Our Adventure on the Adventure - Live from Adventure of the Seas, July 3, 2021

We made it! 

An early start with a 5:25am flight from DFW to Miami, we left our house at 2:35 and arrived at the airport at 2:50 and the ticket counter line was already crazy long. Thank goodness for Priority Check-in. We got through security by 3:30 and hung out at the admirals club until it was time to head to the gate. 

We got our steps in for the day walking from one end of the airport in Miami to the other (D8 to D60H). The flight from MIA to NAS was rough. Lots of turbulence and we got stuck in holding for 3 laps. Thankfully we did’t have to divert back to MIA. 

Processing the airport was a breeze. From touchdown to unloading at the hotel only am hour and 10 minutes passed. 20 minutes was spent in the immigration line, but there were 3 flights arriving at the same time. Our health visas were folded and the immigrations officer never looked at any of them 🙄.

Dwayne was our taxi driver and he was great. Said he was very thankful for all of the tourists coming back and gave us little bits of info along the way. 

We are sitting Bulion enjoying a (very strong-but could be that I’m exhausted) drink and appetizers while waiting for our room at the British Colonial to be ready. Fish Fry for dinner and then am early bedtime. @LMDaddy and I stayed up all night last night and only took a nap on the flights. The boys have been up since 2am and their attitudes are showing it. 

9F9BE25C-F1EB-4F2E-9D9D-33AEE4BCB9D7.jpeg

F3F7785C-DFBB-4918-8EAD-BA3E8DC5A67C.jpeg

• Like 17

Wxnerd- we are not on this cruise we are on jewel later this month could I ask you do they still do set sail booklet as all royal does is bombard us with the royal app to book the check in as we only settle our account in cash we have to check in at the pier ,thanks . By the way we’re from the uk

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Don't mean to hijack but this is really cool!  Horn duel between Adventure and Celebrity Edge...awesome, made me tear up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cG2DF1hAQo

The Edge, Grandeur OTS and Crystal Serenity were in port today. I almost cried when I heard the edge blow her horn as we were walking down to the Fish Fry. 

E0D468EE-FBE5-4263-B492-20622144BB31.jpeg

Edited by WxNerd
  • Like 8

We got to the hotel around 2:30 and were told the room wasn’t ready but would be ready in an hour. At 5 we gave up and walked down to the Fish Fry for dinner in hopes that the room would be ready by the time we got back. Sounds like they are much like the US in finding workers to come back. 

we ate at Goldies at the Fish Fry. Food was amazing 10/10, Service was an 8/10 (mostly because we were all tired and they are all on island time 🙂), Atmosphere, 4/10. The music was really loud and not kid appropriate at all. I didn’t get pictures of everyones food since my phone was almost dead. Attached are a few. I highly recommend the restaurant, sitting out on the patio meant there were quite a few flies but it was fun to watch the fishermen clean their catch and even watched a few sea turtles for a bit. The walk back wasn’t bad, most of the water from afternoon downpours had evaporated and it helped burn off some of the food. 

6471DB01-5CA4-4D66-B493-52EB98CDD796.jpeg

0C8E573B-F318-4CCC-A271-85BB4275ED68.jpeg

A999E59D-31B5-4437-BDAA-B43A1ECF2C19.jpeg

Edited by WxNerd
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

Sorry for the typos everyone. I’m so tired, hopefully you guys can overlook them 🤦‍♀️

I think I can speak for all of us!! No worries on the typos!  We are all just happy to live vicariously through you! Thanks for taking the time!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, nicben said:

Wxnerd- we are not on this cruise we are on jewel later this month could I ask you do they still do set sail booklet as all royal does is bombard us with the royal app to book the check in as we only settle our account in cash we have to check in at the pier ,thanks . By the way we’re from the uk

I will see if I can find out. I think I remember cash being an option on the registration through the app, but I don’t remember for sure. 

IT’S CRUISE DAY!!!

It has been 719 days since the last time we got to say that, and I am so excited! Adventure arrived in the wee hours of the morning and we didn’t see her go by, but we do have a view of the inlet from our hotel room. 

Speaking of hotel rooms, we were a little cranky about the delay in it being ready last night but we understood they were doing the best they could to get all the rooms ready. When we arrived at 2pm the gentleman at the front desk told us he could switch our room to one on the other side of the building, but said we would want to keep this one. He was right. The view is beautiful and much more than I expected when I booked a “city view” room. I will get some pictures once we are all packed up again and make a separate post.  

Now I think I am going to get ready for the day and go wander around the hotel and I hopefully the not-so-little boys will stay asleep long enough for me to run across the street and get donuts as a surprise for breakfast. My oldest mentioned Dunkin Donuts several times yesterday, hint hint mom 😉. And since not only is it cruise day, it’s the 11th anniversary of me becoming a mom for the first time 🤱 I figured that would be a great treat. 

F4210D9B-EC95-49CB-AAD4-F51E1E385762.jpeg

6A822742-B830-4AB9-AB3C-089ABA94F001.jpeg

• Like 12

10 hours ago, df5250 said:

Following along!  I sail the on the 10th! Looking forward to your review!!

These boards and YouTube vlogs are a great way to pass the time as the clock slowly ticks by. Living vicariously through others while you wait for your turn.