How Long Does It Take to Get a Refund From Princess

mcrcruiser

We cancelled one cruise recently &  we are waiting   doe our  refund  on our credit card before we book new cruises with Princess . 

How long does it take for you to get refunds  on your credit cards ?

9 minutes ago, Coral said:

I cancelled something recently and it was quick - probably a week.

I think there is more of a delay if Princess cancels the sailing.

Thanks that is a probability  that we cancelled & not Princess .We want to do a B2B cruise January on Majestic   to Mexico ;but we will not extend more deposit money until we see the credit  .We also have FCCs for the 1st cruise

When I cancelled my cruise before Princess and before final payment was due I received credit to my CC in 4 days.  It was a large deposit because I booked a suite.  When Princess cancelled took over 9 weeks to get my refund.  Both cruises were cancelled in 2020.

• Like 1

Thanks again folks .Well good news ,we got the $800 credit & we booked the Jan8 ,2022 & the Jan 15 ,2022 Mexican Riviera cruises B2B  in the same cabin  . The deposit was $500 each for  those cruises . 

Now we wait for our new pass ports sent in awhile ago  to for the on line pre boarding info .

• Like 1

I cancelled a December 2021 cruise on 5/23/2021 and received a refund of our $200 deposit within 10 days.

I was forced to cancel a October 2022 TA cruise on 6/29/2021.  (Princess cancelled and rescheduled departure date to a date that didn't work for us). I canceled  about a month before Princess would automatically cancel if they had not heard from us. I am still waiting to see the $800 deposit refund to my credit card. So it's been about 4 weeks so far. I doubt I'll see the refund before the end of August.😪

Doug

We were booked on the Island Princess November 2021 transatlantic, which Princess cancelled in June (around the 25th I think). We asked for a refund, and last week I contacted them to check on the status. Processed on July 20, and said it should take 7 to 10 business days to be credited to our card. 

Haven't seen it yet, but 10 business days would be Aug. 3rd. 

Meanwhile... put a deposit on Enchanted Princess September 2022 transatlantic. Fingers crossed. 

23 hours ago, GatorMomInNC said:

Princess cancelled a cruise on us on June 17th.  I immediately requested a refund.  Nothing yet, which is very discouraging that it is taking so long.   I guess I will give it another couple weeks and call them. 

They might not be processing any refunds before the date they gave as the last day for passengers top choose between refund and FCCs.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

They might not be processing any refunds before the date they gave as the last day for passengers top choose between refund and FCCs.

I am starting to think the same thing. We had a TA cruise from Southampton next October. The departure date was changed, around 20 June (this year)  think. We had until 24 July to decide if we wanted to re-book the new date. That later date would not work for us so we canceled the cruise on 29 June. I have not seen a refund to our credit card yet, but if your thinking in correct, perhaps I might see my refund in another month or so.

I have not bothered to check with Princess on the refund other than to do some checking on another Princess cruise we have scheduled earlier in Feb 2022. Interestingly, our 'canceled' October 2022 TA cruise still shows when I log into Princess.com. I though for sure it would disappear once 24 July came, but it has not. I hate to call them about the canceled TA still appearing on our planner and ask about the refund, as I figure neither they nor I want to spend that much time on the phone......

Doug

4 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Interestingly, our 'canceled' October 2022 TA cruise still shows when I log into Princess.com. I though for sure it would disappear once 24 July came, but it has not.

It stays on your record until they actually process the refund/FCCs.

In fact, that is the quickest way to know they have done the processing, when it disappears from your list of upcoming cruises.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

It stays on your record until they actually process the refund/FCCs.

In fact, that is the quickest way to know they have done the processing, when it disappears from your list of upcoming cruises.

Ah, that is very good to know! Where did you learn that; personal experience. We are all seeing too many canceled cruises, aren't we?

Doug