying reports of how well enforced it is.

I think

25 minutes ago, taraleigh05 said:

Hi,

we are trying to figure out if we need to postpone our trip on October. Has anyone been recently with children? And if yes did the children (I’m taking unvaccinated under age 12) have to wear their masks the whole time? Im also concerned as our 11 year old turns 12 two days before our cruise so he obviously won’t be fully vaccinated in time if we should also postpone because of that. I’ve called royal Caribbean and they won’t give me an answer as to if he will even be allowed in the cruise.

Thanks everyone! 

Rather than engaging in a popular opinion survey, read the policies for your cruise. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

If it is a vaccine mandatory cruise, you will be denied boarding. 

If it is a vaccine options cruise, you can sail, but your will be limited as to what your entire party can do and where you can go. 

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Rather than engaging in a popular opinion survey, read the policies for your cruise. 

That works great, until RCI decides to change the protocols - which can happen at any time. October is pretty far in the future.

• Like 1

From what I read, unvaxxed will have to wear them while indoors, unless actively eating or drinking.

Unvaxxed have to book excursions through the ship.

Unvaxxed 12 and over will need additional testing, that the passenger pays for.

There are excluded areas that they can go on the ship.  But, when looking for us (we will have 2 under 12 with us) there isn’t anywhere that is restricted we would typically take them anyway.  These areas are the solarium (adults only anyway), some bars, the spa, some restaurant spaces (so many other options) and some show locations (we aren’t big on the shows anyway.  

We will be going on ours in December.